02-23-17, 02:55 PM   #1
KonigTX
A Fallenroot Satyr
Feedback on r19d

InfoBar:
Please add a way to change the font, font size and InfoBar scale. I'd also love an option to use the icons from before the update, as I prefer them greatly over the new ones. Otherwise, the new bar is pretty great. Well done!

CargBags:
I personally don't use any of the filtering options on CargBags. I just like having the whole inventory show, empty space included. Since r19d I'm not having any empty space show even with the "empty" filter off. Here's an example of an older version of RealUI vs. the new version http://imgur.com/a/v5UOJ

Thanks for the hard work on this UI. It's the best UI available.

Last edited by KonigTX : 02-23-17 at 03:01 PM.
02-24-17, 07:48 PM   #2
Grymffin
A Murloc Raider
I'm in the same boat. I loved the way RealUI looked before these updates. The sleek black UI was nice and smooth. Now the biggest beef I have with the new toolbar is the colorized background. It just looks awful and is distracting. Also the font sizes have changed and not for the better. There is no need for huge window labels in the toolbar popups. We already know what we're looking at. Let us see the actual content of those popups instead - the font size of those is just tiny compared to what it used to be.

I like that we can now configure the toolbar, but please make it look good.

Edit: Found out that the colored stuff are watched progress bars, and they can be turned off in UI options. Still haven't found where I can adjust the font for the toolbar. It's too huge and looks ugly, especially since the modules in the toolbar aren't getting enough breathing room.

Last edited by Grymffin : 02-24-17 at 11:59 PM.
02-25-17, 11:24 PM   #3
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
The font for the infobar blocks can be set by changing the normal font in the skins section.

02-26-17, 06:37 PM   #4
nikipally
A Defias Bandit
you can set the font but not the tooltip font, which i think is what he is asking blocks=standard tooltip font I have no idea but I don't like not having the ability to change it. thanks.

also would be nice if we could move blocks if different spots

also skada shows up as "n/a" not sure how to fix that.

Last edited by nikipally : 02-26-17 at 06:41 PM.
02-27-17, 03:09 AM   #5
Perforex
Originally Posted by nikipally View Post
you can set the font but not the tooltip font, which i think is what he is asking blocks=standard tooltip font I have no idea but I don't like not having the ability to change it. thanks.

also would be nice if we could move blocks if different spots

also skada shows up as "n/a" not sure how to fix that.

You can move the blocks by typing /realadv then go to infobar and unlock it. That will allow you to rearrange things.
02-27-17, 11:07 AM   #6
Santriani
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Perforex View Post
You can move the blocks by typing /realadv then go to infobar and unlock it. That will allow you to rearrange things.
It's more easy, see the image:

1) Open RealUI menu (bottom left).

2) Untick "Locked" and blocks now are movables. Tick again "Locked" to lock them, obviously.

Originally Posted by nikipally View Post
you can set the font but not the tooltip font...
+1

I tried to change font in blocks.lua (line 12) but when I change it all icons dissapear.

Regards.

Last edited by Santriani : 02-27-17 at 02:13 PM.
02-27-17, 03:34 PM   #7
VerneAsimov
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'd also prefer if it had separate font controls. As it stands, changing the font to the infobar changes a lot of other fonts like menu fonts and the quests pane. For example, pixel looks great on the infobar but is pretty hard to read everything else.

Anyway, I know this is a new feature/re-write. It has potential!

Edit:

You can edit all the fonts/sizes and /reload to check for changes.

Infobar Size: You can manually edit your infobar size by going to AddOns > nibRealUI > infobar > Bar.lua. Change the line "local BAR_HEIGHT = RealUI.ModValue(#)" where # is your preferred height. 16 is the old height.

Infobar Popup Blocks Font Size: There's three parts to this but they're all in the same place. Go to AddOns > nibRealUI > infobar > Blocks.lua. Scroll down a little bit until you see "local headerFont, textFont, iconFont". The lines saying "size = Real.UI.ModValue(#)" modify the sizes of popup blocks' headers, texts, and icons IN ORDER. I chose 10, 9, and 10.

To change the fonts of these blocks, simply edit the line "local header = local font, _, outline = _G.RealUIFont_Normal:GetFont()". Edit the last bit "_G.RealUIFont_Normal:GetFont()" to what you want. For example, PixelSmall would be "local font, _, outline = _G.RealUIFont_PixelSmall:GetFont()". I think this only works with Pixel fonts. People who know lua might find a better solution for all fonts.

Infobar Block Title Font Size: Near the end of Bar.lua, there's "local font = RealUI.db.profile.media.font.standard". Below that is another "size = RealUI.ModValue(#)". Choose a number. I think 8 is closest to the old size.

Infobar Block Title Font Family: No clue. The icons are an actual font but I can't tell if the letters are separate. You can change it using the menus but I want a separate font for it.

Last edited by VerneAsimov : 02-27-17 at 11:46 PM.
03-12-17, 04:34 AM   #8
KonigTX
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by VerneAsimov View Post
Infobar Block Title Font Family: No clue. The icons are an actual font but I can't tell if the letters are separate. You can change it using the menus but I want a separate font for it.
Figured this out. Near the end where you changed the font size, change:

Code:
    local font = RealUI.db.profile.media.font.standard
    blockFont = {
        font = font[4],
        size = RealUI.ModValue(8),
        outline = font[3]
to

Code:
    local font = RealUI.db.profile.media.font.standard
    blockFont = {
        font = _G.RealUIFont_PixelSmall:GetFont(),
        size = RealUI.ModValue(6),
        outline = "OUTLINE"
I chose 6 for my modvalue because that looks closest to what it used to be.

Last edited by KonigTX : 03-12-17 at 04:37 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Feedback on r19d