09-08-08, 10:40 PM   #941
serbious76
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
Umm....I don't think WoW will load the Addons folder from anywhere other than <wow path>\Interface\...yours appears to be in <wow path>\Interface.20080907-230443\

Unless there's someway in the config.wtf or something to redirect WoW to load from a differently named folder....I don't see how this would work
actually the numbers after the interface name are from running the repair utility

09-08-08, 11:45 PM   #942
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by serbious76 View Post
Notice the file path in the screenshot.

I also want to note that I have deleated the contents of the wtf file and cache.

I really like the looks of this and wanting to try this thx for the help.
Are you sure your WoW shortcut is pointing to "c:\program files\world of warcraft - copy"? The "copy" part seems strange to me, but then again, I've never repaired WoW, so I can't be sure. Do you have any other addons installed? Are they working? The nUI folder is in the right place, it's just the other WoW folders I'm not sure of.

09-09-08, 05:01 AM   #943
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by iljott View Post
Are you sure your WoW shortcut is pointing to "c:\program files\world of warcraft - copy"? The "copy" part seems strange to me, but then again, I've never repaired WoW, so I can't be sure. Do you have any other addons installed? Are they working? The nUI folder is in the right place, it's just the other WoW folders I'm not sure of.
The paths are relative to where WoW sees itself executed from - so as long as everything from a default WoW install is present, it'll load as long as it's all there - could be c:\games\bobs game emporium\blizzard\w\world\of\warcraft

K - so I'm assuming the repair utility was done after the fact - hrm...at character select clicking addons, did you see nUI in there at all?

Marth

09-09-08, 08:37 AM   #944
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
The paths are relative to where WoW sees itself executed from - so as long as everything from a default WoW install is present, it'll load as long as it's all there - could be c:\games\bobs game emporium\blizzard\w\world\of\warcraft

K - so I'm assuming the repair utility was done after the fact - hrm...at character select clicking addons, did you see nUI in there at all?
Yes, I'm aware of that - in fact my personal folder structure is "c:\games\world of warcraft\", not the default "program files".

The reason I asked was that I was thinking that the repair made a copy of the game files (hence the "copy" folder) and that his actual game is being run from another folder instead (likely to be the original folder), while his addon folders are in the repaired "copy" folder.

09-09-08, 06:45 PM   #945
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Stackable ability

Hi Spiel,

Sick of getting a regular paypacket yet ?

Playing my warrior I noticed that the stackable Sunder Armor didn't show up as such, i.e. hitting SA a few times seemed to restart the timer each time but did not indicate that it was stacked twice (or more).

Been a while since I played a warrior so maybe Blizz in their almighty wisdom changed something here...

Update: Up to lvl 19 it was as described above. Now, on 20, I notice that when hitting SA I get one icon showing 0.1s (and it stays like that) and another one which counts down as per normal. Hitting SA again will restart that countdown.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

Last edited by Tehryn : 09-10-08 at 08:34 PM. Reason: update

09-10-08, 07:49 AM   #946
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Speil,

Please don't allow your real life to interfere with your virtual life. No updates in 8 days means this real life thing is getting out of control.

Jungle
The preceding was an attempt at humor

09-10-08, 08:49 PM   #947
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Hiya spiel,

Minimap button bag: Dunno if you have control of the tooltip, some of the mods tootip show up right over the icon so I can't interact with them.
In combat, I could open the button bag, but when I tried to close using the 'x' in the corner it wouldn't close it ( NOT a big deal though)

09-11-08, 01:47 AM   #948
Tehryn

Originally Posted by fred View Post
Hiya spiel,

Minimap button bag: Dunno if you have control of the tooltip, some of the mods tootip show up right over the icon so I can't interact with them.
In combat, I could open the button bag, but when I tried to close using the 'x' in the corner it wouldn't close it ( NOT a big deal though)
Fred, enter 'nui help' and you will find a command to relocate the tooltips.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

09-11-08, 10:03 AM   #949
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
Fred, enter 'nui help' and you will find a command to relocate the tooltips.
Thank you, thank you!!

Edit: tried...tooltips for volumefu will not move no matter what setting I use, I'll try using TinyTp to move them.

Edit: No go with TinyTip either, it's like fubar have their own control even as a MiniMap Buttom

Last edited by fred : 09-11-08 at 10:18 AM.

09-11-08, 03:27 PM   #950
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
Am I missing an addon that will force the battleground map into the information panel. The first picture shows the info panel with the battleground map turned off. The second one shows it after a Shift-M. It is unclickable and unmovable.
Never mind. I found the problem. The add-on Capping was interfering with nUI's ability to place the battleground map in the Information Panel.

09-11-08, 04:01 PM   #951
Tehryn

Thank you, thank you!!

Edit: tried...tooltips for volumefu will not move no matter what setting I use, I'll try using TinyTp to move them.

Edit: No go with TinyTip either, it's like fubar have their own control even as a MiniMap Buttom
With VolumeFU installed 'nui tooltips default' moves all my tooltips to the right of the screen (to the right of the map), and 'nui tooltips owner' moves them to the left of the screen (above the dashboard).

Do you have any other addons installed that handle tooltips?

[0x81BEB11E]

09-11-08, 04:51 PM   #952
Sloth
An Aku'mai Servant
i have the same problem with tooltips...

Maybe it's a bug with the (german) translation? the command /nui tooltips said only "owner, mause, gefixed or Standart" are valid options...

so, i can't set it to mouse and i'm not sure if it works with the other values

(btw, "mause", "gefixed" and "Standart" is a wrong translation anyway, it should be "maus", "fest" or "fix" and "standard")

09-11-08, 08:49 PM   #953
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
With VolumeFU installed 'nui tooltips default' moves all my tooltips to the right of the screen (to the right of the map), and 'nui tooltips owner' moves them to the left of the screen (above the dashboard).

Do you have any other addons installed that handle tooltips?
not that I'm aware of. The tooltip is more towards the left if that means anything.I have a program that will make a list of mods used...let's see if it will upload o.k.
Attached Files
File Type: txt myaddons.txt (4.0 KB, 654 views)

09-11-08, 10:07 PM   #954
Tehryn

not that I'm aware of. The tooltip is more towards the left if that means anything.I have a program that will make a list of mods used...let's see if it will upload o.k.
Make sure you have addons disabled that handle any of the following:

* custom casting bars
* customized action bars
* a HUD (heads up display)
* Out of range, out of mana indicators
* Cooldown watchers, buff/debuff frames
* Minimap button managers / button bags
* customized unit frames (player, pet, target, etc)

If that doesn't work then the best I can suggest is to try an old & proven method: turn off all of your addons leaving only nUI running and see if the nUI tooltips commands relocate the tooltip. If so (and it should) then turn the addons back on one-by-one and try again. I know, this can be a pain in the bum but it usually catches all sorts of problem addons.

If this doesn't work either then I hope someone with a bigger brain than me can provide the answer .

Btw which program makes that addon list?

[0x81BEB11E]

09-12-08, 09:07 AM   #955
Sloth
An Aku'mai Servant
I have all plugins disabled, except nUI. The tooltips are still on the left with /nui tooltips = mouse

09-12-08, 02:51 PM   #956
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Tehryn- I use a program called MyAddons to generate the list, I'll zip it and see if will upload.just place it inside your addon on folder and run it....it gives you a nice list. I believe Seerah passed it on to me

I use Omni CC too, because I use Autobar...I know it doubles some of the counts though

https://www.yousendit.com/download/b...bEE5eFVLSkE9PQ

09-12-08, 04:40 PM   #957
Tehryn

Fred/Sloth,

What I have found is this:

'nui tooltips fixed':
ALL tooltips left side of screen.

'nui tooltips default':
cursor on player/npc puts tooltip bottom-right next to the map.
cursor on item in bags puts tooltips left of the cursor.

'nui tooltips mouse':
cursor on player/npc puts tooltip left side of screen.
cursor on item in bags puts tooltip under cursor.

[0x81BEB11E]

09-13-08, 07:28 PM   #958
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

So, has nUI gone the way of Mazzle UI. I looks like the activity in this forum has come to a screeching halt. And I was so looking forward to some of the features that were planned.

09-13-08, 07:56 PM   #959
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I believe spiel is relaxing...taking a breather.....but I don't think he has given up. Maybe he is actually playing WoW

09-13-08, 08:44 PM   #960
Tehryn

Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
So, has nUI gone the way of Mazzle UI. I looks like the activity in this forum has come to a screeching halt. And I was so looking forward to some of the features that were planned.
Scroll back a bit and you'll see the reason why it seems a bit quiet here .

[0x81BEB11E]

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement