are you copy/pasting it in or typing?

I type all.
05-22-08, 03:39 PM   #22
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mikord View Post
This is an excellent addition to WoWInterface. Thank you to all those who worked to implement it.

One suggestion I have is to install a pre-revprop-change hook to allow svn:log updates to correct commit log errors.

The typical command to do this is:

svn propset --revprop -r <revision> svn:log "This is the corrected log message."

For a linux type of environment, the hook could look like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
REPOS="$1"
REV="$2"
USER="$3"
PROPNAME="$4"

if [ "$PROPNAME" = "svn:log" ]; then exit 0; fi

echo "Changing revision properties other than svn:log is prohibited" >&2
exit 1
It would need to be named pre-revprop-change and made executable. It is typically located in a svn/hooks directory.

This hook would allow the svn:log unversioned revision property to be changed (with appropriate user/pass permissions of course) and disallow changing any others thereby allowing log updates without compromising other properties.
Thanks, I'm fully aware of how to set up revprops to work, but I fail to see why there is a specific need for it. Its extremely rare to need to alter the log after the fact. That being said, I will consider it.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
05-22-08, 03:39 PM   #23
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Try generating a new password see if that fixes things for you Broessel01.
05-22-08, 07:14 PM   #24
Mikord
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
Thanks, I'm fully aware of how to set up revprops to work, but I fail to see why there is a specific need for it. Its extremely rare to need to alter the log after the fact. That being said, I will consider it.
I thank you for considering it.

I would have to disagree with you about the rarity of needing to alter a log message however. You seem quite familiar with SVN and as such I'm sure you know it is actually quite common for log entries to have typos, accidental omissions, useless entries, etc.

Allowing a repository admin to clean up these errors provides a much cleaner log history when you need it 6 months later.

Whether or not it's implemented, I'm still extremely pleased with the system and the fact WoWI is offering it. Excellent job all around.
05-22-08, 08:56 PM   #25
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Whoops, fixed
Thanks, Dolby! <3
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-23-08, 03:19 PM   #26
Broessel01
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Try generating a new password see if that fixes things for you Broessel01.
Can't login
05-23-08, 05:26 PM   #27
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
What SVN client are you using? I was able to login to your account just fine... http://svn.wowinterface.com/listing....%2F&rev=2&sc=0 (see my test commit under your name?, once you get it working I can reset the SVN to remove my test commit if you want)

Last edited by Dolby : 05-23-08 at 05:31 PM.
05-23-08, 07:21 PM   #28
Broessel01
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What SVN client are you using? I was able to login to your account just fine... http://svn.wowinterface.com/listing....%2F&rev=2&sc=0 (see my test commit under your name?, once you get it working I can reset the SVN to remove my test commit if you want)
Thx, but now i works
05-26-08, 07:58 AM   #29
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Could we get the option ro rename projects?

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
05-26-08, 10:53 AM   #30
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
Could we get the option ro rename projects?
Good idea, will add that to my list.
05-31-08, 09:49 AM   #31
JoshBorke
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

When comparing to previous, the style of the page changes depending on where your mouse is located.

Specifically it is one style when over the diff area and another style when in the options above (SVN Options, Portal, etc)
06-09-08, 01:39 PM   #32
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

This is not working right on the Light theme.

Overall it is nice, though.

Thanks!

Last edited by Cralor : 06-09-08 at 01:54 PM.
06-19-08, 09:49 AM   #33
dafire
Premium Member
svn 1.5.0 is out and adds sparse checkouts and merge tracking.

I think merge tracking might be great for people who create branches of other addons or compilations that change original addons to track and merge changes to the original addons .9
08-26-09, 06:43 AM   #34
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Can't add a user to my "team"

trying to add a WoWI user to the "team" for my SVN repository, a new collaborator to whom i wish to grant commit authority.

i traverse to this website feature via "Projects>SVN Options>Team Permissions" for the project i want to modify.

however, entering their user name, either their "plain" WoWI user name or the SVN user name (with the 5-digit number at the end), and clicking the "Add" button, seems to have no effect. the page refreshes, no error message results (that i can see), but no new user name appears under "Team Directory Permissions", etc. i have done this before, successfully, without difficulty (some time ago). so, from my perspective, behavior seems to have changed.

the repository is open to public view (does that preclude user-level control like this?). did not see anything listed for this specifically under "Help>SVN Help". what am i doing wrong?
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
08-26-09, 11:55 AM   #35
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
The user your trying to add needs to have a SVN account enabled. All they need to do is visit the SVN area, enable it and generate a password. Then you can add them.

*Remember: The user your adding must already have SVN enabled on their account. You may add the same user multiple times.
08-26-09, 03:24 PM   #36
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
The user your trying to add needs to have a SVN account enabled. All they need to do is visit the SVN area, enable it and generate a password. Then you can add them.
hmm, i had understood this had already happened (as described in my post, i tried to add them using the SVN user ID they supplied, in the form that has the 5-digit number embedded in it).

could they have created an SVN user ID, and believed it was "enabled", but then experienced some delay before it became valid? a delay that is still in progress?

anyway, i just tried adding them again, using the ID as they supplied it to me, with the same result (silent lack of results). if approving a new SVN user ID is a multi-day process, or something, this could explain what is happening.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
08-26-09, 03:44 PM   #37
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Creating the SVN account is instantaneous and requires no approval. Do you have javascript disabled for that page? Enable it and try again. When you type their name it will come up in the suggestions.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
08-26-09, 06:53 PM   #38
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Can you PM me the username or userid your trying to add so that I may check their SVN account? What web browser are you using? What SVN project are you trying to add them to?

There is no approval process for creating an SVN account.

I've just added a few team members to my test project and that code hasn't been changed for a very long time. So I'll need the above info to continue to diagnose the problem.

Last edited by Dolby : 08-26-09 at 06:57 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » SVN Feedback