10-04-10, 07:45 AM   #1
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cataclysm release date set in stone. 7th Desember 2010

Taken from mmo-champion and a blue post.

Link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
World of Warcraft(R): Cataclysm(TM) in Stores Starting December 7

IRVINE, Calif., Oct 04, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that World of Warcraft(R): Cataclysm(TM), the highly anticipated third expansion for the world's most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game*, will be released starting on December 7, 2010. The expansion will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows(R) XP/Windows Vista(R)/Windows(R) 7 and Macintosh(R) at a suggested retail price of $39.99 and will also be offered as a digital download from the Blizzard Store. A special Collector's Edition packed with bonus items will be available exclusively in retail stores for a suggested retail price of $79.99.

"Cataclysm includes the best content we've ever created for World of Warcraft. It's not just an expansion, but a re-creation of much of the original Azeroth, complete with epic new high-level adventures for current players and a redesigned leveling experience for those just starting out," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "With the help of our beta testers, we're putting on the final polish, and we look forward to welcoming gamers around the world to enjoy it in just a couple of months."

The first two World of Warcraft expansions, The Burning Crusade(R) and Wrath of the Lich King(R), each shattered PC game sales records upon their release.* In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races — worgen and goblins — will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.

The beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is currently underway. Visit the official Battle.net(R) website at http://www.battle.net to set up a Battle.net account and sign up for a chance to participate. To learn more about World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, visit http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm.

Last edited by sacrife : 10-04-10 at 08:00 AM.
10-04-10, 08:03 AM   #2
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

That crazy Gnome was right!

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
10-04-10, 08:07 AM   #3
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

How have you prepared for cataclysm?
Personally I'm going to start from level 1 as a goblin (signature give-away, obviously :P)

I've gathered every material needed (+ extra) to level Alchemy and Engineering from 1 to 450, with all the quest materials and vendor bought receipts needed.

Also got 18,000g saved up to get every mount needed up to 310.
Got every BOA purchasable for a rogue including the pvp trinket from wintergrasp and some extra blue's/epics I happened to get a long the way.

Oh, almost forgot. Got 20 slot bag for every character and bank slot
And, five 2k honor tokens to get that honor start going.

*Edit*
And most importantly, a UI ready for cataclysm (almost :P).

One might say I'm ready, how bout you?

Last edited by sacrife : 10-04-10 at 08:11 AM.
10-04-10, 08:18 AM   #4
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by sacrife View Post
One might say I'm ready, how bout you?
Not at all. D:

Although, I couldn't wait for Cata to lvl myself a Goblin Warlock, so jumped the gun and went with a UD. Will likely go with Goblin Hunter as soon as I get Cata installed, and do a double race change after they unlock (Hunter to UD, Lock to Goblin).

If I were to completely liquidate all of my assets, I'd probably have somewhere in the ballpark of 10-20K, but I'm a packrat, so likeliness of that happening is nil. I'll likely just blow off my herbs/ores, and maybe half of my enchanting mats for a cool 5-10k.

Only heirlooms I don't have are most of the weapons, the trinkets, and the mail shoulders. I'll just toss in the leather shoulders for the hunter until 80, though.

As for my UI, well, I'm dreading the release of 4.0.1, as most of it will be probably be hosed. >.<

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
10-04-10, 08:29 AM   #5
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
My exams start a couple of days after Cataclysm release

My UI is mostly ready though, just a few minor things which I haven't bothered to fix yet.
10-05-10, 02:03 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
UI .. should be fine .. I use nUI and will be testing the beta version when its available to help get rid of any wrinkles so that the UI I have used for the last few years is still available for me

Addons .. where most of my addons are plugins for nUI there's not much I can do until the beta comes out. A couple of my others are most likely not required with the new built in features offering an alternative solution to a similar problem.

New characters .. Worgen Warrior and just prior to the expansion itself will be recreating my gnome rogue so that I can experience the new gnome starting area.

Priority 85 characters .. Still deciding but choices amongst my current favorites are currently between Paladin Tank, Shaman Healer, Demon Warlock and Shadow Priest. Possibly all 4 at the same time depending on guild missing spots

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 10-05-10 at 02:05 AM.
10-05-10, 07:22 AM   #7
Starinnia
Ninja Code Monkey
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
My exams start a couple of days after Cataclysm release

Same here... the expansions are either released right before exams, or right after the new semester starts. It's like Blizzard wants me to flunk out of college.

My UI is set, I just finished my Holy Power display addon, so my Pally is all set for 4.0
10-05-10, 09:01 AM   #8
Sythalin
Curse staff

Luckily I have online courses and my tests are whenever I schedule them. End of term is conveniently at the end of December. Have motivation to get my A+ certification done by the end of November now so I can "have the holidays off".

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Cataclysm release date set in stone. 7des2010