10-13-10, 01:25 PM   #1
phagan
A Kobold Labourer
People should be fired

How is it possible that this new patch can come out and the people at Carbonite do nothing to address it? Are they all drunk? Did they decide to just quit and not tell anyone? Why is there no info out there about this?
No wonder this is a donation only addon. Charge some money and run the organization like a business!!! They have something so powerful I won't play WOW with out it, and they are clueless to the fact that people might be interested to know what the heck is going on, what a bunch of morons

10-13-10, 01:30 PM   #2
Lazarys
A Defias Bandit
Seriously?!?! wow dude, chill out

10-13-10, 01:34 PM   #3
ultimateawesome
A Kobold Labourer
Phagan,
Carbonite used to charge money for their add-on until Blizzard prevented addon writers from doing so. Carbonite is no longer permitted to raise money either through in-game advertising or charging for the add-on. The only option is to receive donations.

This add-on has been provided to the community, to players like yourself for FREE, from which you have benefited greatly (by your own admission) so please show a little respect for the people who donate hundreds if not thousands of hours of their lives to software we all use daily.

I'm sure that IF the Carbonite developers are planning to release a 4.x version of their add-on, something that they do not have any obligation to do whatsoever for any reason, then they are facing a mountain of technical challenges that cannot simply be solved overnight.

Instead of whining and moaning about whether or not the add-on has been updated, try running the game with the old add-on and start collecting bugs and useful information that could help development of a 4.x version to occur sooner.

10-13-10, 01:35 PM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by phagan View Post
How is it possible that this new patch can come out and the people at Carbonite do nothing to address it? Are they all drunk? Did they decide to just quit and not tell anyone? Why is there no info out there about this?
No wonder this is a donation only addon. Charge some money and run the organization like a business!!! They have something so powerful I won't play WOW with out it, and they are clueless to the fact that people might be interested to know what the heck is going on, what a bunch of morons
1. Carbonite is not a business. It's a couple of guys that created an addon.

2. Under Blizzard's rules, they cannot charge for access to the full version of the addon.

3. If you refuse to play without Carbonite then good riddance. The World of Warcraft has enough Trolls, thank you very much.

4. If you're wondering what a moron really looks like, take a swift glance at the nearest mirror. This may give you a good idea.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-13-10, 01:42 PM   #5
Mossclaw
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
<snip>

4. If you're wondering what a moron really looks like, take a swift glance at the nearest mirror. This may give you a good idea.
Thank you voodoodad! I was about to post the same list. :D

10-13-10, 01:49 PM   #6
cmwalkerb
A Defias Bandit
Your an Idiot i agree with all the others that commented about you.. You should really read the TOS agreement that you carelessly click on when you go into the game. I hope that you do stop playing we would all be better off without you in the game.

10-13-10, 01:50 PM   #7
Volsfan
A Defias Bandit
Do you work for free? It also may behoove you to make sure that you have a solid foundation before ranting off into oblivion.

Just a suggestion…..

10-13-10, 02:24 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
what a bunch of morons
This thread is getting a bit out of hand. Remember guys, WoWInterface has posting rules.

10-13-10, 02:28 PM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by cmwalkerb View Post
Your an Idiot i agree with all the others that commented about you.. You should really read the TOS agreement that you carelessly click on when you go into the game. I hope that you do stop playing we would all be better off without you in the game.
Practice what you preach there dude.

Holy Site Rules.

1. Post with respect and courtesy. Debate is fine ... so long as when you disagree with someone, you respond in a civilized and constructive manner.

2. No libel. No defamation of character. Don't come here and slam/flame anyone/thing. Don't come here sounding off that Blizz sucks, EQ sucks, mod_author_01 sucks, etc and so on. None of that. You want to post things like that, take it elsewhere, there are enough other boards that cater to that type of thing. This isn't FlameVault. See 1.

10-13-10, 02:30 PM   #10
Lazurindis
A Kobold Labourer
Right on!

You should ask for your money back! This will not stand!

Oh, wait, it's a free tool developed by people out of kindness and released to you at no charge whatsoever with the expectation that you reserve no rights for support.

Weird.

I guess you should just shut up then.

10-13-10, 02:47 PM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Unacceptable.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » People should be fired