01-01-07, 02:19 AM   #1
Malignant
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Introducing BuffQ

BuffQ - Buff queueing system to manage buff/cure requests from party/raid members. Written with the Ace2 libs.

Feedback/feature requests welcome.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...661-BuffQ.html

Last edited by Malignant : 01-07-07 at 04:50 PM.
01-01-07, 02:38 PM   #2
Saynt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Looking good so far. I personally was a fan of TellParse as it took up less gui space and allowed you to cancel requests within the list, versus WhisperCast. One thing I do like right off the back is the ability to hide the window when the list is clear. Small thing to add: commas between buffs when someone sends 'bq'.
01-01-07, 05:29 PM   #3
Keriana
A Murloc Raider
Great mod, thank you for making it available.

There is one thing I'd like to see that WC didn't have and I always wanted. That is: A GUI to set up tell/response messages and to set up what triggers for what spells.

For instance, I'd like to change the <BQ> Blah has been queued for you to something more personalized, preferably including a variable for the person's name if possible.

The triggered spells are also missing group versions and talents (no power infusion, for instance. I'd love to be able to add these myself in a nice GUI.

And lastly - a fubar for this would really round it out.

Thanks for the consideration =)
01-02-07, 10:21 PM   #4
Malignant
A Murloc Raider
WhisperCast has been updated for 2.0, therefore this mod will be discontinued (at least publically).

I only did this mod for fun to get my feet wet with the Ace2 libs and I originally wasn't going to release this to the public (hence the simple design). Decided to put it on here for friends/guildies until WC got updated, which didn't take long once this went up

Thanks for the comments
01-03-07, 04:51 PM   #5
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Please do not abandon this, IMHO whispercast is badly coded
01-04-07, 07:15 PM   #6
Malignant
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mrruben5
Please do not abandon this, IMHO whispercast is badly coded
I'm not abandoning this. I'm still working on this and my other mods when I can, I just figured with WC being updated that there was no need for a public release anymore.

I guess there's no harm in keeping this updated on WOWI. I've put up the latest version (changelog listed in description) -- next version will have an interface for adding/removing spells and support for multiple buff triggers.
01-07-07, 05:19 PM   #7
Malignant
A Murloc Raider
A few notes regarding 0.3:

- The menu spell list will only contain spells from the saved library that your character knows.
- The menu spell list will refresh when you learn a new/higher-rank spell (either from trainer or talent screen) and any previously unknown spells in the library should show up. I haven't tested this feature yet so please report any errors here. There's probably a bug here where the spell list will not update when you clear your talent points at a trainer, oops.
- When adding a new spell trigger, a duplicate check is done only for the selected spell. If you have duplicate triggers across multiple spells, the first spell in the list with that trigger will be picked on a request whisper.
01-07-07, 05:51 PM   #8
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Awesome
01-08-07, 09:38 AM   #9
Saynt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Looking great. Thanks for keeping this going!

Any thoughts on a sound when a request is made, similar to what WhisperCast does?
01-08-07, 06:12 PM   #10
Keriana
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for keeping this going. I was able to add all the group versions of my spells painlessly. Fantastic.

I hope you'll consider adding a GUI for modifying the responses, as well. I like to make mine rather cutesy/smart-alecky.

Also - any chance of adding the queued spells/clearing queues etc to the Fubar menu rather than having that big clunky thing? Or at least making the big clunky queue area resizable? =)

Thank you so much for all of this. Wonderful mod.
01-08-07, 10:50 PM   #11
Malignant
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Keriana
Also - any chance of adding the queued spells/clearing queues etc to the Fubar menu rather than having that big clunky thing? Or at least making the big clunky queue area resizable? =)
0.4 is up and contains scaling. Affects both bar/list frames. I'll look into plugging this into FuBar soon-ish.

Also added 'beep on request' which is configurable for always/on empty queue/never.

I'll think about how to implement an interface for custom messaging but right now that's low priority. If you know what you're doing, you *could* open locals_enUS.lua (save a backup first!), find the message you want to change and change true to "your custom message here" . Example, look for:

["Failed to cast $0 on you. Discarding request from queue."] = true,

and change to:

["Failed to cast $0 on you. Discarding request from queue."] = "No $0 for j00!",

Thank for the suggestions/comments
01-08-07, 11:55 PM   #12
Keriana
A Murloc Raider
Yes, editing the language file I what I did with Whispercast, that's no problem. I just figured since you were so attentive that it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thank you for making it resizable anddlooking at the fubar thing and the custom responses.

I love this mod, I love that you made it available. Thank you, again, and again, and again. =)
01-09-07, 09:45 AM   #13
Saynt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
FYI, there is now a Skinner skin for BuffQ. Makes it look sweet

Any chances to be able to click on the list so that you do not have to cast in the specific queue order?
For example, right click to cast from the list; left click to cancel.
01-10-07, 09:42 PM   #14
Malignant
A Murloc Raider
0.5 is up. Fixed a dewdrop error .. I think this was the result of updating one of my other Ace2 mods.

Also threw in a new feature, setting custom feedback messages. You can find it in the Messages submenu. The tooltip for each custom message will list the available variables which are all optional. You need to hit ENTER to set the message after input.

Still looking into FuBar and a better list frame, but I'm in the middle of moving so a bit busy atm
01-10-07, 10:01 PM   #15
Keriana
A Murloc Raider
I have to get some sleep but I think that just got delayed so I can play with this. You are amazing, thank you. =)
01-10-07, 10:11 PM   #16
Keriana
A Murloc Raider
I love this, it's perfect, thank you.

One quick question:

I had someone oor request some buffs. It failed a good 20 times and never sent the failure message. Not sure why it wouldn't. It was giving me feedback:

BuffQ: Name is OOR.

Thank you for doing this. I'm loving this so much.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Introducing BuffQ