08-06-09, 05:31 AM   #21
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by pirplepig View Post
I know it has a fading option but I'm not sure what you mean by unnecessary map portions.
Cartographer 2 has a feature that allows you to fade out the ocean and a good deal of the extra artwork that comes with the map, so all you see is the continent you're on and the map UI buttons. See the edit to my previous post.

08-07-09, 12:40 PM   #22
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I moved from cartographer to mapster when the dev started the google earth looking crap. It intergrates with every thing that cartographer does and is a little lighter.
You do know there are 2 versions of Cartographer out right now right?

http://www.wowace.com/search/?search=Cartographer

The non numbered version is the one that is the non google earth rip off. And it works just fine for me.

As for the pminimap there was a .LUA fix posted in the comment section. But for some reason I cant get past page 1. Every time I click on page 2 to look for it, i get sent back to page 1 with the url showing me as being on page 2. it is only doing this on that addon page tho every other one lets me.

Edit found it

Originally posted by lowep
***Disclaimer***
This worked for me, I haven't fully tested to see if it breaks anything else

I got it working again by commenting out line 269

look for the line

InterfaceOptionsDisplayPanelShowClock.setFunc('1')

it's about 38 lines up from bottom of pminimap.lua and put -- infront if it so it looks like

--InterfaceOptionsDisplayPanelShowClock.setFunc('1')

I"ll play with it if my realm stays up and see if it keeps working.

It appears it's having issues with the clock part. My workaround introduces another error but it is reskinng the minimap and letting me move it around.
seems weird but by adding those 2 dashes it caused pminimap to go from not even showing up (default minimap) to it being there and allowing me to use it once again.

Last edited by SenseiLoki : 08-07-09 at 12:49 PM.
08-07-09, 06:03 PM   #23
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SenseiLoki View Post
You do know there are 2 versions of Cartographer out right now right?

http://www.wowace.com/search/?search=Cartographer

The non numbered version is the one that is the non google earth rip off. And it works just fine for me.
They're actually 2 seperate projects . Both are by the original author ck knight. The google earth knock off is Cart 3. The normal one everyone knows is just Cartographer.

IMHO If you start thinking of them as "versions" you might get yourself confused when people start talking about having the latest version of Cartgrapher or build XXXX of Cart

.... are they talking about Cart 3 ? or Cartographer ?

They're 2 seperate projects , as seperate and distinct as Cartographer is from mapster
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
08-08-09, 10:44 AM   #24
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
If I am correct I remember P3lim living in sweden
Wrong! (10 characters)
08-08-09, 11:06 AM   #25
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I moved from cartographer to mapster when the dev started the google earth looking crap. It intergrates with every thing that cartographer does and is a little lighter.
I am actually partial to the google earth looking crap ..kinda compliments the futuristic look that Sexymap brings to the UI, and pretty similar to the Carbonite map without all the bells and whistles (but there's always room for more cowbell).

From Fubar I went to Chocolatebar when 3.1 hit, then went to Dockingstation for more customization (yay fonts and colors). Switching to LDB made a significant improvement in performance and I couldn't imagine going back.

Stuf and StufRaid are my Unitframes, TomTom handles my waypoints
08-08-09, 11:24 AM   #26
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Problem is, that "Google Earth looking crap" doesn't work well for people using ATI cards. At least, it didn't back in BC, and caused serious framerate and gfx loading issues for people with those cards. Although I think it's just Cart3's implementation of it, since the one time I tried Carbonite it didn't cause the same issue. Couldn't stand Carbonite, tho'.

I was running dual ATI cards back in BC and just loading the addon caused my framerate to be worse than most people see in Dalaran today - I was "happy" to see it hit 10 if Cart3 was loaded - and stay that way until I disabled the addon and reloaded the ui.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » AddOn Replacement Time