02-18-07, 09:34 PM   #1
Thrae
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How-to Synchronize WoW for multiple computers

Did you know you can just copy an already patched World of Warcraft directory instead of patching each and every computer? Or just want your macros and/or saved variables sync'd?

Here's a Windows script. You'll need robocopy, which can be found in the Windows 2003 Resource Kit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

On your "host" computer, make your World of Warcraft folder a shared folder. On all other computers with World of Warcraft, map the new shared folder to z:. To map a drive, go to My Computer, Tools menu option, "Map Network Drive". Now here's the script you can make into a batch file:

Code:
robocopy z: "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft" /E /R:1 /W:1 /PURGE /XF %0.bat *enUS-downloader* *enUS-patch* Config.* layout-cache.txt /XD *Patch*
If you want it to then call Launcher.exe, then add:

Code:
call "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe"
exit

Last edited by Thrae : 02-18-07 at 09:40 PM.
02-19-07, 12:03 AM   #2
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Robocopy comes in Vista... about damn time. And you can shift-right-click to get "Open command line here" too.

I always hated the powertoys... they should have never been seperate from the OS, they're oh so useful. Notice that the Vista alt-tab window looks a lot like the XY Alt-tab enhancer powertoy?

MS is finally starting to get **** right.

Oh and robocopy can use network paths, no need to map drives. Just make sure you add /Z to that command so that robocopy can continue if it gets disconnected.
03-12-07, 07:13 AM   #3
Mizer18
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Now if only Vista came with a button for more bacon...

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » How-to Synchronize WoW for multiple computers