09-22-07, 08:29 AM   #1
Xacius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
eepanels2 help

I recently wanted to give eepanels a try. So I downloaded the latest version of eepanels 2 and am running into nothing but error messages when i create a new panel about the core.lua. Can't do anything with the mod, eepanels seems to work fine, however after reading on the mod, i think it would be better to use eepanels2. Anyone else having these issues with the latest version or is it just me?

Second question:

I was wondering if anyone used any texture mods with eepanels and what people would suggest with premade textures etc. Anything I've seen with Xart is already a premade layout and not sure where to get, say a texture database where i can look and find what I want.

Thanks in advance.
09-22-07, 08:55 AM   #2
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am currently using The Royal2.1 Theme from the discord site with my Eepanels2. Although about your problems have you tryed diabling all other mods other then Eepanels2 to see if its another mod?

This is my current setup

09-22-07, 09:59 AM   #3
Xacius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Nope, havent tried that but i will give it a whirl tonight when i have more time.
09-22-07, 10:49 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Honestly, you won't get much help about the errors without providing the errors. Other than me saying mine works perfectly.

You can take the textures out of xart, sunnart, etc, or from wowtextures.com, or make your own, ....... to use with eePanels2. Check the wiki on wowace - I didn't make it for nothing.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-22-07, 01:20 PM   #5
Xacius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Interface\addons\eepanels2\cor.lua:1876:attempt to index field 'background' (a nil value)

Is the main error you see when you first log into wow, and after closing it the same error pops up when you insert a new panel. There are also errors when you try to change anything, ie the color/border/gradient etc, every single action has an error message.

I deleted my entier addon folder and redid it all and it still does it, deleted my saved variables and it still does it along with my WTF folder, so dont know whats going on.

Eepanels works perfect, Eepanels2 is nothing but errors for me.
09-22-07, 03:16 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Did you do what 0Blackmage0 suggested?
have you tryed diabling all other mods other then Eepanels2 to see if its another mod?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-22-07, 07:27 PM   #7
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Haha, sorry Disabling all other addons*** i tend to miss the "S" in that word alot dunno why

09-22-07, 07:42 PM   #8
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Xacius
Interface\addons\eepanels2\cor.lua:1876:attempt to index field 'background' (a nil value)

Is the main error you see when you first log into wow, and after closing it the same error pops up when you insert a new panel. There are also errors when you try to change anything, ie the color/border/gradient etc, every single action has an error message.

I deleted my entier addon folder and redid it all and it still does it, deleted my saved variables and it still does it along with my WTF folder, so dont know whats going on.

Eepanels works perfect, Eepanels2 is nothing but errors for me.
You aren't, mayhap, having eepanels and eepanels2 installed at the same time?
09-22-07, 10:19 PM   #9
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

can't help ya much since im fairly unfamiliar with it myself, but works fine for me. Only problem with my mods atm is cowtip disagreeing with rock config for some reason but thats a story for another time and another thread
09-22-07, 10:20 PM   #10
Xacius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Nope, havent had eepanels and eepanels2 installed at the same time. I dont know whats going on atm, tried disabling everything stil happens, it worked fine the other day, log off, log on in the morning after updating and it wont work.

so, ill just stick with eepanels instead of the eepanels2, it wont affect much other than attaching scripts to the panels does it?

Last edited by Xacius : 09-22-07 at 10:57 PM.
09-22-07, 10:57 PM   #11
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Xacius
Nope, havent had eepanels and eepanels2 installed at the same time. I dont know whats going on atm, tried disabling everything stil happens, it worked fine the other day, log off, log on in the morning after updating and it wont work.

Try first deleting everything in your wtf pertaining to eepanels2, disabling all the other mods, then logging in?
09-23-07, 12:00 AM   #12
Xacius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok, got it working. Seems my Cache folder was alllllll screwed up. Figured it out after all my recipes in my tradeskills turned into three dots I.E. : ...

Ran the repair, reinstalled works fine.
09-23-07, 06:45 PM   #13
Xacius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well, nm it worked for awhile. So heres what happened. I made a few panels, deleted them did a /reload. No problems. I made 3 panels and was playing around with borders etc getting a good base down. Time for me to go into raid, so i reset eepanels 2 and blamo, back to te core.lua error i posted before and it wont work, so uninstalling it for now because its getting annoying, eepanels is working fine.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » eepanels2 help