10-20-11, 07:31 PM   #1
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
Help with new Equipments

Is there an addon that as soon as you equip something it will allow you to save it to any or all sets a bit more seemlessly then the default.

Example: You equip a ring you just looted. A pop up window showing the icons of your equipment sets with a check box appears. You check the sets you want to update and then save button, or there might be a "new" option to immediately make a new set.

Another example might be a "Save Current" button on your character sheet for on the go dungeon crawling.

I'm just looking for something that might not take so many steps. Something a bit more prompting, rather then finally switch specs and being reminded that I haven't updated sets in a while.

Last edited by Tadedra : 10-20-11 at 07:35 PM.
10-20-11, 08:07 PM   #2
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Broker Equipment allows you to just Shift + Click the icon to update the current set, in addition to a bunch of other features: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Equipment.html

If you've never used a Data Broker addon before, you'll need a Data Broker Display. I personally like Bazooka: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...7-Bazooka.html
but there are tons of different ones you can choose from if you want something else.
10-21-11, 08:38 AM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

You can try EquipSetUpdater by Tekkub - it adds a button to the Equipment Manager that says "Update". Change your gear around, select the set name, click "Update", voila.
10-23-11, 03:41 AM   #4
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
Thank you for your help. I actually downloaded both. Going to give them a run through for a while and see which is actually more fluid for me.

I was hoping for something that didn't require going through the equipment manager or something that needed me to be wearing the entire set to just update the one piece I just received. For instance as a resto/enhancement shammy a ring drops. I'm in my resto gear quick update, but my enhancement gear can't be updated till I'm out of whatever dungeon I'm in.

What would be more ideal is something that would have a pop up.
You have just equipped ring A with Ring B. Would you like this for all Item Sets or [name of item set here]?

If I click yes, my Resto and Enhancement sets would both be updated, but if it was a shield which I could only use on my Resto Set I would click that so it wouldn't mess up my Enhancement set.

Well, I'll keep looking. But thanks again for your help.
10-23-11, 11:03 AM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I have _never_ seen any addon that does what you're looking for.

It may be possible if you're not using the built-in EM, but I'm not familiar with any way to do this with the built-in one. :/

Sounds like a cool idea, though. :>
10-24-11, 01:43 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

It's an interesting idea. Detecting when you equip an item is easy, as is identifying which sets contained the item you replaced. The main problem is that you can't update a set without equipping it first, so for each set that needed to be updated, the addon would need to first equip the set, then pickup the new item onto the cursor, then equip the item from the cursor, and finally save the set.

As far as I know, none of those actions require a hardware event (out of combat, at least), but you'd need to also write code to detect when each step of the process completed so the next one could be done.

Also, how would you want to handle multiple item changes? Let's say you replace your cloak and your belt at the same time. Set A and Set B contained your old cloak. Set B and Set C contained your old belt. You want to update Set A with the new cloak and Set C with the new belt, but you want to keep the old cloak in Set B and only update it with the new belt.

At this point you're looking at either a pretty complicated UI and internal data structures to handle this, or you're taking 5 minutes to update all your sets once per changed item (so you'd equip and update Set B two separate times in the above example).
10-25-11, 08:30 PM   #7
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
Thanks for pointing all that out. Honestly, I wanted to keep it simple, you would either update all or update current. I figure if you wanted to be that specific then it's something you should be taking the extra steps for. It just bugs me for things that I know I will be using for all sets.
10-26-11, 12:31 AM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Well, if you know you're not going to use the old item for any sets, you can vendor it or put it in your bank. Then you can easily see which sets are missing items, and update them accordingly. If you have the new item equipped, then you can just equip the rest of the set and update it with quickly with one of the addons mentioned earlier in the thread, since the EM will just ignore the slot with the "missing" item.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Help with new Equipments