05-27-09, 04:34 AM   #1
Nyr
A Defias Bandit
Error Msg

Big error msg i got and i dont know why, i also dont have (x86 lol) i have (x32) (what i mean is when i click to install there isnt a x32 option and it will only let me select x86)

05-27-09, 04:56 AM   #2
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've got the same problem, but Mikma has already added a bug report http://www.mmoui.com/bugs/view.php?id=56 .
05-27-09, 07:30 AM   #3
BullZhot
A Defias Bandit
x32 = x86

Well, there is no such thing as a 86 bit operating system, and there is no such thing as a x32 processor technology. However, with the x86 technology you can have a 32 bit operating system.
Only x64 is equivalent to 64 bit operating system.

So, you would both be looking for x86 versions of everything you need, ever, until you upgrade you OS (and possibly processor if it doesn't already support x64).
05-27-09, 07:33 AM   #4
GrieverX00
A Kobold Labourer
I just resolved this problem by downloading in IE instead of Firefox.

I know, I have no idea what the browser has to do with the Java platform but it worked.
05-27-09, 08:16 AM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't think it has to do with the Java platform.

Most likely with the location of the browser cache/temp folder.
05-27-09, 08:24 AM   #6
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
I don't think it has to do with the Java platform.

Most likely with the location of the browser cache/temp folder.
I followed the directory, and found the exe it was looking for and it came up with the same error, I also found a log http://www.mmoui.com/bugs/file_downl...id=46&type=bug.

Last edited by Slakah : 05-27-09 at 08:27 AM.
05-27-09, 08:31 AM   #7
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Yeah, I am having the same error. I tried using IE but got the same error. I'm a sad panda. Was really looking forward to this.
05-27-09, 08:46 AM   #8
llyrwech
A Defias Bandit
I just solved this issue for myself. It seems I had an old copy of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable on my system. Here are the steps to solve this issue.

1. Go to Control Panel. If using Classic View, open Programs and Features. Otherwise, click "Uninstall a program" under the Programs heading in Control Panel Home.

2. Locate (if it exists) "Microsoft Visual C++ 200X Redistributable..."

3. Click on that entry and click "Uninstall" from the bar above.

4a. IF USING x86 ARCHITECTURE: Go here and download the latest version of the redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

4b. IF USING x64 ARCHITECTURE: Go here and download the latest version of the redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...4-157cfdffee4e

5. Run the file you just downloaded to install the 2008 Visual C++ SP1 Redistributable.

6. Run the Minion Downloader.

7. ...

8. Profit.

That should fix things for you. Let me know if you have further issues.

Safe Journeys,
~Llyrwech
05-27-09, 08:46 AM   #9
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
This is most likely due to a missing DLL for you guys. I need to investigate exactly which DLL it is.

Not everyone is having this problem, and it seems to be entirely comprised of XP folk of those that do have it.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
05-27-09, 09:03 AM   #10
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by llyrwech View Post
I just solved this issue for myself. It seems I had an old copy of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable on my system. Here are the steps to solve this issue.

1. Go to Control Panel. If using Classic View, open Programs and Features. Otherwise, click "Uninstall a program" under the Programs heading in Control Panel Home.

4a. IF USING x86 ARCHITECTURE: Go here and download the latest version of the redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

4b. IF USING x64 ARCHITECTURE: Go here and download the latest version of the redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...4-157cfdffee4e

5. Run the file you just downloaded to install the 2008 Visual C++ SP1 Redistributable.

7. ...

8. Profit.

Safe Journeys,
~Llyrwech
Works perfectly thanks.
05-27-09, 09:04 AM   #11
mikma
A Cyclonian

Solution llyrwech found and posted here confirmed working!

Last edited by mikma : 05-27-09 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Credit for the correct person!
05-27-09, 09:30 AM   #12
Curumtiny
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
When I click on the download link and choose Run with the option of Java Web Stat option I get the little busy for a second on my mouse pointer.. Then nothing.. I get no pop up for Vista security. I tried this in both fire fox and IE. Any suggestions?
05-27-09, 09:35 AM   #13
llyrwech
A Defias Bandit
My first recommendation, to reduce the amount of room for potential error, would be to save the file to an easily accessed location (such as your desktop) rather than running it directly on download. That way, even if it still causes issues, you don't have to click the link each time.

Try that first and run the program from wherever you save it. It may or may not solve your problem, (depending on what kind of security measures your computer has in place,) but it will be a good start.

Also, are you up-to-date on your Java Runtime? If you're not sure, go to Control Panel, click on Classic View, scroll down to Java. Open that application and click the button near the top labeled "About." If it says "Java 6" at the top, you're probably in good shape. If your version number is less than 11, it might do you some good to update it. If less than 10, that's a near certainty.

If you follow these steps and still have the issue, come on back.

Safe journeys,
~Llyrwech
05-27-09, 09:37 AM   #14
mikma
A Cyclonian

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP
05-27-09, 10:03 AM   #15
Curumtiny
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
My first recommendation, to reduce the amount of room for potential error, would be to save the file to an easily accessed location (such as your desktop) rather than running it directly on download. That way, even if it still causes issues, you don't have to click the link each time.

Try that first and run the program from wherever you save it. It may or may not solve your problem, (depending on what kind of security measures your computer has in place,) but it will be a good start.

Also, are you up-to-date on your Java Runtime? If you're not sure, go to Control Panel, click on Classic View, scroll down to Java. Open that application and click the button near the top labeled "About." If it says "Java 6" at the top, you're probably in good shape. If your version number is less than 11, it might do you some good to update it. If less than 10, that's a near certainty.

If you follow these steps and still have the issue, come on back.

Safe journeys,
~Llyrwech
Well the Java website said I had the up to date version. So I decided to go to Control Panel, Classic View, Programs and remove the Version 13 I had. Then I went back to Java Home page and re-downloaded the update for version 13. That fixed my issue. So I just followed the information you posted above for fixing the other error.
05-27-09, 03:23 PM   #16
Nyr
A Defias Bandit

7. ...

8. Profit.

Safe Journeys,
~Llyrwech
yes it worked for me 2 thanks alot mate!!
05-27-09, 05:03 PM   #17
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

7. ...

8. Profit.

~Llyrwech
Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish that I could be. And I can fly higher than an eagle, 'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Thank you for a good solution.

05-27-09, 06:36 PM   #18
llyrwech
A Defias Bandit
XD Most glad to provide. And, might I say, you do a remarkable Bette Midler impersonation, there!

Safe journeys,
~Llyrwech
05-28-09, 08:15 AM   #19
Wikwocket
A Theradrim Guardian
Unhappy

I wanted to post that I also used llyrwech's solution and it worked for Minion; however, upon my next reboot AVG Antivirus stopped working.

Apparently AVG Antivirus needs the 2005 version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable... it would not work for me with the 2008 version. I am not sure if you can have both versions installed at the same time.

Fortunately, after Minion was installed, I could uninstall the 2008 Redistributable and reinstall the 2005 one, and now both programs work.

Here are some threads with a little more information:
http://forums.software.com/softhelp/...pict14270.html
http://www.techsupportforum.com/netw...correctly.html

Last edited by Wikwocket : 05-28-09 at 08:18 AM.
05-28-09, 03:33 PM   #20
Lucar
A Defias Bandit

OMG!!! I have the Bug Big MSG

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Error Msg