04-12-07, 03:07 PM   #1
Triseult
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
2.0 update?

Hi,

I LOVE MazzleUI. Thanks so much to Mazzlefizz for taking the time to create such an awe-inspiring package. It rocks.

I was wondering if/when new updates are planned? Especially, I'd love to see the BE Mana Tap/Arcane Torrent buttons make it on the bar by default. (I can bind it myself, but as I am levelling, it's a bit annoying to re-bind every time. ) But mostly, I'd love to see MazzleUI continue to expand and grow.
04-13-07, 06:00 AM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My interest has indeed waned for a variety of reasons (general attitude of the WoW community, the ridiculous Mazzlegasm b.s., the lack of donations, the loss of Tigerheart.) On multiple levels, doing this has turned out far less rewarding than I expected it to be. I definitely understand why most authors eventually disappear.

That said, I am still putting time into it and hope to release a new version. I have not yet abandoned the project.
04-13-07, 10:52 AM   #3
Gemminie
A Fallenroot Satyr

There are lots of people who are very happy with MazzleUI -- I'm one of them. We <3 you, Mazzle! You are an inspiration to Gnomes and non-Gnomes alike!
04-13-07, 02:49 PM   #4
KeitaYsera
A Defias Bandit

Tons of work

Well, I am a programmer too, and although I haven't started a mod proeject of my own I now what a hard work is to develop a piece of software. I just wanted U to know that I give great value to what U have done and that I know that many months of your life were given to produce such a nice, clean and user friendly UI.

I hope u find the strength to continue your work, and that a few comments from a few of the ones that like your UI will give u back then joice of workink on your project.
04-14-07, 12:05 PM   #5
Triseult
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
My interest has indeed waned for a variety of reasons (general attitude of the WoW community, the ridiculous Mazzlegasm b.s., the lack of donations, the loss of Tigerheart.) On multiple levels, doing this has turned out far less rewarding than I expected it to be. I definitely understand why most authors eventually disappear.

That said, I am still putting time into it and hope to release a new version. I have not yet abandoned the project.
As with any creative project, it's always the whiners you hear, and not the people who are simply happy with what you've done... I'm one of them, and I find your work amazing. I've been toying with mods for a while, and yours is simply head and shoulders above the rest.

I understand you might be tired of it all... I can simply hope you'll forge on, because there are many of us who are very happy with your work!
04-14-07, 03:25 PM   #6
Rayyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Triseult
I understand you might be tired of it all... I can simply hope you'll forge on, because there are many of us who are very happy with your work!
QFT!

You really have created an amazing utility.
04-14-07, 05:37 PM   #7
Thernen
A Fallenroot Satyr
I must say that MazzleUI is BY FAR the best UI out there. I have use a lot of them and just LOVE yours! Please keep up the work because I know a lot of people LOVE your work!
04-14-07, 06:01 PM   #8
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

No! Please don't leave us!

I love this UI and it greatly enhances my gameplay. Have several level 70 toons now I enjoy tinkering with UI mods - but Mazzle will always be my base set of mods!
04-14-07, 06:26 PM   #9
Beam
A Defias Bandit
Well this thread is the only reason I ever registered. Please keep working on this outstanding UI. This has made playing alot more enjoyable for me. I am fairly new to the game and I've have been using this UI for about 2 months or so and I love it. I also appreciate the time and effort you have put into it. I would love to see an update, or at least know that you will not stop working on it all together.

THANK YOU for Mazzle UI.
04-14-07, 08:46 PM   #10
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Yes - pls dont leave us in the dark mazzle !!

Even if some of us do not agree in your choice of specific addons doesent mean we dont LOVE the pack

i cannot imagine myself playing wow without the aid of mazzlui....

a TRUELY masterpiece!!!

Smirge
04-16-07, 12:44 AM   #11
ladybadone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Smile

I never used another UI but the blizz one until a couple months ago when my friend said you have to try this. I thought ok I'll give it a go. Damn was i impressed. Over the course of about a week, reading and learning the addons I fixed and trixed and for each char made changes here and there.
As someone else posted, you always hear the whinners and god knows that in online gaming people do nothing but whine about everything and anything. Just ignore them, because you can bet they cant do any of this themselves. Keep on doing what you are doing and know that that are probably 1000s of happy gamers out there using your UI. Dont let the whiners get your down.
04-16-07, 01:00 AM   #12
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Talking UI's and hatred

In the beginning of my wow life i realised that there was no way i could play using the standard UI...... for various reasons. Mainly being that I just didnt have enough information at my fingertips which meant sometimes i was going back and forth just to try and find the price of some stupid item. Well I tried a few things, photek.... CT..... even the dreaded PallyUI..... all of them were lacking in 2 things...... originality, and usefullness.
about 4 months in a friend sent me a screenshot of his UI...... well to be honest I was taken aback...... the UI looked flawless..... brilliant looks.... everything arranged in a really good place..... but most of all it was how much information he had on screen at once WITHOUT losing too much actual game screen.
Needless to say I DL'd that sucker right away..... installed this "MazzleUI" and the next thing i know some pink haired midget is staring me in the face waving her arm like a steam piston. Scared the crap outta me! lol..... so I spent maybe an hour fiddling with settings.... rummaging round in the config..... got most of it set up...... and guess what..... my actual play time doubled..... I could play really well with mazzle...... but alas 4 days later 2.0 friggin comes out...... i was SUPER mad at blizz for breaking what i had only just started using..... thankfully Mazz and Tiger got 2.0 mazzle out fast..... and for that I cant thank them enough..... all it takes is minor updates and tweaks here and there..... im still to use it in a raid... but from what i have seen its gonna be fun..... im taking a 2 month break from wow for personal reasons but the second i get back! WHAM!!!! raid time..... my pally is 60 so its off for some multi fun...... keep up the great work mazzle..... im sure tiger would be proud of your accomplishments to date..... MazzleUI FOR DEFAULT!!!!!

04-16-07, 03:27 AM   #13
technomat
A Kobold Labourer
I have to say that I have used lots of addons and UI and this is by far the easiest to use and install, and everyone who tries it likes it.

Please keep up the work but not to the detriment of your WoWing as lose the fun of playing and you will not feel this project is worth while.

Problem is most people are happy with the addon and don't post and makes you feel un-appreciated, but am sure many like me many love this addon and appreciate your hard work.
04-16-07, 07:52 AM   #14
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

Damn now that i found an awesome UI after 2y of wow!!

Please dont loose interest your doing an awesome work!!
04-17-07, 01:05 AM   #15
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Since the first month of the original world of warcraft launch, I've used the Cosmos UI compilation. At first I didn't think it'd be that great, but I was blown away by all of the incredible features it provided. There were things in that UI that I didn't believe the game was even capable of. I believed the built in census tools, minigames, extra bars, dozens of little minimap buttons, and the fact that the UI could communicate with other people who had the UI as well so you could identify them was just incredible.

I used to tell everyone I could about it and convince them that their lives would forever be better if they used the UI as well, to the point that you would've thought I was preaching religion to the heathen non-believers.

And then a few months down the road I realized that I really didn't need all of those features, and that it was all dramatically slowing the game down with the bloat as time went on and more things were added. Towards a certain point it got so bad that I literally swore off of using compilations built by other people, and went in search of individual mods that I could swap in and out to my hearts content.

Unfortunately I became a little obsessive compulsive about it, and often found myself spending more time finding and configuring new mods than I did actually playing the game. I remember times when after nearly every patch I would spend the entire day, sometimes even multiple days browsing websites like curse-gaming looking for updated versions of the mods I use, new mods to try, and then configuring them all before I was ready to play the actual game. Then I would spend the next week or so checking back for updates to mods I hadn't found yet.

It got a little easier nearly a year later when I started using Mondingas Gypsy Mod. This not only took care of the hotbars, unit frame, and buff frame in one small and efficient package, but it also introduced me to the minimalistic approach and convinced me that I didn't need 130 individual mods to get the job done.

I was pretty satisfied with Gypsy and around a dozen individual mods until I happened across the original MazzleUI thread on the official forums. I was instantly captured by the screenshot I had seen of it in action. At first I was a little wary of trying it since I no longer wanted anything to do with big and complicated compilations, but I couldn't get it out of my head. I quietly watched it for well over a year hoping that it would be released soon. Mostly I believed that I would try it out for a few minutes as I did the Insomniax compilation, (which wasn't easy for me, as I've been a fan of Insomniax mods ever since the original Starsiege Tribes game back in the late 90's) and then dismiss it as nice, but bloated and full of things I didn't need.

Unfortunately for me though, I was surprised to see an actual public release posted on the wowinterface.com thread dedicated to it. I immediately downloaded it, installed, and was impressed with the mazzifier. At first I was a little overwhelmed by it all, and wasn't sure if this was the right UI for me after all, but it quickly grew on me. I realized that unlike the previous compilations I had tried, this one was built with speed, efficiency, and elegance in mind. Although MazzleUI comes with over 150 mods I realized that none of them were really frivolous and that they all played a beneficial role to different classes and types of players.

Not only that, but I was very impressed to see that they could all easily be disabled depending on what style of player you are, and what class you play. Plus they could be disabled or enabled easily on the fly from inside the game without even having to log out and mess around with the files.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say in this book I'm writing here is that you shouldn't allow the whiners to get you down Mazzle. One look at the official forums will tell you that this game is full of ignorant crybabies who can easily drown out the people who really do appreciate what's being done. In this day and age it's far too easy for people to hide behind their anonymity to fire off insults and let garbage spew out of their mouths that they wouldn't even dream of publicly saying in real life. This will all change though when I complete my invention that allows you to reach through the monitor, and slap the person on the other side. One of these days...

If you decide to cease development on this project I couldn't really say I would blame you. Since the first day I had a computer of my own I've always been curious, which has led me to gaining experience in software engineering, light scripting, website development, hardware troubleshooting, 3D modeling, Graphic design, server administration, etc. What I'm trying to say is that I understand what it's like to invest countless hours into a project with little to no rewards other than personal satisfaction. It isn't always easy, and wanting to give it up to move on to other ambitions or even try out that thing they call "real life" is understandable.

Just make sure you do it for personal reasons, like wanting more free time for yourself, pursuing other goals, lack of continual interest, etc. Rather than just because a few people who are barely competent enough to operate a keyboard, let alone being able to comprehend what it takes to complete something like this, choose to lash out their own self angst and ineptitude on an internet forum.

Trust me, for every socially defective person who downloads this UI and chooses to prove their ignorance to the entire world, there are 10 more like me who silently enjoy the work you do, even though we should voice our appreciation a little more often.

04-17-07, 06:14 AM   #16
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You are quite well-spoken, Haze. Thank you for all the nice words and a thanks to everyone else who posted as well. I do know they naysayers are a fairly small group; I didn't mean to bring so much attention to them again. I just wanted to be complete in my list. The main issue I have is that I find few positive things to motivate me to work on things lately.

That said, everyone's positive posts are among the things that still do. Thanks for them. And a special thanks to the people who have been responsible for the occasional donation. I really appreciate those b/c it's a personal sacrifice and completely voluntary. They make me want to put in a similar voluntary contribution of time.

Anyway, I have not stopped the project. I do occasionally work on it, and I want to get an updated version out at some point soon. I just need a couple more motivated work spurts, so to speak.
04-17-07, 09:45 AM   #17
bendistraw
A Murloc Raider
Talking How can I help?

You are quite well-spoken, Haze. Thank you for all the nice words and a thanks to everyone else who posted as well. I do know they naysayers are a fairly small group; I didn't mean to bring so much attention to them again. I just wanted to be complete in my list. The main issue I have is that I find few positive things to motivate me to work on things lately.

That said, everyone's positive posts are among the things that still do. Thanks for them. And a special thanks to the people who have been responsible for the occasional donation. I really appreciate those b/c it's a personal sacrifice and completely voluntary. They make me want to put in a similar voluntary contribution of time.

Anyway, I have not stopped the project. I do occasionally work on it, and I want to get an updated version out at some point soon. I just need a couple more motivated work spurts, so to speak.

How can I help? I can't program but let me (and others) know where to make donations. I enjoy WoW so much more now that I use your UI. Thank you. I tell everyone about it and I believe it deserves recognition.

Thanks thanks thanks!
04-17-07, 10:37 AM   #18
rhylin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've been playing World of Warcraft since the original beta. Like another poster, I started off with Cosmos, because at the time, there wasn't anything else. It added extra bars for more spells, as well as other features, which at this point in time I can't even remember. Cosmos was the greatest thing since sliced bread. As time wore on though, it became bigger and bulkier and eventually left me unable to play. A sad day indeed.

Shortly there after, Bliz added the extra bars in themselves. I used nothing but the standard bliz UI for the longest time before I realized there were entire websites and databases devoted to nothing but addons.

Another sad day... I ended up with over 250 mods, once again slowing my gameplay down. I was using over 120mb of memory just for my addons. In raids, I couldn't see anything but the health bars of my raid members. Who wants to play like that?

About 3 months ago, a guild mate said something in passing about a new UI, MazzleUI, and no one really had heard of it. Nothing was spoken of it again.

In mid-february, I just so happened to be looking around different sites for mods and saw a post on the mainpage of this very website about Mazzle. I hit the link and was BLOWN AWAY at the beauty and simplicity of this mod. I started reading all the information I could about it. I looked around the web at all the addons you had compiled and was taken aback at the sheer amount of creamy goodness you instilled in the mod. I quickly downloaded it and havn't looked back since.

Almost everyday, I find a new feature with the mod and learn to do something else, or how to move something, or adjust it. I stopped searching for other mods because your compilation has everything I could have wanted, and then some. I've also not even looked at updating any of the mods you've got in it because well... why fix something if it ain't broken?

Thank you Mazzle.

Your mod has changed my wow-life.

The day you stop supporting this mod will be a day I die a little inside.

Rhy_ of Zul'Jin

Last edited by rhylin : 04-17-07 at 11:01 AM.
04-17-07, 11:40 AM   #19
stoend
A Kobold Labourer
Mazz[le|y|ify],

I am a born lurker. Coming out of the shadows into the view of others hurts my tender eyesight. This is a great project. It's attention to detail is without par among other UI compilations. You have put forth a lot of work, and this lurker checks up daily for your status.

If you lose heart, find someone to hand it off to. This is an amazing project.

Please enlarge the size of your donation link as it hardly stands out.

--
stoend
04-17-07, 11:49 AM   #20
tweetor
A Murloc Raider

Hey Mazzle,

funny story from my side as well.

I am playing WoW together with my girlfriend and I often give her new mods to try out. She was overwhelmed when she saw MazzleUI running on my PC and wanted to have that straight away as well!

But unfortunately, since my PC is a bit better equipped than her notebook, it didn't run properly on her machine. She's also running a weird widescreen resolution.

Anyways. She is about to buy a new PC - just to play WoW with your amazing UI!

Keep up the good work - even if it's only from time to time or to make it work with a new patch.

Kind regards,
Tweetor

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 2.0 update?