07-26-10, 01:40 PM   #1
Astor1977
A Defias Bandit
Minion and Win 7 32 bit.

I was using this on my old vista set up, but recently upgraded to win 7. I installed java, downloaded minion, but when i try to run it, i only get the java splash screen and then nothing. I've tried clicking the DL link and running it with java and have DL'd to my pc then tried running it, but neither method works. I"ve reinstalled java 4 times and the only zip utility i use is Power Archiver and that isn't set to handle java files. This worked great on vista, can anyone help me get it to work on win 7?

Thanks much.
07-26-10, 10:29 PM   #2
Mokane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Astor1977 View Post
I was using this on my old vista set up, but recently upgraded to win 7. I installed java, downloaded minion, but when i try to run it, i only get the java splash screen and then nothing. I've tried clicking the DL link and running it with java and have DL'd to my pc then tried running it, but neither method works. I"ve reinstalled java 4 times and the only zip utility i use is Power Archiver and that isn't set to handle java files. This worked great on vista, can anyone help me get it to work on win 7?

Thanks much.
Make sure that it's running as administrator. Crazy things happen if it doesn't. The other option you have is to turn of UAC completely in windows 7 and then most of those issues disappear.
07-27-10, 04:42 AM   #3
Astor1977
A Defias Bandit
Thanks, will try that.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Minion and Win 7 32 bit.