02-06-07, 02:37 AM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What You Really Like Thread

Lavish praise on features here.

While it may seem odd, these kind of posts can be really useful. It helps me figure out what works well and helps other users learn about cool features they may have missed.
02-06-07, 05:08 AM   #2
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs up HotSpots

I may be jumping the gun here but I love the hotspots that are available on the mazzleui..... they just make using it more simplistic and fun. especially when i have a friend watching and they are always asking "wherer did you get that from i didnt see you click anything"

02-07-07, 03:34 PM   #3
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
Your hud is one of the smoothest huds in the world.
02-07-07, 03:43 PM   #4
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Lethalweapon
Your hud is one of the smoothest huds in the world.
Have you configured the HUD at all yet? Not only is it smooth, but the options easily put it over the top!

As a warrior, I have my target's health set to show as a percentage rather than actual amount. That way I know precisely when the target is approaching 20% health for those lovely Executes!
02-07-07, 08:13 PM   #5
SilverHand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I had my first Mazzlegasm today. Oh God, where to start?

My favorites:

1) For the love of everything Sacred and Good, the Mazzle options menu was amazing. Absolutely amazing. I sincerely wish I could put it into words, so you will have to settle with the best I got. When I started WoW, I ran mod-free for the first 4ish months. I'll admit that I was a complete n00b at WoW, but I was a mod-free n00b. Then I "stumbled" upon Cosmos. My favorite feature of Cosmos was the Khaos panel. You could change anything you needed with just a few mouse clicks. Esc -> Khaos -> Add-on -> Option. Easy, simple, good. I played with a Cosmos-based UI for 8 months. Then I finally broke the addiction and started making my own personal compilation. What was one of my least favorite parts? Remembering all the damned /commands. Oh noez! It's 1/2 of an inch off from where I think it will look better! Let's get to work on that 6 part /command right now! And if I type it in wrong, I may be lucky and it won't have any effect, or it might totally screw me over! Yay!

2) The FAQs lived up to their reputation. Being my first Mazzlegasm, I had absolutely no clue wtf to do after I Mazzified. Every entry in the FAQ made me read the next one faster, since I wanted to try out some new feature I just learned about. The FAQ was more than some answers, to me, it was the Instruction Manual. Suggestion: Rename it, the "Instruction Manual"

3) Mazzifier is a breeze. I'm not 100% sure which I like better, the simplicity of the installation, or the hilarious questions. If math was about +dmg, crit %, and honor, I'd have a PhD!

4) It's a simple, minimal-like UI. It isn't minimalist by any means, yet with a fraction of the space I used to take up, I have oodles of more abilities. It's also interesting how I now have twice the functionality with half the mbs.

5) The HUD is sexy. The only thing that threw me off was the lack of the casting bar in the HUD (former ARCHud/MetaHud user here). It's slightly hard to read the text in the Cast Bar, but that one more than slides. Having a UI that doesn't cause seizures in little children is far more important.

Knowing my history, I probably completely overlooked some awesome XYZ functionality that I'm going to kick myself in the butt for later for not listing it. This UI wins my personal gratitude and recognition for being the most all-inclusive UI i have ever laid my eyes on. If it isn't there, there's got to be one hell of a reason. (My UI is infamous in my guild for being so retardedly encompassing that I forsake precious FPS for functionality. For the fact that I dropped about 20 mbs of deadweight, gained 10 FPS, and only copied over 3 FuBar plug-ins and Necrosis, this UI wins my stamp of complete and utter approval.)
02-07-07, 10:00 PM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks SilverHand. Hmm, that instruction manual thing reminds me of Greatest American Hero.
02-07-07, 10:15 PM   #7
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

1) I love the mazzle ui options + faq menu. Seriously.

Its really *really* nice seeing what all the addons do and giving users a easy way to disable (or enable!) them. When i first had a mazzlegazm i turned off raid addons, but after reading the raid addon descriptions i put them back on. I probably wouldn't of done that with any other UI.

Also, all the questions an awnsers are in a really easy place. No more alt tabbing. THANK GOD.

I love the humor you put into the faq as well. Lol at the sense of direction entry.

2)I'm really mathematical when it comes to replacing gear. For example, if i loose +20 dmg gear, but gain 10 int, how much longer will i be able to go. Thank god for Xcalc.

3) I'm really impressed with baggins. It makes inventory much much easier to use. I'm used to sorting things into labeled bags (ex, quest bag, foodwatermount bag.. etc) but this is much easier.

thank you for all your hard work maz
02-07-07, 10:22 PM   #8
Knightshade64
A Defias Bandit

I still believe Blizzard should hire you to work with thier default UI
The Faq and the fact you dont have to mess with the WTF folder copying or anything is amazing

That and while making it a complete UI and still allowing so many customization options just blows me away. Donation on the way when payday hits, you have out done all UI authors out there Mazzle.
02-08-07, 12:26 PM   #9
Filarun
A Fallenroot Satyr
I was actually also thinking that Blizzard should get you to make a super-nifty version of it that would be an alternate but still builtin UI.

Anyway, let me count the ways I love MazzleUI:

1) Not a resource hog. After using MirageUI (Insomniax) for a good 3 months, at a 20FPS framerate that I was pretty sure had more to do with being in Outland than anything else for the past month, I install Mazzle, and INSTANTLY I'm back to 30FPS. I think it has to do with the wonderful installer that only installs the stuff I actually need, unlike any other UI compilation I've used where I spend the first 5 or 10 hours turning things off.

2) The bottom-heavy UI looks great and keeps the screen extremely clean. I'm not one of those power players you see on some UI screenshots where there's about 1 square inch of actual game showing behind all the bars and stuff. I LOVE how everything is crammed so neatly, efficiently, and best of all, cleanly down near the bottom and sides.

3) There's a great sense of humor sprinkled in the Mazzifier, and I swear, if you remove the MAZZLEGASM trigger when you run it, I will personally hunt you down and stab you, because that's an awesome little feature. I guess this mod is more famous than I thought, because when I did it, someone whispered me right after, saying "Is it finally out of beta?" Keep it, it's a great way to get the word out.

4) I love its customizability that doesn't come at the expense of being overwhelming. Everything on that bottom bar is so modular that you don't have to screw around with the entire UI just to change one thing, and the great part is that I'm looking at some other Mazzle screenshots and I'm thinking "Hey... I want that for my setup!"

5) Your HUD is the only one that I've used (including the vaunted Drathal's HUD) that I haven't felt was way too big for its britches.

While I've had a couple gripes (took me a long while to figure out how to change key bindings, for instance), overall this UI is by far the best UI I've ever used. Gives me a great amount of information without making me feel like an uber-nerd or overwhelming me with it, keeps everything nice and clean, and keeps my computer from buckling under the pressure.

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome! I look forward to using Mazzle forever and ever!
02-08-07, 01:04 PM   #10
Chynah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have been following the release thread for months, and the wait was TOTALLY worth it!

I agree with Filarun, all my addons from before made my FPS ssssllllllooooooowwwww - MazzleUI has allowed me to actually enjoy going to the major cities!

Clean, efficient, easy to see my screen, and even rearranging/adding the buttons was a snap! (Bongos = easier to use than Trinity).

My favorite thing about the UI is the help menu - it explains so much without having to head to the forums in the middle of the game if I need to tweak something just a little bit!

Thank you so much - awesome AWESOME work!
02-08-07, 04:00 PM   #11
Gemminie
A Fallenroot Satyr

Just a few things I like about MazzleUI:

Humor!

"Greetings!" says Mazzlefizz, waving, as the Mazzifier pops up. Amusing directions, and then she casts her spell ... and then you have to push her button to continue; no innuendo there! /moan /cheer /dance, Mazzlegasm!

Little waving Mazzlefizz on the corner of the config window!

Wonderful FAQ text! "Oh, and you are odd."

Little 3D models that occasionally /wave, /rude, /roar, /laugh, etc.!

Space!

Always one of my biggest problems -- each addon means something else that takes up screen space and covers up more of the game. What's more, my computer's wasting all this time rendering stuff that I can't see anyway.

MazzleUI has 2 kinds of interface elements:

1. The stuff that's packed at the bottom of the screen

2. Stuff that's hideable

and WoW doesn't bother to draw that stuff at the bottom that's covered up.

All the best!

MazzleUI's got a lot of mods packaged with it that are the top of their field.

Cartographer is the best mapping addon I've ever seen -- it handles resource nodes better than CT_MapMod, and it can track questgivers, vendors, chests, and even fishing spots, and any of these things can be set as a waypoint that shows you right on screen where to go with a 3D arrow.

Baggins is awesome for handling your inventory, organizing things into categories and sorting them by quality. Imagine the time I've saved at vendors because "Trash" is always lined up in the same place! Sometimes it gets a little confused by herb/enchanting/engineering/mining bags, but not enough to detract from its usefulness.

FuBar is just an awesome architecture for lots of little addons, providing a unified interface to all of them. They all work the same way! And it hides itself when you don't want it around.

ItemRack is an extremely flexible gear handler, letting you define gear sets for different situations and responding to events by auto-switching your gear for you. I was using Outfitter, which can optimize automatically for maximizing a stat, a resistance, spell damage/healing, etc. I'm not sure ItemRack can do that; I think it makes you set it up yourself. But Outfitter has its problems; it doesn't deal well with gear in engineering bags, for instance.

Bongos is a great toolbar mod, letting you break your toolbars into lots of little pieces and define keys for them by actually pointing at the buttons instead of going through menus. I was using Bartender3, which is really good, but I think Bongos is better.

Surprises!

The first time somebody pinged my map and I saw an actual arrow showing me what direction that was in, I thought, "WHY did nobody think of that before?" Well OK, actually, first I thought, "WHOA what the heck is that arrow?" Then it dawned on me.

I kept hearing the "level up" sound because I kept getting records on all my abilities, until finally that tapered off. But then I looked at my stats -- it is so nice to have that information! Now I know when I'm doing more damage, and when I only think I am.

Anyway, I'm sure there are things in MazzleUI that I haven't even discovered yet. Wonders yet to behold! Great work, Mazzle!
02-08-07, 06:44 PM   #12
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks, Gem. Just wanted to note that some of those things you listed are because of add-ons I have nothing to do with other than also appreciating them (and maybe configuring them and giving them a hotspot ). I'm sure Gello, ckknight, Mr. Baggins, and the authors some of those other parts also appreciate your sentiments.
02-09-07, 01:31 PM   #13
depotstu
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Mazz...I am hooked...and I have only used it for a couple hours. I can't stop playing with the hot spots. I have used tons of different mods and UI packs in the past...pretty much, I would switch anytime a patch broke something I was using...I am sure you know how often that was. I think I will be sticking with yours until you abandon it. I am still getting used to everything, but so far I think what I like the best is the view, I can actually see. Before I had so much stuff on the screen something was always hidden, this is great. The placement of all the artwork really shows how much thought you put into everything. Your 3D models are tons of fun as well. The options and FAQ screens are very useful and easy to navigate. Since I was already familiar with most of the addons you chose it took almost no time at all to get back to playing. I have never had such an easy time setting up a UI pack...your all inclusive setup program is a masterpiece. Thank you for not charging for such a fantastic compilation...I think I will make a donation on payday to thank you for your time and effort.
-Stu
02-09-07, 01:59 PM   #14
Tempestas
A Murloc Raider
What I liked

Reminders for buffs and casting them with the mouse wheel (Not yours, but thanks for including it)

The overall look of the UI. It is very clean while still giving me TONS of fun addons.

Finding new things like dieing and having an arrow point to my corpse and tell me how far it is.

The setup routine was amazing even if I am not a fan of the mazzlegasm yell.

GarbageFu or whatever it is had stopped working in my UI. I try to string many quests together and find my bags full frequently. I am also a dumb____ and will enter instances without clearing my bags first. Being able to quickly drop the trash that will sell for the least is huge and I am so happy to have it back.

Hotspots - how innovative. Have not seen that in any other addon.

Excellent work!! (In spite of the detestable gnome theme) Just from the time I have spent on my previous UI and writing programs for work, I have an idea of the obscene amount of time you have spent to not only make things play nicely, but play nicely in multiple displays. Then the install, FAQ and unified Options...WOW. Thank you for the time you spent.
02-09-07, 03:46 PM   #15
Gemminie
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Thanks, Gem. Just wanted to note that some of those things you listed are because of add-ons I have nothing to do with other than also appreciating them (and maybe configuring them and giving them a hotspot ). I'm sure Gello, ckknight, Mr. Baggins, and the authors some of those other parts also appreciate your sentiments.
Indeed. The authors of Baggins, Cartographer, FuBar, ItemRack and many others are quite deserving of praise! I've been putting a lot of work into my GemSay addon and can really appreciate the effort required. I was using Baggins, Cartographer and FuBar before, actually (although I was using FuBar because I saw it in the pre-2.0 MazzleUI and liked it). What I meant to say, though, was thanks for having good taste and including them, Mazzle!
02-09-07, 06:55 PM   #16
Alaerio
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
uhhh what gem said :P

i love MazzleUI I'd been waiting for this for sometime, as i fell in love with 0.75 the short time i got to use it, i really love the hotspots, the context menus, and the overall presentation, the space usage is perfect the 3d models very nice, the pliable configuration / ease of said configuration, the faq is a great read even if you don't have questions :P

any rate, great job mazzle, I think the hotspots are one of my favorite pieces of the whole thing, and like gem said i'm always finding new cool things included that i didn't know about
Andrewicus - 60 Human Priest - Nazjatar
Belgarath - 60 Human Mage - Nazjatar
Ördög - 30ish Blood Elf Paladin - Exodar
Nainen - 20ish Blood Elf Priest - Exodar
02-09-07, 09:08 PM   #17
Tissa
A Murloc Raider
Mazzle,

Thank you for busting your ass to put out this amazing mod. I am not normally one that stays with one mod very long. I got to use it before the hell patch and I fell in love with everything. From the Mazzlegasms to how you lay out your buttons. I love the I am a rogue POOF rogue settings, Im a mage poof here you go... I think that is what has made your mod THE mod for me. I always hate going in and setting stuff up and thanks to yours and the beta testers hard work I dont have to.

I recomend this mod to everyone that I know for a very simple reason. It is a no brainer to set up. Read the questions and answer them honestly and POOF mod installed a min or two later your moaning and danceing and ready to start rocking in the world.

Pardon the typos... I am the queen of them...

Just one question... is you a him or is you a her?
02-10-07, 02:37 AM   #18
jamesy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I would just like to say what a unbelievable job you've done Maz.
I've been using mods since WoW was released and have used most from Flexbar through to Discord and have developed a good understanding of which mods are worth the effort and actually improve/enhance WoW. Youv'e included the creme de la creme of mods, the oscar winners in there field and compiled them into a interface that an idiot cannot fail to get right. Kudos to you!!!
02-10-07, 05:52 PM   #19
Laurana
A Murloc Raider
What do I like? Let me count the ways I love Mazzle:

1) The ease of dropping the Mazzle Interface and Fonts folder into WoW, without needing to worry about having to rename WTF folders or whatnot.

2) The installation (Mazzification if you will) is flawless - kind of reminded me of character creation for the Ultima series. The questions were funny and I took the time to read everything thoroughly - unlike most installations.

3) When installed on your first character, each alt's installation is much quicker. Plus, after playing around with my main's setup for a bit, I found that my next Mazzification was relatively painless as I knew what to expect.

4) Uniformity on each character. Using my old setup (which consisted of nearly 150 mods) I would have to individually setup each one and never really got a uniform look across the board. This compilation does that in spades.

5) Speaking of looks - Mazzle is sexy! Yes, the gnome too (I do go for the short, cute types) but I'm referring more to the UI. Most UIs screenshots don't do them justice. This one sold me when I clicked on the first screenie and made me want it - in a consensual way of course!

6) The choices of mods to include is without peer. Not commenting on the individual mods, though I do appreciate FuBar over Titan (old Titan user here) and whatnot, but I do like the different mods Mazzle chose to include. I'm sure tons didn't make the mark, some turned down Mazzle's advances, and even more eventually got booted when they weren't updated by the authors. Thus, I'm glad Mazzle took the time to test each one out.

7) The FAQ is more impressive than anything I've ever seen before. It has more details than a Microsoft MCSE manual, contains Mazzle's humor, and is an easy read.

Overall, this is a great compilation! I love it!
02-10-07, 06:32 PM   #20
Rastwo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What do I like most?

The little female gnome saying "Greetings!" when you first log on with Mazzle UI or Mazzify. She's one fieisty firecracker. In fact, if it was up to me, she would say "Greetings!" every time I logged on.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » What You Really Like Thread