08-15-08, 08:37 AM   #1
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A cool idea.....

Well i was wondering which i don't think i have found one yet... but like a WoW Interface editor where you don't have to know "Code" to use it. Kinda like the eePanels but not... don't know how else to put it lol .

If there is a WoW Interface Editor that doesn't rely on other add-ons to work i would appreciate a link to it .

Thanks in advance and if this isn't created yet or up to date i hope this gives a MOD Author a good idea .

Rabbit
08-15-08, 10:24 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'm sorry, but I think you're going to have to try giving more detail. Like, what do you mean by "Interface editor"? And what do you want to accomplish exactly?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-15-08, 11:06 AM   #3
Codermik
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I'm sorry, but I think you're going to have to try giving more detail. Like, what do you mean by "Interface editor"? And what do you want to accomplish exactly?
I think he means a WYSIWYG application where he can drag and drop components such as PlayerModel to a frame and the code be done for him behind the scenes... a bit like Dreamweaver and other programs which do all the HTML coding in the background except in this instance he wants the XML and LUA done for him.

Correct me if im wrong
08-15-08, 12:45 PM   #4
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Softrix View Post
I think he means a WYSIWYG application where he can drag and drop components such as PlayerModel to a frame and the code be done for him behind the scenes... a bit like Dreamweaver and other programs which do all the HTML coding in the background except in this instance he wants the XML and LUA done for him.

Correct me if im wrong

This sounds like it was explained better than myself . Where you don't have to do any code what so ever... You just load up WoW with that add-on in and you can just drag say the player frame for Example where you can edit Graphics borders etc... in an easier User Friendly manner .

Same thing with action bars mini maps all that stuff . There are some add-ons out there that can so something similiar but it is rather a pain to do so.
08-15-08, 01:31 PM   #5
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
For another example.

You have a folder in the Add-on Called Border Texture... and another folder for Bar textures...etc etc..

You load up wow.... with that add on on... login and you bring up the Config menu.

You choose Edit Player Frame.... now a new config appears that lets you edit the Shape.... Border Texture, Bar Background Texture everything, Character Image Graphic etc..etc... from the Images you put into those Folders before loading wow from a mini drop down menu.

the borders and such can be placed i that specific folder to be able to be chosen automaticly with the In-Game Config making it MUCH easier to edit Frames of Blizzards orginal UI even or Add-on whatever you choose to match the them with the theme of the UI you are creating .

if a more clear example needs to be made lemme know . Would you think this is doable... i don't know code so i abviously can't make but i am sure there is somebody that could . Whatcha think ?
08-17-08, 06:17 AM   #6
dragonclaw7000
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

There was an addon before who could do this. Discord
But I don't think its supported anymore :/
08-17-08, 10:10 AM   #7
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by dragonclaw7000 View Post
There was an addon before who could do this. Discord
But I don't think its supported anymore :/
Couldn;t be more wrong.

http://worldofmodcraft.com

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » A cool idea.....