12-12-07, 10:16 PM   #1
JoshBorke
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
RaidCast (Bars)

So I'm working on a mod that will allow you to configurably display the cast bars of all the members in your group (raid).

What I've got so far is:

A mod that lets you create an infinite number of anchors for cast bars. The anchors can either represent a unit or a named target, ie "target" or "GreatTank". If a cast is determined to land on the unit/target for an anchor then it is shown beneath (or above) the anchor. If you've ever heard about HealWatch (here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...HealWatch.html) or similar mods, it's a generic form of that. There are options to create a list of spells you want to show as a "Filter Set" and then you apply a filter set to an anchor.

My question is what would you like to see in this mod? I've added 2 extra anchor types, "aoe" and "None" for spells that have a targeting circle (like Blizzard or Mass Dispel) and spells that have no target like (Summon Imp or Portal: Shattrath). Are these 2 extra anchors necessary?

How would you use this mod?

I've uploaded a video to filefront so you can see it in action: http://files.filefront.com/raidcasta.../fileinfo.html

If no one has any changes then I hope to get a Beta out next week.
12-12-07, 10:25 PM   #2
JoshBorke
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

btw, if you know of similar mods (PartyCastingBars has been pointed out to me, thanks!) let me know
12-16-07, 04:50 AM   #3
smb
A Murloc Raider

I have two ideas to simplify the anchor-creation process:

1. Multiple units per anchor (something like dewdrop multiToggle) - "raid1", "raid2", "raid3", "raid4", "raid5" would display all members of raid-group 1

2. option to have ALL units selected for 1 anchor ("raid", "party" , ...) and filter those units (black-/whitelisting of classes/unitnames)
example 1: ALL raid-units, blacklist: warrior + rogue + "JoshBorke" --> shows all raid units exceptp warriors, rogues and "JoshBorke"
example 2: ALL raid-units, blacklist: warrior, priest - whitelist: Smb --> shows all raid units w/o priests but WITH Smb (priest! )
12-26-07, 01:38 AM   #4
dutorien
A Murloc Raider
Hello JoshBorke,

I'm very interresting by your addon. Could I test it ?

Best regards

Duto
01-12-08, 09:04 AM   #5
JoshBorke
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by dutorien
Hello JoshBorke,

I'm very interresting by your addon. Could I test it ?

Best regards

Duto
you can download it via svn from http://svn.wowace.com/wowace/branches/RaidCast/Ace3

it's still in beta and has 0 documentation

but if you get it working without any help that will be fantastic!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » RaidCast (Bars)