03-07-07, 06:28 PM   #1
Bella
A Defias Bandit
Parent's Parent is UIParent

I'm having a little difficulty accessing some frames. I know that the frame's I want to change parent's parent is UIParent. However, when I change something via UIParent, the frames don't inherit what I'm changing. Is this because frames don't inherit twice? If so, how would I get the frames that are children of the UIParent, in order to modify them and have it inherit to the children. Or is this because the frames I am trying to change already have settings that are overriding what I'm trying to change? In which case, will I need to add code for every frame I want to change?

If that didn't make any sense, sorry. It seems a little cryptic, haha.

Thanks
Bella
03-07-07, 07:31 PM   #2
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
What properties are you trying to change?

Only certain frame properties affect a frame's children as well.
03-08-07, 05:09 PM   #3
Bella
A Defias Bandit
Basically just Show, Hide, and SetAlpha. From what I have read, setalpha should work for child frames except for those that have specifically been set to something other than 1. Or is it that if they have been set within the child frame (even to 1?) it overrides anything it might inherit from the parent?
03-09-07, 01:13 PM   #4
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
I have never used :SetAlpha() myself, so I can't speak to specifics of its functionality. Perhaps you should do some tests to confirm exactly how it functions.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Parent's Parent is UIParent