12-08-10, 07:13 AM   #1
Nirawen
A Murloc Raider
Low FPS

Hello,

Since Cataclysm, my FPS is always under 15fps, even with low graphical settings.

With no addon, it grow to 60 fps without any problem. So I supposed that there is an addon who take too much ressource but I can't identify it.

Somebody have the same problem ?

P.S. I used the Finalflo UI with little modification.
12-08-10, 07:21 AM   #2
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
Hello,

Since Cataclysm, my FPS is always under 15fps, even with low graphical settings.

With no addon, it grow to 60 fps without any problem. So I supposed that there is an addon who take too much ressource but I can't identify it.

That is quite a large jump 15 - 60 fps. I would say one of the addons has a memory leak. If I were you I would do a "binary" search. Start by turning on 1/2 of yuor addons, leaving the other 1/2 off. If you have no issues then you know that your issue is one of the addons in the 1/2 you did not turn on.

The ui you linked has a lot of artwork. The first addon i would look at is your kgpanels.
12-08-10, 08:31 AM   #3
Nirawen
A Murloc Raider
Thank you,

Finally I have find the addon, it was an old version of Triviabot.
12-08-10, 09:29 AM   #4
Valdesca
A Kobold Labourer

TattoStats can help to see addon memory usage

Last edited by Valdesca : 12-08-10 at 09:34 AM.
12-08-10, 10:24 AM   #5
janesgrace
A Kobold Labourer
Same Problem, only happens when Carbonite is on

Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
Hello,

I am having this same issue - without Carbonite I get a normal 22-28 fps (which plays just fine). The moment I activate Carbonite it drops to 0.9 FPS and game is unplayable.
I have always used Carbonite previous to the latest patch which caused general mayhem in all addons (of course). I recently installed the updated version. 4.031 and that's when game became unplayable fps wise. I exclusively went through disabling and enabling all Addons until I discerned that yes, it's actually just Carbonite causing the drastic fps drop.
12-08-10, 10:35 AM   #6
seryous
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by janesgrace View Post
I am having this same issue - without Carbonite I get a normal 22-28 fps (which plays just fine). The moment I activate Carbonite it drops to 0.9 FPS and game is unplayable.
I have always used Carbonite previous to the latest patch which caused general mayhem in all addons (of course). I recently installed the updated version. 4.031 and that's when game became unplayable fps wise. I exclusively went through disabling and enabling all Addons until I discerned that yes, it's actually just Carbonite causing the drastic fps drop.
QFT, although even thoughi really never had a problem even after cataclysm went live, the MOMENT i entered BlackRock Caverns i was getting 12-15fps. And i have a MACHINE for a pc. My gameplay is 100fps+ on any other occasion. Even in Raiding content. Carbonite has some "Splaining" to do
12-08-10, 02:09 PM   #7
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite seems to be causing a lot of issues in the new instances. I would suggest using a addon like Addon Control Panel that allows you to turn it off before you go into the instance.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Low FPS