02-21-12, 07:24 PM   #1
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
simple countdown timer?

Does anyone know of a simple countdown timer?

A search for countdown or timer results in a ton of spell and cooldown timers and such, but I'm just looking for a basic timer addon that allows me to punch in some minutes, have it countdown, and give me some audible tone or screen flash when it runs out. A "pizza timer" or "oven timer" as it were.
02-21-12, 07:48 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

This feature is part of the default UI. Click on your minimap clock to access it. You can set a timer, and it will play a sound and show a message in the raid warning frame when it's up.
02-21-12, 09:49 PM   #3
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
This feature is part of the default UI. Click on your minimap clock to access it. You can set a timer, and it will play a sound and show a message in the raid warning frame when it's up.
Yeah I've been using the alarm clock somewhat, but I'm looking for something a bit more robust then just an alarm. I want a stopwatch type countdown timer - kind of a cross between the stopwatch and the alarm in game - so I can see where the timer is at at any moment.
02-21-12, 10:15 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'm not in game atm, but I thought it was a stop-watch and not just an alarm. No?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-21-12, 10:32 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

There is also a stopwatch, but I don't remember offhand how you're supposed to access it, and won't have any access to the game until Thursday night.

Just type "/run Stopwatch_Toggle()" to access it until someone can point out the normal method.
02-21-12, 11:38 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Found it: http://www.wowpedia.org/MACRO_stopwatch
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-22-12, 01:56 AM   #7
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

The OP wants something similar to the stopwatch, but it needs to countdown (from a specified duration) instead of counting up (its default behavior). However, it looks like its actually possible to do this with the built-in stopwatch as Seerah has pointed out.
02-23-12, 01:52 AM   #8
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Ooo that will work, thanks! No screen flash or fanfaire when it expires but it'll do the job.
02-23-12, 05:50 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Here is an addon that modifies it's behavior, too.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Stopwatch.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » simple countdown timer?