09-06-08, 09:12 AM   #921
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Am I missing an addon that will force the battleground map into the information panel. The first picture shows the info panel with the battleground map turned off. The second one shows it after a Shift-M. It is unclickable and unmovable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090608_110512.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	1913  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090608_110531.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	343.9 KB
ID:	1914  

Last edited by whereswaldo : 09-07-08 at 01:18 PM.

09-06-08, 10:16 AM   #922
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
pet feed button in player mode

pet feed button not working in player mode. works fine in raid and party mode.

09-06-08, 02:12 PM   #923
Sketch
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
My only real suggestion is to maybe make it a little smaller of a footprint along the bottom of the screen, and make the top bar far smaller (like in your previous versions)...other than that, I'm really digging this mod and am trying it out a lot more than Mazzle.

Also, any thought to having multiple skins? I like the brick style, just not the color of the brick :P

09-06-08, 02:22 PM   #924
bakes82
A Fallenroot Satyr
I agree the bottom section needs to be smaller. I use to use Genesis and that was a good size for me at 1920x1200.

09-06-08, 05:24 PM   #925
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Spiel - I've done more testing. This time I've fully deleted my WTF folder to start completely over from scratch (so I start at the default 1024x768 screen res, etc). Here's my findings:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I'm going to guess that you have the "Use UI Scale" options selected in the WoW interface video options panel. This is a known bug (it's actually listed in the know bugs list) and I'm working to resolve it. Most of the UI seems to lay out just fine regardless of the "Use UI Scale" setting but for some reason the bag bar does not. It also has issues not interfacing correctly with the nUI_Movers code. The issue is related to the skinning interface and I'm working it.
With a fresh WTF it does seem that this takes care of the bag bar problem - the Ui scale wasn't selected with a fully fresh config.wtf so the bar was in the right place. However, without scaling, at 1920x1200 resolution, the panel takes up a HUGE amount of space comparatively.

Well... nUI does not assign anything except the default Bliz keybindings to any action button and it only assigns one keybinding to each. That is hard coded into the bar code and there is virtually no way, via nUI, to assign two different key binds to the same key (I should clarify that by saying that Bliz offers two key bindings to every key binding code -- i.e. ACTIONBUTTON1 can have two bindings, but I never assign more than one binding code to a button)

So... if you have some oddball set of keybindings on a button, they have to be coming from a third party source or both keys have to be programmed into the Bliz keybinding interface for that button. I would suggest taking a hard look at what other mods you have installed, I assure you it is impossible for nUI to be the source of the "unprogrammed" key bindings.
Again, with a 100% fresh install - of 2.04, no WTF folder, and my additional addon listing consisting of:

Auctioneer Advanced package
Combuctor (single display of all bagspace)
Decursive
DrDamage
FuBar
GFW Disenchant Predictor
LightHeaded
Omen
Prat 3.0 beta
QuestHelper
Recount
Talented
TomTom

my default button bar is mapped 1 through = like it should be. I haven't mapped any additional keys. Again, this is after deleting my WTF folder completely. Hotkey 3 (hitting the 3 key casts the spell) is Dragon's Breath. If I hit 3, it casts. If I hit alt-3, it still casts.

I just did another test by disabling ALL other mods except nUI, Recount, and Omen, logged back in the game, repeated the test. ALT-3 cast the spell in my 3 slot (Dragon's Breath). Alt-1 through Alt-= also cast their respective 1 through = spells.

Now, if i actually go into the keybindings and map a key to alt-3 (or alt-1 through alt-= for that matter), it will then properly cast the mapped alt- key. if I then go in and unbind that alt-key from it's proper mapping, it'll cast the respective regular bind (i.e. if I unbind alt-3 from another hotbutton key after mapping it, it will then cast the spell mapped to 3)

I can assure you there is no way I will incorporate the Ace library into nUI... for a host of reasons. I have nothing against Ace, I just do not want to subject nUI users to having to keep Ace libraries current, especially since the Ace Updater is getting shelved. The only Ace library I use (as an option) with nUI is the Threat 2.0 for the very obvious reason that it is the defacto standard for any raider, and even that is optional.

That said, I *will* be adding that kind of key binding functionality to nUI. Click menus, GUI configs and all those sorts of things are all features I have purposely been putting off until nUI is stable for the reasons I have explained in the past. Just be assured, that you will be able to click-to-bind action buttons in the future.
Understood - I know you prefer to do things this way, and I love how fast your UI loads. Please don't think of my testing and reporting and suggesting is anything other than my sincere desire to help test, quash bugs, and suggest ideas for your hard work.

Thanks again!

Marth

Marth

Last edited by Marthisdil : 09-06-08 at 05:55 PM.

09-06-08, 05:46 PM   #926
docacola
A Kobold Labourer
This may have been answered further back, but I didn't particularly want to read 47 pages of posts to find it. I also didn't see it on the AddOn's page.

How do you lock the blizzard windows (Character Sheet, spellbooks, quest logs, etc) so that you can't drag them around?

Sorry if it was answered elsewhere, but I couldn't see it and figured I'd get a fast response here.

09-06-08, 09:19 PM   #927
iocontrol
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
my default button bar is mapped 1 through = like it should be. I haven't mapped any additional keys. Again, this is after deleting my WTF folder completely. Hotkey 3 (hitting the 3 key casts the spell) is Dragon's Breath. If I hit 3, it casts. If I hit alt-3, it still casts.
This is default Blizzard behavior. I've run into that using Mazzle (modified Bongos), ArkiveUI (Bartender3) and even without any ActionBar replacement addons.

Last edited by iocontrol : 09-06-08 at 09:21 PM. Reason: condensed example

09-07-08, 12:33 AM   #928
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'm probably not going to use this UI (I'm not a fan of the height of the dashboard or the top portion) but I have to say that this is pretty awesome. It's really neat how much you've accomplished using so little disk space (which I can only assume means it'll use the same amount as memory in-game?). It looks like everything fits and belongs, though, which is really cool.

I'm also not a fan of the dashboard texture, but that can be easily fixed on my end (if I use this UI).

Two questions: Do windows (like the quest log or while talking to an NPC) have new art or the default Blizzard art? Also, are there different setups for widescreen and normal screen?

09-07-08, 06:20 AM   #929
Raema
A Kobold Labourer
i downloaded this addon yesterday and i have to say that i really love it. but, yes BUT there is one thing that's not that good i think. is there a way to move the tooltip when you mouseover a player or npc to the cursor? because i don't wanna look at the left side all the time to know which class the other player has ^^

09-07-08, 07:54 AM   #930
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by iocontrol View Post
This is default Blizzard behavior. I've run into that using Mazzle (modified Bongos), ArkiveUI (Bartender3) and even without any ActionBar replacement addons.
io - really? I never really noticed! (then again, I never really tried as I've always used UI mods (going way back to Cosmos!))

I only found out about it this time by accident during testing - lol. Thanks!

Marth

09-07-08, 07:55 AM   #931
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Raema View Post
i downloaded this addon yesterday and i have to say that i really love it. but, yes BUT there is one thing that's not that good i think. is there a way to move the tooltip when you mouseover a player or npc to the cursor? because i don't wanna look at the left side all the time to know which class the other player has ^^
Read the mod description on the download page...

-- /nui tooltips {default|fixed|owner|mouse}

By default, nUI locates tooltips according to the standard Blizzard default with the exception of placing unanchored tooltips just above the top right side of the nUI dashboard (Blizzard normally places those tooltips in the bottom right corner of your display). This option allows you to change how nUI manages the in-game tooltips. The "/nui tooltips default" option completely disables all nUI management of in-game tooltips while "/nui tooltips fixed" locates ALL in-game tooltips at the top right of the dashboard. The "/nui tooltips owner" will attempt to locate tooltips near the frame that owns the tooltip (such as an action button or a bag slot) and the "/nui tooltips mouse" option will attempt to locate all tooltips at or near the current mouse position.
Enjoy!

Marth

09-07-08, 10:15 PM   #932
serbious76
A Defias Bandit
wont work

i cant seem to get it to work ive tried deleating my cache and wtf file to no avail

09-08-08, 12:20 AM   #933
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by serbious76 View Post
i cant seem to get it to work ive tried deleating my cache and wtf file to no avail
What can't you get to work? The whole nUI? Is it in the correct folder (e.g. "c:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\nUI\<nUI's folders here>")?

09-08-08, 05:09 AM   #934
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Please be more specific so we can help you - please tell us the contents of your World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons folder

Marth

09-08-08, 07:17 AM   #935
mykekealey
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
io - really? I never really noticed! (then again, I never really tried as I've always used UI mods (going way back to Cosmos!))

I only found out about it this time by accident during testing - lol. Thanks!
According to default Blizz behaviour (if you read the tips on the loading screen), holding down the ALT key when casting a spell will cast the spell on yourself. So if you are a healer and have the MT targeted, you can hold ALT to cast a heal on yourself. Provided, that is, that you don't have ALT bound to other spells.

09-08-08, 10:42 AM   #936
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by mykekealey View Post
According to default Blizz behaviour (if you read the tips on the loading screen), holding down the ALT key when casting a spell will cast the spell on yourself. So if you are a healer and have the MT targeted, you can hold ALT to cast a heal on yourself. Provided, that is, that you don't have ALT bound to other spells.
See, that's what I get for not leaving that option on Thanks mykekealey

Marth

09-08-08, 11:39 AM   #937
serbious76
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by iljott View Post
What can't you get to work? The whole nUI? Is it in the correct folder (e.g. "c:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\nUI\<nUI's folders here>")?
Notice the file path in the screenshot.

I also want to note that I have deleated the contents of the wtf file and cache.

I really like the looks of this and wanting to try this thx for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	file path.png
Views:	596
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1922  

09-08-08, 11:55 AM   #938
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Notice the file path in the screenshot.

I also want to note that I have deleated the contents of the wtf file and cache.

I really like the looks of this and wanting to try this thx for the help.
Umm....I don't think WoW will load the Addons folder from anywhere other than <wow path>\Interface\...yours appears to be in <wow path>\Interface.20080907-230443\

Unless there's someway in the config.wtf or something to redirect WoW to load from a differently named folder....I don't see how this would work

Marth

09-08-08, 01:40 PM   #939
blackfirefox
An Aku'mai Servant

Spiel - Thank You Sir!

09/08/2008

Spiel,

I truly hope your first day back at work was good...no great...hope you werent to tired.

I want to again thank you for all the hard work you have put into NUI and look forward to the further development. I want to say personally that I am in no rush for updates, starting a new job is very stressful and you dont need to worry about updates for a lil while, let your new job get broken in and let us know how you are doing.

Take Care
BlackFireFox

09-08-08, 03:12 PM   #940
Seer
A Molten Giant
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by blackfirefox View Post
09/08/2008

Spiel,

I truly hope your first day back at work was good...no great...hope you werent to tired.

I want to again thank you for all the hard work you have put into NUI and look forward to the further development. I want to say personally that I am in no rush for updates, starting a new job is very stressful and you dont need to worry about updates for a lil while, let your new job get broken in and let us know how you are doing.

Take Care
BlackFireFox
Well said.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement