03-17-13, 06:19 PM   #1
Spazzyshammy
A Defias Bandit
Quest Tracking Arrow vanished =/

As stated in the subject, my tracking arrow has vanished. Lol. I have no clue as to where it has gone! I know there used to be a reset option, to reset carbonite to get it back and/or load the settings from another character who I knew for sure had the arrow and it worked properly. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but being that I am partially blind that little arrow does help me quite a bit.

Thank you in advance for any help =)

By the way.. I love carbonite, have used it for quite a while.. And is so super happy that Rythal is keeping it alive =D (lot less buggy now too =D )

03-18-13, 02:05 AM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This might seem silly, but are you tracking the quest? (the little white dot next to the quest in the watch panel)
If the quest dot is not selected then you won't get the arrow.
Also if the dot is orange then you need to do a /reload in the zone the quest is for. This will load the quests for that zone.

There is a way to reset the arrow's position, but I can't for the life of me remember how to do it..

I'm sure there is an option to turn it on and off too. (it's been a long night and I'm tired lol)

03-18-13, 11:02 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Look at your Quest Watch header. Is the Purple button BRIGHT PURPLE? If it is not, simply click on it to change its' state.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

03-20-13, 12:02 PM   #4
Spazzyshammy
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
This might seem silly, but are you tracking the quest? (the little white dot next to the quest in the watch panel)
If the quest dot is not selected then you won't get the arrow.
Also if the dot is orange then you need to do a /reload in the zone the quest is for. This will load the quests for that zone.

There is a way to reset the arrow's position, but I can't for the life of me remember how to do it..

I'm sure there is an option to turn it on and off too. (it's been a long night and I'm tired lol)

Thank you JimJo.. It is silly yes =P but it fixed my problem >.<
Occassionally I've had this problem but clicking the purple button (mentioned by Jeffy above) has helped. This time it was on. The WHITE button however.. I've never, in all the time using carbonite, have had to click the white button, and to be honest I didn't know there was one LOL.

And yes there was a way to reset the tracking arrow in the "tracking HUD" menu.. BUt the reset button isn't there anymore.

Thank you for the help.. Much appreciated =D

*hugs*

03-20-13, 12:13 PM   #5
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

I'm glad to have helped.

It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside lol

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Tracking Arrow vanished =/