07-21-07, 11:36 PM   #1
Jayhawk
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Enslaved Demon skills?

Someone asked me if I could have PetInfoFu gather a little database of skills belonging to the demon mobs that a warlock enslaves. I sent my little warlock out to tame one of the little Satyr in Xavian and...while the demon's skills show up in the pet bar, the demon is not seen as a apparently pet and it's skills don't show up as in the usual places (like the spell book).

Does anyone have any ideas on whther this idea will be possible at all?
07-22-07, 12:14 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I believe that Enslave Demon works like when a priest mind control's a mob. They become a "minion" but not a pet. I haven't played my lock in a while (and it's been even longer since I enslaved a demon), but you can't do much with them besides use what they give you. Then again, my lock's only 44. I don't think they regen like a pet, they don't get stat bonuses like pets, ... It's mainly a form of crowd control or entertainment, imo.

Someone *could* compile a database of what skills each demon has (unless there's some API for finding that out)... IMO, it doesn't have much of a use to it. Hunter's actually learn the skills that other beasts know so that they can teach it to other pets. There's no benefit to knowing that for demons to my knowledge. How would PetInfoFu display it, anyhow?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-22-07, 01:17 AM   #3
Minou
A Fallenroot Satyr
Someone began a very nice Encyclopedia on Wowmb.net (my preferred Warlock reference site) concerning enslaved demons.
Have a look here:
http://www.wowmb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12177
07-22-07, 03:14 AM   #4
Jayhawk
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I was beginning to get that idea.

As for how to display, I'm not quite sure. I thought, I'd cross that bridge once I figure out if it can be done. The only thing PIF shows right now it's the demon's "name", say "Maiden of Pain".

As for the usefulness... I guess it makes sense for some to know, if I enslave X I can use Y on the mobs.

Minou, thanks for the link!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Enslaved Demon skills?