05-26-07, 04:14 PM   #1
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Cartographer is toast after last patch

Read a couple posts here about problems others are having with Cartographer. Mine just doesn't work at all, nothing, nadaa, zip! Do I just need to wait until it is patched up or is there something I can do to get Cartographer working?

Thanks

Bellator
05-26-07, 04:18 PM   #2
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Totally works

Originally Posted by Bellator
Read a couple posts here about problems others are having with Cartographer. Mine just doesn't work at all, nothing, nadaa, zip! Do I just need to wait until it is patched up or is there something I can do to get Cartographer working?

Thanks

Bellator
Totally works for me with patch 2.1

Update it using the Wowace updater program.
05-26-07, 04:19 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
www.wowace.com/files
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-26-07, 04:28 PM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
what are you talking about? it worked fine for me (I only use foglight,coords,notes, and zone notes) and it works perfectly

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
05-27-07, 04:46 AM   #5
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Ok I downloaded, deleted Cartographer and it is working now. The addons are still not working, so do I need to delete and re-install them also? If I have to do this will all the saved map, trainers, herbs and such information be lost?

Thanks

Bellator
05-27-07, 04:58 AM   #6
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Ok I downloaded, deleted Cartographer and it is working now. The addons are still not working, so do I need to delete and re-install them also? If I have to do this will all the saved map, trainers, herbs and such information be lost?

Thanks

Bellator
No as that information is stored in the SaveVariables folder in your WTF folder. In fact you may want back up those files so you do not loose them in case of corruption or reinstalls. Look in this folder:

C://Program Files/World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/YOUR ACCOUT /SavedVariables

(replace the italicized words with your account name) and select the Cartographer files. Copy them somewhere else like another drive or removable media.

These are the files you want to back up:

Cartographer_Herbalism.lua
Cartographer_Noteshare.lua
Cartographer_QuestObjectives.lua
Cartographer_Quests.lua
Cartographer_Trainers.lua
Cartographer_Vendors.lua

and other similar ones.
05-27-07, 03:58 PM   #7
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well no luck, backed up my lua files as suggested, deleted the old cartographer addons, trainer, vendor and such. Downloaded the addons from here and extracted again. Addons still show Out of Date? Not really sure what to try next?

Thanks again for any help.

Bellator
05-27-07, 09:40 PM   #8
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

As explained, get the latest Cartographer files from http://files.wowace.com

Most importantly, in case you are using centralized libraries, you will need to update them. Especially BabbleLib. When I patched, I needed to update BabbleLib to make my instance maps and loot appear again. Been peachy ever since.

05-27-07, 10:51 PM   #9
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well no luck, backed up my lua files as suggested, deleted the old cartographer addons, trainer, vendor and such. Downloaded the addons from here and extracted again. Addons still show Out of Date? Not really sure what to try next?

Thanks again for any help.

Bellator
Ensure the "Load Out Of Date Addons" is checked on your Addon listing on your main character loading screen (after login but before actually "launching" a character).
05-28-07, 02:32 AM   #10
slice3
A Cliff Giant

i use cartographer but i can't explore fog-ed lands, even i across a region, on my map will be still with fog upon them, where i need to find my errors? i even can't get explore bonuses.
is something wrong with my cartographer?
05-28-07, 04:14 AM   #11
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Got to say thanks again before I start. Did get the Herbilism addon to work just fine last evening. I think I've done everything you all have suggested. Heres what I did maybe I screwed up something in the order.

1. Downloaded new files from wowace.com
2. Copied and backed up old LUA files to safe spot. (do I need to delete old LUA files from WTF folder?)
3. Deleted old Cartographer folders from /interface folder
4. Re-installed Cartographer and addons, Vendors, Trainers, Herbilism, Treasure.
5. Checked addons at character select screen, clicked on all.
6. Entered game.

At this point I did get Cartographer and Herbilism to work np, the other 3 addons still say out of date. I am not real smart at this but it seems I've done most of this correctly, especially since Herbilism works.

Thanks again all for your input.

Bellator
05-28-07, 09:03 AM   #12
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

1. Downloaded new files from wowace.com
2. Copied and backed up old LUA files to safe spot. (do I need to delete old LUA files from WTF folder?)
3. Deleted old Cartographer folders from /interface folder
4. Re-installed Cartographer and addons, Vendors, Trainers, Herbilism, Treasure.
5. Checked addons at character select screen, clicked on all.
6. Entered game.

At this point I did get Cartographer and Herbilism to work np, the other 3 addons still say out of date. I am not real smart at this but it seems I've done most of this correctly, especially since Herbilism works.
2. Don't delete any .LUA in the SavedVariable folder as that is where all your settings and data is stored. Back it up but don't delete unless you want to start fresh.

If 3 of them are saying out of date, it's probably just their TOC out of date. Make sure to check "Load Out of Date Addons" before logging into your characters. Otherwise you did everything right.

05-28-07, 09:08 AM   #13
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by slice3
i use cartographer but i can't explore fog-ed lands, even i across a region, on my map will be still with fog upon them, where i need to find my errors? i even can't get explore bonuses.
is something wrong with my cartographer?
Update. And if you're not sure if you have the latest... update!

Remember that you do not get explore bonuses for everything; specifically enemy subzones and a few others. Otherwise, you may need to close and open Cart to show the now-explored areas.

05-28-07, 12:13 PM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Why is everyone so scared of the words "out of date"? If you're sure you have the latest version, check the box and load the game. If your addon works, then fine - good. All that needs to be changed is *one* number in the .toc for it to not say "out of date". In face, prior to when 2.1 went live last week, some addons were already updated for 2.1. They said "out of date" too, just because that *one* number was different than what wow expected.

If your addon says "Incompatible" or is throwing you errors, then you need to make sure you have the latest version, put in a bug report, and/or find something else.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-28-07, 02:48 PM   #15
Blazingstorm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

patch

I hate to say this, because I love this site, but you all need to go to http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/addons/ for the new Cartographer update, and if you look hard enough you will also find the most current .lua files for mining and herbalism
05-28-07, 03:57 PM   #16
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Blazingstorm
I hate to say this, because I love this site, but you all need to go to http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/addons/ for the new Cartographer update, and if you look hard enough you will also find the most current .lua files for mining and herbalism

the most up-to-date version will be on http://wowace.com/files

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
05-28-07, 04:20 PM   #17
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Can't explain why but its all working this evening, geez. Anyway when I left this morning only Cartographer and Herbilism was working properly. Now all the addons are working, seriously did not change a thing from my last attempt.

Thanks again for everyones input helping me to get Cartographer up and running.

Bellator
05-29-07, 12:03 AM   #18
slice3
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Gemini_II
Update. ...
... Otherwise, you may need to close and open Cart to show the now-explored areas.
how can i do a close/open to my cartographer? i'm not done anything like this before.
05-29-07, 04:41 AM   #19
Dissonance
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cartographer doesn't control whether or not you get exploration bonuses at all.

That's all server-side, the client has no control over this.

If you aren't getting the "Area X explored, 100 experience gained." then you aren't going far enough into the territory for it to actually be explored as according to the WoW server.

Now, if you ARE getting this message, and your map still displays the Unexplored Fog, then you've got a problem.

I just figured I'd point this out in case you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.
05-29-07, 05:25 AM   #20
slice3
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Dissonance

.... your map still displays the Unexplored Fog, then you've got a problem...

first of all , that's my problem

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Cartographer is toast after last patch