09-08-17, 09:56 PM   #1
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Can't pull up quest log and other issues

Help, I don't know what I've messed up. Maybe someone can help me figure it out.

L or alt-L isn't pulling up the quest log for me, it does nothing when I press the keys. I can pull up my regular wow quest log but not the carbonite quest log.

Also, when using my Zygor addon, I cannot click quest items in the guide as long as carbonite is enabled. If I disable carbonite, I can click items in the Zygor guide as usual. I've tried to track down what is interfering and I can't figure out the problem.

Any ideas?
09-09-17, 06:25 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The first thing that I'd do is to check if L or alt+L is still bound to Carbonite in the default key binding facility. Then, if it isn't, re-bind them.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-10-17, 03:25 AM   #3
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Hi Jeffy, can you tell me which specific carbonite keybind I need to bind? There doesn't seem to be one specifically listed as being for quests.
09-10-17, 05:00 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You will have to pardon me, but I don't play WoW any more. I have been unable to play for the last year and won't be able to play for the foreseeable future. My computer had a meltdown, and all I have is a tablet with an Android operating system. I'm planning on replacing it around June of next year (2018).

That being said, I don't know if Carbonite still has that key bind listed in the visible key binds or if that key bind is an "unlisted" key bind. What is listed as the key bind for the Blizzard quest log?

It may be as simple as re-binding those keys, but, checking first is the best thing to do.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-10-17 at 05:06 AM. Reason: More blah blah blah (and a long winded explanation)
09-14-17, 03:56 AM   #5
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
still pretty confounded with this issue if anyone can help me.
09-14-17, 05:11 AM   #6
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Gho123 View Post
still pretty confounded with this issue if anyone can help me.
Disable all addons just leave Carbonite + modules and check if this persists. Also reset Carbonite settings.
09-14-17, 06:34 AM   #7
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Disable all addons just leave Carbonite + modules and check if this persists. Also reset Carbonite settings.
issue persists with only Carbonite enabled. I've tried a full reset/reinstall to no avail. I can't find anything in the keybinds that seems to be associated. I'm at a loss.
09-14-17, 09:19 AM   #8
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

issue persists with only Carbonite enabled. I've tried a full reset/reinstall to no avail. I can't find anything in the keybinds that seems to be associated. I'm at a loss.
U mean Carbonite + modules? U need to install modules separately, if u dont have Carbonite Quest u will not have the functionality of Carbonite Quest log and keybind L or Alt-L will do nothing.

Last edited by ircdirk : 09-14-17 at 09:22 AM.
09-14-17, 11:29 AM   #9
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
U mean Carbonite + modules? U need to install modules separately, if u dont have Carbonite Quest u will not have the functionality of Carbonite Quest log and keybind L or Alt-L will do nothing.
I have the modules sir. Any idea what I can do to straighten this out?
09-14-17, 12:18 PM   #10
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

I have the modules sir. Any idea what I can do to straighten this out?
Check this settings in Key Bindings menu, this should be "L":

You can also try to use Reset To Default.

Last edited by ircdirk : 09-14-17 at 12:30 PM.
09-14-17, 01:08 PM   #11
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Check this settings in Key Bindings menu, this should be "L":

You can also try to use Reset To Default.
'Reset to Default' fixed it and I can pull Carbonite quests up again. I still can't pinpoint exactly what the problem was as I can't find any setting that's different after resetting it to default. No matter, it's working now and I'm so glad. Thanks for the help.
09-14-17, 01:23 PM   #12
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
One more question: is it possible to set some other key besides L to open the Carbonite quests? How for example could I set 'G' to open the Carbonite quest log? Can this be done? (asking for curiosity's sake only)

Last edited by ircdirk : 09-15-17 at 12:20 AM.
09-15-17, 12:20 AM   #13
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

One more question: is it possible to set some other key besides L to open the Carbonite quests? How for example could I set 'G' to open the Carbonite quest log? Can this be done? (asking for curiosity's sake only)

Toggle Quest Log
binding change to something different then L, there is no specific binding for this in Carbonite.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » Can't pull up quest log and other issues