09-18-07, 01:42 AM   #1
Thaos
A Defias Bandit
Dead Zone Help for CT.

I'm having some troubles getting the CT Bar mod to work as I would like it to. I've set it up on a few of my different toons and I've had no issue (Warlock and Hunter to be specific). However, when I try and use the same setup with my Warrior, I run into some Dead Space issues with some of the buttons placed in the bars, making them impossible to click when positioned in a certain area of the screen.

It seems that the closer I have my additional bars to my action bar, the worse the problem gets. I've tried spacing things out a little bit as well, but many of the buttons still seem extremely unresponsive, requiring me to position my cursor just right in order to click them.

I've tried checking out CT's website but I'm unable to access the Contact Us or Forums sections of the page for some reason. Any help is appreciated.
09-18-07, 03:28 AM   #2
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
drop it and get bongos or bartender 3. much better
I used those bars a long time aswell and thought they where simple to use but the truth is that with a little patience and some logical thinking bartender and bongos both are way better and can do pretty much everything ct_bar and more
09-18-07, 02:02 PM   #3
Thaos
A Defias Bandit
Wow, Bongo's is about 1000 times easier to use and much more functional. Thanks for the tip!
09-18-07, 02:27 PM   #4
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

your welcome. Perhaps when you have worked up the nerve you can take the step to bartender3 which is even better (well i think that anyway)

bartender3 is also an ace mod which is for the most part an indication of low memory usage and very effective.
09-18-07, 02:41 PM   #5
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by malcite
bartender3 is also an ace mod which is for the most part an indication of low memory usage and very effective.
The memory and efficiency of the mod is mostly down to the author not the framework.

From what I've seen memory usage and efficiency is fairly similar for both mods so in essence you should be making your decision on the basis of functionality and preference they both have very similar customizations and imo Bongos has a better options menu which is why I use it.

So can we please move away from this "I'm going to get a mod purely based on it's framework".
09-18-07, 06:13 PM   #6
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Slakah
The memory and efficiency of the mod is mostly down to the author not the framework.

From what I've seen memory usage and efficiency is fairly similar for both mods so in essence you should be making your decision on the basis of functionality and preference they both have very similar customizations and imo Bongos has a better options menu which is why I use it.

So can we please move away from this "I'm going to get a mod purely based on it's framework".
Err, all i did was recommend it.
As for memory, true its up to the author and i didnt say that ace mod is a guaranteed way to go about it, but its a very (meaning you are less likely to get one that doesnt do what you want or give you what you want) safe and easy approach to it as there is also a wide specter of help to get to it

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Dead Zone Help for CT.