10-07-11, 03:44 PM   #1
Virro
A Fallenroot Satyr
Borders

Hey guys.
I´m looking for the best addon out there to make borders on Unitframes, Minimap you name it.
Kgpanels is giving me such a hard time only making borders, I assume its made to make Art-work.
Am i doing something wrong when making borders with Kgpanels, or is there an easier way to do it?
I need to make 1 pixel borders.
10-07-11, 06:49 PM   #2
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think the easiest way would be to just hard code the borders. I have never seen a addon for "just borders". Now that doesn't mean one doesn't exist, I just have never seen.
10-07-11, 06:59 PM   #3
Virro
A Fallenroot Satyr
I´m afraid I havent reached that level yet, i dont know what that means :/
10-07-11, 07:51 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
How is it that you're having troubles with kgPanels?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-07-11, 07:55 PM   #5
Virro
A Fallenroot Satyr
Allright well are 2 things.

1) For some reason it does not really save properly, i can set up everything perfectly, and whenever i relog, the borders are there, but they have shifted to random places.

2) The borders act weird whenever i try to scale them down to one pixel, i´m using the default borders Kgpanels has, maybe its possible to add a border with one pixel? anyway they seem to sometimes "thin" out a little if that makes sense, making them somewhat transparent, and not a pretty 100% black line.
10-07-11, 08:17 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
1. Are you parenting the panels to various addons? If so, then it's likely that the addon hasn't loaded/created its frames yet when kgPanels tries to place them. There is a section in the scripts area for each panel to have other addons load first.

2. You'll need a different texture that is better designed for this. Blizz's textures won't scale down that small very well. There are plenty of texture packs. I suggest Ferous Media Pack for some thinner, cleaner borders.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-07-11, 08:18 PM   #7
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Have you tried !Beautycase ?
10-07-11, 08:58 PM   #8
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Try running this command, I am not sure if it still works but it used to for me, to fix shifted lines.

/run SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)"))
10-07-11, 10:25 PM   #9
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by Nobgul View Post
Try running this command, I am not sure if it still works but it used to for me, to fix shifted lines.

/run SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)"))
Pretty sure they fixed this with Cata, as in, you do not have to do it anymore with AA. I remember reading about it, although I can't for the life of me remember where.
10-08-11, 04:55 AM   #10
Virro
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
1. Are you parenting the panels to various addons? If so, then it's likely that the addon hasn't loaded/created its frames yet when kgPanels tries to place them. There is a section in the scripts area for each panel to have other addons load first.

2. You'll need a different texture that is better designed for this. Blizz's textures won't scale down that small very well. There are plenty of texture packs. I suggest Ferous Media Pack for some thinner, cleaner borders.
I was not aware that i had to parent the panels to my player frame, but I will give that a try! also i will get the pack you talked about, thank you very much!
10-08-11, 07:05 AM   #11
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Virro View Post
Hey guys.
I´m looking for the best addon out there to make borders on Unitframes, Minimap you name it.
Kgpanels is giving me such a hard time only making borders, I assume its made to make Art-work.
Am i doing something wrong when making borders with Kgpanels, or is there an easier way to do it?
I need to make 1 pixel borders.
try !Beautycase.

You can pretty much do anything with this.
10-08-11, 10:16 AM   #12
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You might want to have a look at the kgPanels Wiki also.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Borders