07-05-10, 02:55 AM   #2801
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is my first time actually posting a UI screenshot here, though I've commented on many.

A note about my preferences... I have tried many times to get into using a UF mod, but it never works out. I suppose that if my main were a DPS I would have to make more of an effort, but since I heal, I'm more concerned with the raid UF.

Main mods:
Bigwigs
Blizzfacade
Buttonfacade
Buttonrange
CT_UnitFrames
Decursive
Dominos
Grid
OmniCC
pMinimap
Prat
Quartz
TipTac

I also have some custom textures in the Interface folder for the chat buttons, health/mana bar texture, nameplates, tooltips.

07-06-10, 03:45 AM   #2802
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Blinky12 View Post
Downloaded the new Foof Tuk UI edit and edited it myself. Removed chat frames, edited the oUF layout. Yay.
/Drool

message is too short

07-06-10, 06:37 AM   #2803
ashankt
A Murloc Raider
So first go at making an Interface in 5 years, other times it was just mods bundled together, but this feels very good I'm on a crappy old 17" TFT, so the res. is annoying but this makes it easier Any criticism taken

Mods used

Visible:
AZCastbar (obv. I'm on Rogue so you don't see this often here :P)
Bartender 4
Btex
ButtonFacade
CoolLine
DamnChatTabs
DBM
EasyMail
EventHorizon (got rid of Tricks + Rupture - might swap Tricks back in for DP when I got 2pc T10 bonus)
FreeBTip
KGPanels
MSBT
nBuff
OmniCC
OzRaid
pMinimap
Prat
ShadowedUnitFrames
Skada

Broker Mods:
Ara_Broker_Guild_Friends
Ara_Broker_Money
Ara_Broker_Weapon_Buffs
Ara_Broker_XP (again max level this is used for my alts)
Atlas Loot
Broker_H3Currency
Broker_Factions
Broker_Lonnymenu
Broker_RaidSave
Broker_uClock
Chocolate Bar
Consolid8

07-06-10, 10:32 AM   #2804
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

here is a new screenie of my UI ^^

07-06-10, 11:10 AM   #2805
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by ashankt View Post
So first go at making an Interface in 5 years, other times it was just mods bundled together, but this feels very good I'm on a crappy old 17" TFT, so the res. is annoying but this makes it easier Any criticism taken
Pretty good, especially for a first time A couple of things, though:

- You need to work on some alignment with your panels/borders... the OCD part of me is screaming at you right now :P
- Your combat text seems a bit... large? Might just be personal preference, but it seems to be blocking alot of your view.
- Small nitpick: maybe set the chat tabs to mouseover, or something? They look kind of strange as is.
- You might also want to unify the fonts/textures used throughout, it will make it look cleaner and more organized

Overall, you did a good job incorporating your specific class needs (CoolLine, EventHorizon, etc), as well as making everything clear and noticeable

Last edited by Zagrei : 07-06-10 at 11:14 AM.

07-06-10, 03:12 PM   #2806
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
yarr harr..

http://img94.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=classnames.jpg

had a crash and kind of had too start over with a lot of stuff so no major changes... been wanting too start over with something completely new but time isnt on my side atm so had too go lazymode.

Testing if i want white names or classcolored ones.. just noticed classcolored text looked a lot better in game than on the screenies. bloom mod makes quite a difference in my layout with the background colors!

-_-v

07-06-10, 03:22 PM   #2807
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Hey Game92, make your portrait border the same as well :P

07-06-10, 04:44 PM   #2808
blkdrgn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Chat frame.

Finally done with the bottom panel. I made the finishing touches on the chat frame today..Comments always appreciated=)

Missconstrew 80 Mage
-Many other lower level alts=)

07-06-10, 04:50 PM   #2809
Detox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by blkdrgn View Post
Finally done with the bottom panel. I made the finishing touches on the chat frame today..Comments always appreciated=)

Maybe try to use a consistent font color for gold, time, bag space, etc. and think about if you even need this info to be shown..
And pls don't leave empty spaces in your actionbars...

07-06-10, 05:43 PM   #2810
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom

The bottom info panels should be the same length as the bottom action bars + chat frames, and the panel below the minimap should be the same width as well.

Also, This UI looks almost like the old versions of Kitty UI :P

07-06-10, 06:12 PM   #2811
blkdrgn

Ferous you mean kinda like this?

Missconstrew 80 Mage

07-06-10, 06:28 PM   #2812
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Sort of...

Like this:

07-06-10, 06:35 PM   #2813
blkdrgn

Ahh, I see...lemme go work on that.
Missconstrew 80 Mage

07-06-10, 06:39 PM   #2814
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Ahh, I see...lemme go work on that.
It just looks more symmetrical like that :P OCD in me! lol

07-06-10, 07:31 PM   #2815
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

or just one big bar at the bottom

07-06-10, 11:37 PM   #2816
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
okay, since I haven't had a widescreen for a while here is what I got going on my non widescreen. NOTE - This UI is meant to be for healers, I don't feel like customizing it for my rogue >.>

In raid OOC -

In raid Combat -

Solo OOC -

Last edited by Ferous : 07-06-10 at 11:43 PM.

07-07-10, 04:52 AM   #2817
blkdrgn

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
okay, since I haven't had a widescreen for a while here is what I got going on my non widescreen. NOTE - This UI is meant to be for healers, I don't feel like customizing it for my rogue >.>

In raid OOC -

In raid Combat -

Solo OOC -

Is that Vuhdo raid frame?
Missconstrew 80 Mage

07-07-10, 05:02 AM   #2818
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
The bottom info panels should be the same length as the bottom action bars + chat frames, and the panel below the minimap should be the same width as well.
1. To whomever mentioned the different color gold for the time, bag space, etc... I think that is the same color, but it looks different because some of those are in bold, while others are not, affecting the color slightly.

2. Leaving some spaces in the action bar might look unsightly, but it might be a semi-clicker thing. When it comes to my own UI, I use my mouse to click most things on the right side, while using my left hand for all keyboarding. So, the result is that some of the more important things have a space next to them to facilitate clicking (IE a better visual representation of where it is so I can move my mouse there quickly.) -- I realize this is a very odd way of playing, but I'm very right-hand oriented.

3. I also think the bottom info bar should either be a single bar, or 2 even length bars. I don't see why the time has to be off by itself like that. Also, I think that having that bar a bit lower, and perhaps less noticeable might improve the functionality of the UI. When you're in a raid, you don't really need to know how many bag spaces you have. I think it's just extraneous information that your eyes don't need to be bothered with. You have to consider that your eyes have a large peripheral range, so you are seeing things even if you aren't focused on them.

Btw... please don't take any of these things as criticisms! If you like your UI then keep it that way! Certainly don't feel the need to change something because few forum nerds said so, these are just things to consider .

07-07-10, 06:00 AM   #2819
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by nin View Post
yarr harr..

http://img94.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=classnames.jpg

had a crash and kind of had too start over with a lot of stuff so no major changes... been wanting too start over with something completely new but time isnt on my side atm so had too go lazymode.

Testing if i want white names or classcolored ones.. just noticed classcolored text looked a lot better in game than on the screenies. bloom mod makes quite a difference in my layout with the background colors!

-_-v
Really like this UI. , Can't really see the pictures properly however as Imageshack has resized them

07-07-10, 06:36 AM   #2820
blkdrgn

Originally Posted by sakurakira View Post
1. To whomever mentioned the different color gold for the time, bag space, etc... I think that is the same color, but it looks different because some of those are in bold, while others are not, affecting the color slightly.

2. Leaving some spaces in the action bar might look unsightly, but it might be a semi-clicker thing. When it comes to my own UI, I use my mouse to click most things on the right side, while using my left hand for all keyboarding. So, the result is that some of the more important things have a space next to them to facilitate clicking (IE a better visual representation of where it is so I can move my mouse there quickly.) -- I realize this is a very odd way of playing, but I'm very right-hand oriented.

3. I also think the bottom info bar should either be a single bar, or 2 even length bars. I don't see why the time has to be off by itself like that. Also, I think that having that bar a bit lower, and perhaps less noticeable might improve the functionality of the UI. When you're in a raid, you don't really need to know how many bag spaces you have. I think it's just extraneous information that your eyes don't need to be bothered with. You have to consider that your eyes have a large peripheral range, so you are seeing things even if you aren't focused on them.

Btw... please don't take any of these things as criticisms! If you like your UI then keep it that way! Certainly don't feel the need to change something because few forum nerds said so, these are just things to consider .
That was great feed back. Let me just adress a few things people seem to linger on..lol.
1. The money text color. That is just how auditor displays it. I do not no LUA and bazooka wont let me change things on a lot of 3rd party plugins. Its just one yellow thing. I dont miind it.
2. Other texts on the bar..well I just havent gotten around to making all of them the same size/font/boldness/color. my fault there.
3. THE EMPTY BUTTONS....Lol, I am working on a new mage, he is only 34 so I dont have any more buttons to put there. I guess I can post pics on one of my toons that is 80 if that will suffice the button hounds....hehe.
4. Bags/other misc displays. Well, I like to raid and all, but honestly the whole raid schedual and guild/raid BS just got to me. I much more enjoy myself leveling toons. So things like bag space, and some other little things like xp, durability, those are VERY usefull to me. I level and quest for long periods at times, and i like to see this info quickly.
5. The Bars. I used to have ONE bar. I didnt like it. Currently I have three equal bars and I think It looks good.

I think thats about everything that keeps coming up.. Thanks to all for the great input.
Missconstrew 80 Mage

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...