04-23-09, 11:32 AM   #21
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
replacement

I've had all of the problems described at various times with ATSW and Skillet. Either way, the original post was asking for replacement suggestions. I moved to Producer. It's simple, very easy to find what I need and the waterfall menu system versus the standard dialog window is quite nice in my opinion.

Now I'm off to check out Revelation since I've never seen it (I don't think)
04-23-09, 11:51 AM   #22
Tithulta
A Black Drake

lol thanks for the plug torhal

will take a look at it.
04-23-09, 01:35 PM   #23
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I actually wasn't referring to you as elitist, honem. If you say Skillet works, I'll take your word on it. I think I'll stick with ATSW anyway, though, since it's been updated recently. I honestly didn't see much difference in either addon besides the look of the GUI so I don't care which one I use. They are both great addons.
04-23-09, 05:49 PM   #24
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
I actually wasn't referring to you as elitist, honem. If you say Skillet works, I'll take your word on it. I think I'll stick with ATSW anyway, though, since it's been updated recently. I honestly didn't see much difference in either addon besides the look of the GUI so I don't care which one I use. They are both great addons.
Not sure why it's not working for you. Might want to try deleting your Skillet.lua saved variable and see if that works for you.

There was some reason why I didn't ASTW , some functionality missing that I could do in Skillet but not in ASTW.

I also have Bagnon and that's working fine for me.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
04-24-09, 02:03 AM   #25
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

i use TradeSkillHD

not as many options but that's why i like it.
04-24-09, 04:54 AM   #26
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

DoubleWide Tradeskills = Awesomeness. :-D That's an easy Skillet / ATSW Replacement. It's what I use, very simple, works fine with GuildAds, Ackis Recipe List, and Tooltip Mods.
04-24-09, 09:19 AM   #27
Bluspacecow

Originally Posted by Bornabe View Post
DoubleWide Tradeskills = Awesomeness. :-D That's an easy Skillet / ATSW Replacement. It's what I use, very simple, works fine with GuildAds, Ackis Recipe List, and Tooltip Mods.
Personally I like Skillet. Mostly because I can tell it make X of an item and it will queue it up and calculate the mats I need in a Shopping List.

I can then use this Shopping List along with the tooltip from Bank Items to work out where all the mats are across my characters.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
04-24-09, 09:43 AM   #28
Spiderkeg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ATSW still functions, most of the time more or less. I love ATSW, but I am of the mind that it should be blown up and rebuilt from scratch. The mod has become a series of patches to keep it working, mostly, but still suffers a lot of plagued problems since the late BC era. Constant hang ups, issues with Inscription. Some of the coding is probably dated now, but with more patches, comes more problems. Of course, I'm sure I'm stating the obvious. Still love the mod, because it's about the best we got (imo).
04-24-09, 10:08 AM   #29
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

Thanks for posting this. I was having trouble with Skillet re-arranging recipes in the window and therefore often attempting to craft the wrong item. I tried ATSW, but Trade Tabs didn't work with it. DoubleWideTradeskills works with Trade Tabs and gives me what I wanted most.
04-24-09, 11:10 AM   #30
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

You're welcome. I loved Skillet & ATSW when I used to use them.. and the drop-down menus are awesome, but I have to go 'easy' on this stuff for my Wifey and friends that rely on me to compile them UI Addon sets, so I stuck with easiest is best.

DoubleWide Tradeskills doesn't have Queuing, but it can make tons of items back to back, of the same item, so it worked out for my needs.

I'm grabbing TradeTabs now because of your post, lol. Forums be useful mon!

Anyone know some good Data Tooltip addons that have things like what crafts use the item onhover, and maybe some other extra data that's useful, without over-cluttering the tooltips? I love Auctioneer, but dropped it because of it's added mess in the tooltip, it needs an option to hold Shift or something to show it, so you can see it when you want to, and not when you don't. :-D
04-24-09, 11:20 AM   #31
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'm getting errors again with ATSW, so I'm going to try out DoubleWide Tradeskills even thought it's not really a full replacement and it just makes the window bigger. It will still serve it's purpose until ATSW/Skillet gets updated, though.

edit: Actually, before that, I'm going to try out Skillet one more time.

Last edited by Spectro : 04-24-09 at 11:27 AM.
04-24-09, 12:38 PM   #32
Bluspacecow

Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
Actually, before that, I'm going to try out Skillet one more time.
Still puzzled as to why it's working for me and not for you

Do you have Auctioneer installed ?

I do remember running into an error with Stubby just after the 3.1 patch. Stubby comes with Auctioneer.

You may also want to try the just having Stubby and a decent bug grabbing addon installed approach.

The other possibility weird as it may sound is it could be a corrupt savedvariables folder (I know like trying to figure out how your first born poop got on the ceiling). Delete any of these.

IDK I'm going to have to re examine what version I'm using.
04-24-09, 02:02 PM   #33
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

I'm grabbing TradeTabs now because of your post, lol. Forums be useful mon!

Anyone know some good Data Tooltip addons that have things like what crafts use the item onhover, and maybe some other extra data that's useful, without over-cluttering the tooltips? I love Auctioneer, but dropped it because of it's added mess in the tooltip, it needs an option to hold Shift or something to show it, so you can see it when you want to, and not when you don't. :-D
Yay for forums!

I use Mendeleev for my data tooltip needs. I like being able to turn stuff off in the options, such as being able to show something is used in tailoring, but not the exact items that it's used to craft. There is a slightly more updated version here.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » ATSW/Skillet replacement