11-11-10, 03:23 PM   #1
corveroth
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking for set of inventory management addons

I'm looking for the following functionality, and I imagine that each will require a separate addon:

1) Auto-vendoring of items. Either a barebones sell-only-gray-items addon, or one with more complex filtering (If gray OR iLvl < threshold OR NOT equippable, etc).

2) Automatic quest-text advancement. Completes one quest per click on the NPC, while automatically choosing a quest reward.

3) Automatic bulk mailing. Based on user-defined filters, send all matching items to a pre-defined character.

Open to any and all suggestions.
11-11-10, 06:59 PM   #2
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I like VendorMaster by Seerah for auto-vendoring greys. It also includes the ability to have a list of specific items to sell (or to keep, if they're grey). It also can handle auto-buying of reagents (or food/water) to specified levels, and the ability to auto-repair your gear.
11-11-10, 07:06 PM   #3
corveroth
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yeah, I spotted that one, and I'm writing my own hacks into the auto-sell logic. The general idea of all this is to speed up questing while maximizing income, by mailing all BoE greens off to my disenchanter, and vendoring all unusable greens and grays (and of course, automating that process). White items are too situational to handle automatically, sadly.

The combination of QuestReward and idQuestAutomation might suffice for the second point, though I've yet to actually test it. As for bulk mailing, it's looking like I might be on my own for coming up with that one... I'm still open to ideas here!

Last edited by corveroth : 11-11-10 at 07:08 PM.
11-11-10, 09:41 PM   #4
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I prefer Vendorizer for reagent buying, myself. It can also be used for auto-selling grays, but I'm using Automaton for that. Automaton also does a lot of other neat things, not specifically related to optimizing the leveling process. It's really out of date, but since I'm still using it myself, obviously it still works.

VendorBait to know which quest reward sells for the most money, however I've not come across anything that automatically picks a quest reward and actually finishes the quest -- this only puts a highlight around the reward that will vendor for the most.

I'm using QuestGuru for my quest log and tracker replacement. That may be a little more than you were looking for, but it *does* autocomplete the quests that don't require me to choose a quest reward.

I found one addon that sounds like it did what you wanted as far as auto-mailing greens to your enchanter, but sounds like it's broken and abandoned now. Too bad.

My solution is to (a) use an inventory mod to make it easy to find my BoE gear, and then (b) just mail it manually. Since the inventory mod groups them all together for me and keeps them seperate from my soulbound gear, it's a piece of cake to do manually.

I'm using ArkInventory for the purpose described above. It's the most powerful inventory management mod out there, but ... kind of a beast to get set up in a nice usable fashion. I could send you my savedvariables file for it, if you'd like to try it out with the default profile that I've spent years refining, and that I use for all my characters regardless of their class or professions. Or, the other inventory mod that I don't use but like recommending to people because it's so dead simple and still pretty powerful is Combuctor.

Good luck, let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Last edited by Jzar : 11-11-10 at 09:46 PM.
11-13-10, 05:17 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by corveroth View Post
2) Automatic quest-text advancement. Completes one quest per click on the NPC, while automatically choosing a quest reward.
Try idQuestAutomation.
11-14-10, 03:15 AM   #6
corveroth
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
*nod* The combination of QuestReward and idQuestAutomation seems to have that point covered nicely, though I'll have to tweak the logic in QuestReward to my liking. No problem there. Similarly with VendorMaster; just add some custom logic so that it does exactly what I want it to in addition to the basics.

The bulk mailing thing is more of a pain... I'm working on my own, and I think it might be good to go as soon as I figure out why it isn't actually firing the mails. =/

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for set of inventory management addons