08-31-06, 10:27 AM   #41
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
IceHUD sounds like something that might fit with the UI, I'l have to check that one out.

Personally I love using the numpad in raids, got all my moves in one place at the keyboard

And oops, will have to correct the typo in the next version

And keybindings for potions, I used to use shift+numpad 0 for major healing ones, but if you ain't got numpad on it will use potion so I stopped doing that, when I do actually have had bothered to get thistle teas I use shift+numpad -
09-03-06, 08:15 AM   #42
~RIP~Knuckles
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

Hay mate nice ui never seen one better was funny at first had to get used to the sizes of the UI buttons now but now youve made it so that i cant live without it was just checking out the new version screenie looks different im a priest in game so the drathals hud isnt very good for me

Yeh im a simpleton had to reset the keybindings also lol

Cool anyway keep up the good work i wonder wether is it possible for you to give me a list of the updated addons for 0.3 so i can keep the layout of the original raid screen because that is the one that got me into wanting this ui

Last edited by ~RIP~Knuckles : 09-03-06 at 08:28 AM.
09-03-06, 08:57 AM   #43
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

So you wan't the bottom layout of 0.3 and the raid frames of 0.2/0.1?

Simple, download Easyraid and delete perfect raid, ought to give you the old raid frames but the new bottom layout.
09-03-06, 11:42 PM   #44
techsgtchen
A Theradrim Guardian

It took me a few hours but I figured out how to install it and get it working close enough to the screenshots. I just wanted to thank you for all your work. I really like how it works.

Comment #1: I would suggest coming up with two or three more sizes people can work from. I have no idea how hard this would be but not everyone has big screens.

Comment #2: The map part of it is a real bugger. The problem is with using other mods as well that happen to attatch themselves to the minimap. Unfortuantely not everything is _Blank_Fu

Comment #3: I noticed the [ecasting] was missing in the .3 version. Or at least it was mentioned in the installation guide but not present in the zip.

Question #1 Does the oRA work with others having CTRA?

Last edited by techsgtchen : 09-04-06 at 12:04 AM.
09-03-06, 11:53 PM   #45
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

THe problem with the resolution, is that the one in the package is the largest size I can use with my Screen, so I can't make larger resolutions, I might make a resolution for 1024xwhatever though, that depends on if I get the free time required soon >.<

Yes, the raid addons are fully compatible with ctra.

Last edited by Theon : 09-04-06 at 04:35 AM.
09-04-06, 06:51 AM   #46
Death on2wheelz
A Murloc Raider
Hello..

I am very very new to this modding thing, and indeed to WoW.

I unrar'd this to my desktop, moved them into my WoW directory. Yet when i log onto my account, i still have the original WoW interface over this one.. also, /dfm didn't work.. (load out of date bla is selected).

Could do with some help, as i really want to use this UI, but will need it explaining in laymans terms

Thanks.
09-04-06, 07:06 AM   #47
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

after Unraring the contents of the package to the desktop, you will have a folder called winter is Coming, inside there's 2 folders called Interface and WTF (and a readme)

Copy the Interface and WTF folder into the wow directory, so it will be C:\Programs\WoW\Interface
C:\Programs\WoW\WTF

then read the readme included and follow the steps in it, that should ensure a good installation.
09-04-06, 07:13 AM   #48
Death on2wheelz
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Theon
after Unraring the contents of the package to the desktop, you will have a folder called winter is Coming, inside there's 2 folders called Interface and WTF (and a readme)

Copy the Interface and WTF folder into the wow directory, so it will be C:\Programs\WoW\Interface
C:\Programs\WoW\WTF

then read the readme included and follow the steps in it, that should ensure a good installation.
kk, i did the first part then run out of time ;O)

loaded it into the wow directory, and i have the original game interface layered over the your one. Do i disable this later in the process??
09-04-06, 07:36 AM   #49
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

do a /dab and load the Winter is coming theons funky keybindings version, you should get the correct bar layout then.
09-04-06, 08:02 AM   #50
Death on2wheelz
A Murloc Raider
by do a /dab

do you mean in game type /dab (like /inv theon)

Sorry for n00b questions, but i am, well, a noob ;O)
09-04-06, 08:28 AM   #51
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

Aye, do /dab ingame as you would do an invite.

(the load profile part is under the misc options in the dab menu, by the way)
09-04-06, 08:45 AM   #52
Death on2wheelz
A Murloc Raider
cool... i will try it tonight when i get home.. thanks..
09-04-06, 01:51 PM   #53
uglifull
A Kobold Labourer
NitPicking

I'm nitpicking parts and bits of compliation UIs for my own personal Ui. I was wondering what the name of the addon that puts there circular bars around my character? I really like this look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reapp.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	791  
09-04-06, 09:06 PM   #54
techsgtchen
A Theradrim Guardian

I don't know what mod is doing this but whenever I tried to reset my talents it went right past the dialogue and opened up the menu where you buy spells. I tried to bind myself at an innkeeper and it went right past the dialogue again and showed the buy screen.

[edit] through a process of elimination I found that it was the chat box mod. which I imagine is someone else's programing. lol [/edit]

Last edited by techsgtchen : 09-04-06 at 09:16 PM.
09-04-06, 11:59 PM   #55
digitalus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by techsgtchen
I don't know what mod is doing this but whenever I tried to reset my talents it went right past the dialogue and opened up the menu where you buy spells. I tried to bind myself at an innkeeper and it went right past the dialogue again and showed the buy screen.

[edit] through a process of elimination I found that it was the chat box mod. which I imagine is someone else's programing. lol [/edit]
Try holding the CTRL key when you talk to the Innkeeper. This should bypass the "skip gossip" routine -- at least, it does for me
09-05-06, 12:01 AM   #56
digitalus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by uglifull
I'm nitpicking parts and bits of compliation UIs for my own personal Ui. I was wondering what the name of the addon that puts there circular bars around my character? I really like this look.
I think that's Nurfed HUD (not sure which texture it's using, since I'm using IceHUD in its place).
09-05-06, 01:00 AM   #57
Death on2wheelz
A Murloc Raider
Well i was up til 0030 trying to get this sorted (hate being new to things)

I got a fair bit done, but when ever i stopped editing the chat box 1 window, it would move back to the original location, also, how do i get the portrait of my player/target to appear larger in the window, looks very small...

Also, i could not get the map zoom in/out buttons to display, nor the chat window up/down buttons to display either.

Could really do with some help guys, cos as i said, i am very new at this, and this is the first time i have tried it.

Thanks
09-05-06, 01:33 AM   #58
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

Aye, hold ctrl to skip the by passing of certain windows (or you can turn it of in chatbox's options in /cb)

The hud is indeed a Nurfed HUD custom layout, it's called the Second HUD and can be found at the www.nurfed.com forum

The chat up and down buttons don't show cause I don't wan't em, I use the scroller on the mouse to scroll the chat instead.

To make the player target larger, do /adapt square.

The chatbox one moving is very weird, do you have installed any addons after downloading the package?

The minimap buttons, are also hidden 'cause I don't use em - have my minimap at max zoom out at all times, but if you really wan't to show them you can do /dfm and scroll down the menu at the left of it, untill you find MinimapZoominbutton/zoomoutbutton and uncheck force hide on them, this will cuase the UI to reload, but when it's done the buttons will show.
09-05-06, 02:44 AM   #59
Death on2wheelz
A Murloc Raider
Aye, hold ctrl to skip the by passing of certain windows (or you can turn it of in chatbox's options in /cb)

The hud is indeed a Nurfed HUD custom layout, it's called the Second HUD and can be found at the www.nurfed.com forum

The chat up and down buttons don't show cause I don't wan't em, I use the scroller on the mouse to scroll the chat instead.

To make the player target larger, do /adapt square.

The chatbox one moving is very weird, do you have installed any addons after downloading the package?

The minimap buttons, are also hidden 'cause I don't use em - have my minimap at max zoom out at all times, but if you really wan't to show them you can do /dfm and scroll down the menu at the left of it, untill you find MinimapZoominbutton/zoomoutbutton and uncheck force hide on them, this will cuase the UI to reload, but when it's done the buttons will show.
I tried unticking the force hide button, but did not work...also tried clicking 'show' which worked till the UI reloaded... (this did not work for the chat window navigate buttons..)

Would having titan panel installed cause me problems? I had it before the install.

Also, what do you mean Hold ctrl to skip by-passing of certain windows?

Also, how do i get the character portraits to fill the little boxes like the ones in your screen shots?

Last edited by Death on2wheelz : 09-05-06 at 03:27 AM.
09-05-06, 04:21 AM   #60
~RIP~Knuckles
A Defias Bandit
So you wan't the bottom layout of 0.3 and the raid frames of 0.2/0.1?

Simple, download Easyraid and delete perfect raid, ought to give you the old raid frames but the new bottom layout.
Does the entire guild have to have easy raid so that you can set the Main Tank bar or do you just have to be a raid leader? only 55 at the minute so i just wondered

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Winter is Coming UI