02-26-09, 11:25 PM   #1
Aanolann
A Defias Bandit

Talking Achievement Gratz

With WotLK, the new achievements are pretty cool, but the trend for telling your guildees "Gratz man! You just caught 25 fish!" is pretty annoying. Its really no big deal, but you always seem like an ass if you are the only one not being a supportive guildee. Some addon that detected guild and party achievements nd auto congradulated them would be pretty cool. And if you took it really far, had some witty phrase to go with it based on the type of achievement. I.E. So-and-so just go the [Explored Wherever] Achievement, and the addon saw "explored" and said "These boots are made for walkin, and thats just what you did! Grats!" That would be a nice auto response so I could go on with my daily questing.

Laziness for the win.

And for the lazy and/or extremely user friendly coder, allow users to put in thier own quips so you don't have to come up with them yourself!
02-27-09, 12:13 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tzer4Juju.html

There is another one around, but I can't seem to find it atm.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-27-09, 12:32 AM   #3
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Than I guess I'm an ass since I never say gratz when people lvl or get an item or complete an achievement. Call me strange but just recieving those milestones should be fulfilling enough.

Sadly though I cant help you on your addon search.

- Winston Churchill
02-27-09, 04:16 AM   #4
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I only grats on significant achievements and levels (like, say, 80... or getting 50 pets). Grats-ing everyone for every achievement and every level just dilutes the value of it. Using an addon to do it for you just sends the message "I don't care enough to type out a reply myself, but hey I at least took 15 seconds to install an addon so that it looks like I care." Seriously, when 6 people all auto-grats with the same or nearly the same comment within a second of someone getting an achievement... it's just tacky.

Yea, I guess that makes me an ass too. If you really care, take a moment to type out a sincere message.
02-27-09, 04:54 AM   #5
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
huhu its like auto /emote hey need help, and bam you're dead LOL, better to shut up & run! ;D
02-27-09, 06:06 AM   #6
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
Grats-ing everyone for every achievement and every level just dilutes the value of it.
My girlfriend had me playing an online word game about 10 years ago. After a few months I grew extremely tired of reading the obligatory "Good job!" and "Thank you!" every round, and stopped playing entirely because people decided to be offended when I didn't participate in the lemming-fest.

Saying "grats" to every achievement or every level is much the same way - verily annoying and only serves as a superficial ego stroke.
02-27-09, 05:17 PM   #7
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
I have to agree with the majority here ...

1)It's not really important to gratz on every little thing ...
2)As stated by other's .. an auto-reply is not only lazy it shows you don't really care.

If everyone installed the addon you describe then how special of a gratz would it be if everyone said the same canned message at the exact same time.

But hey .. that's you .. I'd rather just take the 3 secs to type it myself.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Achievement Gratz