Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01-20-10, 05:53 PM   #1
deke913
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
a web site hacked

I was reading on their site that they had been hacked and they presumed that several email addresses were compromised.

Well I would like to confirm that this is true as I received a fake blizzard email today which was probably the most professional phishing attempt I've ever seen in my 5yrs of playing Wow.

All of the url was perfect and had no errors whatsoever from a normal blizz email!

I'm posting this for anyone who has an account with curse ..beware. Delete the email and go to the blizzard website thru your normal channels do not use the link in the email that says "click here".

The email stated that my password had been changed recently and to verify that it was me I needed to "click here" but everything else including the url was spot on perfect. Even the wording was an exact copy of the blizz support emails. Hope this helps someone.

*fyi I did not fall for it as I am well aware of how these things work and it had to be thru my curse email as I never download torrents or go to **** sites because I am a bible thumping christian. I have about 6 sites I go to daily and those are the only sites I go to, I have no kids and no one else uses this computer. Much love and peace

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » a web site hacked