AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Glorious unknown interface [pic]

Anyone know where this is from?

Looks really badass
10-17-09, 12:12 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You forgot to attach the picture to your post.
10-17-09, 12:38 PM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

That UI has popped now and again, however I think it's a custom interface that has not been released on any US/EU WoW fansite.

While some of the artwork is "neat" (such as the Micro Button" idea), it's way too cluttered for my taste (most of the Broker plug-ins should be hidden or on a Carousel display). Some of the artwork does not really fit any theme (such as the dude packing the automatic weapon on the left).

The creator of that UI really needs to figure what kind of a theme he/she wants then aim for it. As it stands, it reminds me to much of many Asian TV shows, lots of loud graphics and "bling". Thank you NHK, GXT and CCTV 9 for those shows.

Last edited by Zyonin : 10-17-09 at 12:44 PM.
10-17-09, 12:40 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
That UI has popped now and again, however I think it's a custom interface that has not been released on any US/EU WoW fansite.
What UI? There's no picture attached.
10-17-09, 12:42 PM   #5
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

/pssst PETRAH!
There IS a pic...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
10-17-09, 12:43 PM   #6
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
What UI? There's no picture attached.
I can also see the picture just fine. It's got ALOT of info on the screen but some of the elements are really, really interesting. Big Player Unit frame but still has quite the cool factor.
10-17-09, 12:44 PM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
/pssst PETRAH!
There IS a pic...
Not on my screen there's not lol. My system security must be blocking it, or where it's being linked from has something harmful there.

/hugs her system security.
10-17-09, 12:47 PM   #8
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Likely the best place to look for that UI is over at WoWUI.cn

http://www.wowui.cn

This is a legitimate WoW UI site where much of the Traditional and Simplified Chinese localizations for many major AddOn projects is done. This site hosts those Chinese versions and is not a front for some phishing or gold farming operation.
10-17-09, 12:49 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's posted at tinypic. But here it is as an attachment. You've probably seen it a few times, as Lykofos pointed out, it's been passed around a lot in the past year or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whz1mw.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	866.9 KB
ID:	3499  
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-17-09, 12:51 PM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Likely the best place to look for that UI is over at WoWUI.cn

http://www.wowui.cn

This is a legitimate WoW UI site where much of the Traditional and Simplified Chinese localizations for many major AddOn projects is done. This site hosts those Chinese versions and is not a front for some phishing or gold farming operation.
Apparently something there was reported, researched, and found to be a nasty. It's either being blocked by OpenDNS or my host file.
10-17-09, 12:52 PM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
It's posted at tinypic. But here it is as an attachment. You've probably seen it a few times, as Lykofos pointed out, it's been passed around a lot in the past year or so.
Thank you, Seerah!

Dang, that's a busy layout lol. Nice, but busy.
10-17-09, 12:54 PM   #12
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

Apparently something there was reported, researched, and found to be a nasty. It's either being blocked by OpenDNS or my host file.
Your security is most likely blocking a geobraphical area .... the .cn?

First time I've seen the UI..it's got me thinking (rare thing)
10-17-09, 12:54 PM   #13
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Not by OpenDNS as I use OpenDNS for my DNS lookup. Nor has StopBadware (who supplies Firefox's built in site catcher) or Google has flagged this site. Likely the generator of your hosts file flags all .cn sites which in theory is not a bad idea as many phishing sites (in particular for WoW) originate from .cn domains.

However WoWUI.cn is legit and has been around for a long time. They are the Curse or WoWInterface for the Chinese/Taiwanese WoW communities. As I said before, WoWUI.cn supplies most of the Traditional and Simplified Chinese localizations for WoW AddOns that are hosted on other WoW sites such as WoWInterface, Curse, WoWAce and WoWUI.Incgamers.

Last edited by Zyonin : 10-17-09 at 12:59 PM.
10-17-09, 12:58 PM   #14
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Not by OpenDNS as I use OpenDNS for my DNS lookup. Nor has StopBadware (who supplies Firefox's built in site catcher) or Google has flagged this site. Likely the generator of your hosts file flags all .cn site which in theory is not a bad idea as many phishing sites (in particular for WoW) orginate from .cn domains. However WoWUI.cn is legit and has been around for a long time. They are the Curse or WoWInterface for the Chinese/Taiwanese WoW communities.
It's not the site itself that's being blocked.. I can get there just fine in Firefox. Something about the link the op posted set off my security. There's 129,195 addresses being blocked in my host file, and without knowing the exact link address I have no idea why it was blocked. No matter... Seerah was kind enough to post it.
10-17-09, 01:01 PM   #15
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I really like the icon concept the author used, like for the micro menu (character, skill, talent, etc...), and I don't think I've seen anyone else do that on any other UI I've seen.

However, it seems that the person went "I like this, and this, and this," with his/her various elements with no thought of how they worked together. But really, if you like looking at it, that's all that matters XD.
10-17-09, 01:02 PM   #16
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

It's not the site itself that's being blocked.. I can get there just fine in Firefox. Something about the link the op posted set off my security. There's 129,195 addresses being blocked in my host file, and without knowing the exact link address I have no idea why it was blocked. No matter... Seerah was kind enough to post it.
In that case, it was something about Tinypic's URL that was causing the issue.

The URL of the screenshot in the OP's post: http://i36.tinypic.com/whz1mw.jpg

It had nothing to do with WoWUI.cn.

Originally Posted by sakurakira View Post
I really like the icon concept the author used, like for the micro menu (character, skill, talent, etc...), and I don't think I've seen anyone else do that on any other UI I've seen.

However, it seems that the person went "I like this, and this, and this," with his/her various elements with no thought of how they worked together. But really, if you like looking at it, that's all that matters XD.
Yah that was my impression too, even way back when I first saw it some time last summer.
10-17-09, 01:07 PM   #17
Obviousdwarf
A Murloc Raider
thank you all! i'll start looking for it immediately on the site mentioned by lykofos

google translate ftw
10-17-09, 01:11 PM   #18
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

In that case, it was something about Tinypic's URL that was causing the issue.

The URL of the screenshot in the OP's post: http://i36.tinypic.com/whz1mw.jpg

It had nothing to do with WoWUI.cn.

OpenDNS is blocking it.

"Site blocked by OpenDNS. i36.tinypic.com is not allowed on this network."

I can change this for my IP, but it'll stay blocked for the other two computers (in use by my children).

Edit: I can see the pic in the ops post now.

Last edited by Petrah : 10-17-09 at 01:20 PM.
10-17-09, 01:21 PM   #19
Obviousdwarf
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs down

great, neither google translate or babblefish wants to translate it.

this is going to take a while
10-17-09, 01:27 PM   #20
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

OpenDNS is blocking it.

"Site blocked by OpenDNS. i36.tinypic.com is not allowed on this network."

I can change this for my IP, but it'll stay blocked for the other two computers (in use by my children).

Edit: I can see the pic in the ops post now.
Mmeh, I don't know what the issue is with Tinypic, could be an issue with a rogue advert, I don't know as I have NoScript to deal with those issues and I don't let scripts for ads run. I don't mind seeing ads, I just don't like them running scripts and the havoc those scripts cause. Having issues with rogue Adverts can land a site on the block list, a few WoW sites have run into this issue in the past.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Glorious unknown interface [pic]