04-04-07, 12:18 PM   #1
Tobi
A Murloc Raider
Where's my chat !??

Ive made my first UI (Yay!!)
But now i have a problem... actually i got 2...
the main problem is: Where is my chatbar ???
second: how can i make some of the skills work when i press 1, 2, 3, etc...

i downloaded a addon packet called 'SeerahsSuitcase v.1.05'

Here's a pic of it...

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...407_195955.jpg
04-04-07, 01:26 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I am not entirely sure where your chatbar is.... Someone else posted on the download page that they couldn't find theirs either. I'll tell you what I told them:

If you used my WTF folder and followed the instructions on how to install SS, your screenshot would look just like mine (your chat would be in the lower left and combat log in the lower right). But, since you've obviously taken a lot of time to set everything up the way you wanted it, I won't suggest reinstalling it. Instead, exit the game and find the chat-cache.txt file in your WTF folder

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\Your Account Name Here\Your Character Name Here\chat-cache.txt

Delete that. Your chat settings (except those set by Prat, the chat mod) should be reset. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-04-07, 02:34 PM   #3
Tobi
A Murloc Raider
I deleted it, but still i cant see the chat...
isnt there an addon for making chat bars or something??
04-04-07, 05:06 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
So you have no chat frame at all? Can't read/write/anything?.... Hmm.... Are you using any other mods in addition to what was included with Seerah's Suitcase?

I'll give you two more things to try:

1. Go to your Interface Options, check the box for Simple Chat, click Okay and return to the game, then go back to Interface Options and uncheck Simple Chat (so you can move/adjust your chat frames again)

If that doesn't fix it then.....

2. Exit the game (if it's running) - go to your WTF folder and delete these four files
WTF\Account\Your Account Name\Saved Variables\Prat.lua AND Prat.lua.bak
WTF\Account\Your Account Name\Your Character Name\Saved Variables\Prat.lua AND Prat.lua.bak

I'm not sure what you are referring to about an addon to make chat bars...... Prat (which is included) is a chat frame addon which adds further customization to your chat frames - allows you to scroll through with your mouse, hide the arrow buttons, add timestamps, abbreviate channel names, color names by class, etc, etc. I honestly don't know why you have no chat frame. If anyone else has an idea, please pipe in.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-04-07, 05:20 PM   #5
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't use Seerah's stuff, but another reason for not being able to see chat is they just might be placed completely offscreen somehow. If Seerah's Simple Chat fix doesn't work, you could try opening your layout-cache file (..\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\ServerName\CharName\layout-cache.txt) and deleting the entries for any ChatFrames. You would need to delete the entire entry for that frame (Frame, FrameLevel, X, Y, W, H). This should force WoW to create the standard double-tabbed window (General and CombatLog) in the place it would normally reside in the default UI. You would then be able to re-create any extra chat windows and should also be able to move them around.
04-04-07, 07:23 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, that would have been my next guess, Firedancer.... If nothing else works, delve into the layout-cache. But that could get a little confusing for someone unfamiliar with what it presents. Though every frame is labelled... What resolution are you running at Tobi? It looks to be the same aspect ratio, but it seems that the UI scale or resolution may be different from the size of some of your UI elements...

04-04-07, 10:57 PM   #7
Tobi
A Murloc Raider
Thanx Seerah and Firedancer, il try those things when i have time...
gtg to school right now =[
il tell you guys if it worked ^_^
04-05-07, 05:46 AM   #8
Tobi
A Murloc Raider
Yay!!
Thanx Seerah !!!!!!

It works !!
04-05-07, 09:05 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Which one was it???

04-05-07, 11:13 AM   #10
Tobi
A Murloc Raider
1. Go to your Interface Options, check the box for Simple Chat, click Okay and return to the game, then go back to Interface Options and uncheck Simple Chat (so you can move/adjust your chat frames again)
(Stupid me!!)
Why didnt i found out myself

Thanx again ^_^
04-05-07, 11:21 AM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The simple chat fix is what is usually suggested for the Blizzard bug where your combat log randomly disappears. Haven't had that problem since I started using Prat and using more than two chat frames/tabs, though. But glad it worked.

04-05-07, 01:03 PM   #12
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Glad you got it fixed

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Where's my chat !??