12-07-20, 02:40 PM   #1
Angelol
A Murloc Raider
[Solved] Disable Combat lock

//Solved, see post below

Heyho,

is there any way to disable to combat lock?

i. e. if I want to open LFG / Quest log / etc. via UI (not hotkeys), I'm getting the "Ui Combat lockdown" message.
Is there any way to disable combat lock?

At least I didnt find an option for it - somebody knows where the line in *.lua is, so I can just exclude it?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Angelol : 12-16-20 at 11:26 AM.
12-15-20, 10:35 AM   #2
Lukas 45
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Angelol View Post
Heyho,

is there any way to disable to combat lock?

i. e. if I want to open LFG / Quest log / etc. via UI (not hotkeys), I'm getting the "Ui Combat lockdown" message.
Is there any way to disable combat lock?

At least I didnt find an option for it - somebody knows where the line in *.lua is, so I can just exclude it?

Thank you very much!
That would not be a thing. RealUI creates custom buttons to open certain interface windows. Those functions are protected and locked by Blizzard when in combat, and there's no way around that.

What you can do though, is re-enable the Menu bar from Bartender, maybe have it only show on mouseover in some corner. That's still Blizzards own bar, and is therefor not blocked while in combat.
12-16-20, 11:26 AM   #3
Angelol
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Lukas 45 View Post
That would not be a thing. RealUI creates custom buttons to open certain interface windows. Those functions are protected and locked by Blizzard when in combat, and there's no way around that.

What you can do though, is re-enable the Menu bar from Bartender, maybe have it only show on mouseover in some corner. That's still Blizzards own bar, and is therefor not blocked while in combat.
Thank you for your answer, but you are wrong.
I just solved this annoying issued :P

Whoever wants this UI Combat Lock thing to be disabled, just comment/remove the following the lines:
Modules\DragEmAll.lua

Line 267
Line 268
Line 269

Line 364
Line 365
Line 366

Line 370
12-16-20, 02:18 PM   #4
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, Lukas 45 is correct. Those combat locks are there for a reason. I'm sure things seem to work just fine while you're whacking a training dummy, but you will run into issues later. When you do, don't be surprised when nothing happens after reporting problems or errors here.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » [Q] Disable Combat lock