04-11-07, 03:15 AM   #1
darko265
A Cyclonian

auto select

i'm not sure whether it been created but i searched and no sign of it

my idea is that in instances and suchlike if a plyer's health went below 1/2 in your party it would alert you or auto select that char

plz post reply either if you think it terrible idea or gr8 idea?

i still such a low lvl

Withren is my main now because i give up on characters very easy but it's just i found tirant boring as a paladin (i'm sure some people think they're great but they're not for everybody)

I now love hunters
04-11-07, 05:55 AM   #2
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I imagine that the auto select factor would have been disabled by blizz in their recent patch that disabled all mods that 'think'
04-11-07, 07:09 AM   #3
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Debz
I imagine that the auto select factor would have been disabled by blizz in their recent patch that disabled all mods that 'think'
Yup.

As far as "Alert," what do you want? I know of addons that flash red, I know it's possible to throw a huge "HEAL XXXX NOW!!" in the middle of your screen, I know it's possible to play a sound. What do you want exactly?
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
04-11-07, 12:59 PM   #4
darko265
A Cyclonian

well.... exactly....
if a person's health is low and say you're in an instance then i thought it would be good if it would either alert you or select it automaticly without clicking any buttons and you could cast the healing spell quite easily:therefore saving the time of clicking on them with the possibility of them dieing and the whole group dieing

i still such a low lvl

Withren is my main now because i give up on characters very easy but it's just i found tirant boring as a paladin (i'm sure some people think they're great but they're not for everybody)

I now love hunters
04-11-07, 01:26 PM   #5
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
As far as I know blizzard disabled this.

Mods cannot change your target nor can mods modify macros while in combat. Thus the removal of auto healers or button spamming to heal the person who needs it most. My advice is to learn your hotkeys (for partying) or get raid frame mods that allow you to filter and see certain characters that really need your healing.

If you need a mod to do your job, get a new job.
04-12-07, 05:09 AM   #6
darko265
A Cyclonian

i am a paladin and i usually tank but i occasionally i heal...i good at it and i just thought it would be easier but thanks for your help and i understand now that addons that think for themselfs are out of the question

thx for your opinions

just one more thing:i don't know anything about the hotkeys and if any1 could explain that would be gr8

i still such a low lvl

I now love hunters

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » auto select