10-22-05, 08:46 AM   #1
Deja_
A Murloc Raider
Discord Action Bars Troubles

I recently started using Discord Action Bars, they worked fine for awhile but during the customization I started get repeated error boxes. The most I can read of it is it leads to the file DAB_Bar.lua and it starts acting very strange. I deleted my interface folder and downloaded the most current DAB, I unzipped it, and tried it out, same thing. Biggest problem being Discords website is currently down, and I can find no help on the matter. I'm pretty desperate and if anyone knows what I may do to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.
10-22-05, 09:22 AM   #2
Genghiz Cohen
An Aku'mai Servant

Premium Member
That's odd. I'm also using the latest DAB (downloaded from here) and have no issues with it. Are you using any other mods? If so, which ones - maybe there's a problem with compability with something else you have installed.
10-22-05, 09:32 AM   #3
Deja_
A Murloc Raider
Well, ive tried it a few different times now. I tried it with no other mods installed and it had the same problem =/
10-22-05, 09:38 AM   #4
Novbre
A Murloc Raider
I had that same issue when I installed DAB into a ui that was running the CT with the new bottom bar. Even uninstalling evrything and just loading DAB gave me the same error. So I deleted my entire interface folder and my layoutcache file, Logged in with ONLY the default ui, then logged out and started adding addons one at a time. DAB didnt' act weird until the CT_Bottom bar had been installed. Not sure if you had CT or not, but might be worth it to log in with the default ui, then log out and start over.

Nov
10-22-05, 10:03 AM   #5
Deja_
A Murloc Raider
Hmm, I finally got it past the error point and it loads all the bars, except when I click on any button it gives me another error, I really have no idea whats going on, I have no other mods except for Discord Action Bars and Discord Library :/ Thanks for the tips so far guy's
10-22-05, 10:14 AM   #6
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Sound like to me you're using an old version. When you click on an item does it error, highlight and do nothing?

This happened with the Pre-1.8 Discord. If this is your problem, you're definatly running an old version. Make sure you have at the LEAST 2.6 (I think 2.6a is the latest).
10-22-05, 10:38 AM   #7
Deja_
A Murloc Raider
yeah it does exactly that, im using 2.36, which is the most current version I have found on several different websites.
10-22-05, 12:35 PM   #8
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
oh yeah, there is a .3 in there. 2.36 (a per his website) is the latest version. Not sure why you're getting all the error though. Try this.

Goto your WoW directory and look for these files:
WTF\Account\<your acc name\SavedVariables\DiscordActionBars.lua
WTF\Account\<your acc name\SavedVariables\DiscordActionBars.lua.bak

Delete both of them and restart WoW.

This will reset your Discord options. If you don't want to delete your options, rename the files. Upon restart, if you don't get the same error, then it was something buggered up in your UI.

Else ... you SURE you have 2.36? lol

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Discord Action Bars Troubles