07-03-08, 07:48 PM   #1
banjerkid
A Kobold Labourer
vent?

hey guys, i dont know if this is possible or easy or anything, but is there a way to make ventrilo in game, so you dont have to use it in a seperate window or minimize the game? my pc isnt fast enough to do that so i would really like it if someone could create a mod like that.

sincerely,

Banjerkid
07-03-08, 09:00 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, the game cannot interact with anything outside of it. But perhaps you can convince your guild of using the built in voice-chat feature.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-03-08, 09:06 PM   #3
Slayth
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
window'd mode
07-03-08, 09:16 PM   #4
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
built in voice chat = fail for 9/10 of the people i talk to
07-03-08, 10:03 PM   #5
Sojik
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Ventrilo has a feature to make a screen overlay and there are programs to do this aswell, if you need this to know who's speaking
07-03-08, 11:09 PM   #6
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Eas View Post
built in voice chat = fail for 9/10 of the people i talk to
So true. I put my outbound on 250% or w/e the max is, and people still only hear me as a whisper, I'll be yelling, and they tell me to speak up. Micless atm though, so I guess it doesn't matter to me. :P

There used to be an Ace addon that was a Fubar module (eta: it might have been called VoiceFu...), it was supposed to show who was talking in Ventrilo or Teamspeak. I never used it, though, so idk if it worked as intended, and I don't think that would be allowed/would work anymore anyway.

Last edited by Nynaeve : 07-03-08 at 11:52 PM.
07-05-08, 09:10 AM   #7
Sec
A Cyclonian

Some video cards cannot support Ventrilo's built in overlay feature. This may be what banjerkid is referring to.

Here's an additional program that you can run with Ventrilo, so that you can see who's talking while still playing in a regular, fullscreen mode of WoW.

http://www.voice-overlay.info.ms/

I have no idea what happened to the project author, though I guess the program works fine.

I've used it briefly without having any problems.
08-23-08, 06:58 AM   #8
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Nynaeve View Post
So true. I put my outbound on 250% or w/e the max is, and people still only hear me as a whisper, I'll be yelling, and they tell me to speak up. Micless atm though, so I guess it doesn't matter to me. :P

There used to be an Ace addon that was a Fubar module (eta: it might have been called VoiceFu...), it was supposed to show who was talking in Ventrilo or Teamspeak. I never used it, though, so idk if it worked as intended, and I don't think that would be allowed/would work anymore anyway.
Voice fu worked on the principal of, if you bind the same key to PTT in game to the addon then when you press it then ingame will also recive the action and place your name in the "Whos Talking?" Area... The problems that i can see with this right off the bat is there is no way to have the game know what channel your in therefore you could be talking to some people in the " WTF UBER PVP" chan while some other people are in the "My Pony Palace RP Room" chan and you would still get messages about them talking

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » vent?