Martinus
An Aku'mai Servant
You rock 8)

Can't wait to see it.

10-24-08, 10:01 PM   #1322
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation nUI Beta 3 -- Alpha 3.00.04 closed test release has just been e-mailed...

I have just sent the last planned close test period update via e-mail to all of nUI's supporters and language translators. This update should fix the problem with lib-Jostle causing the Bliz frames to reappear when zoning. It also addresses the problem of the new Warlock “Metamorphosis” shapeshift form coexisting with the Lock’s pet. Several other key bug fixes are included.

Unless a major problem is uncovered between now and tomorrow night, the next update will be a public release sometime Saturday evening.

If you find any problems in this release that are not documented below, please post your bug report at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...d.php?p=106688 if at all possible. Otherwise, you are welcome to post your bug report on any of nUI’s comment pages at WoWUI, Curse or WoWInterface or e-mail me directly at [email protected]

I expect to make the Beta 3 public this Saturday and will immediately begin work on a Beta 4 which will be developed specifically for the release of WotLK and made public on November 13th when WotLK goes live. Beta 4 will be available to nUI supporters and language translators only as a closed test (via e-mail only) for use on the WotLK test realms between this Saturday and November 13th. During this time I will not be adding any new features to Beta 3... only doing bug fixes. After WotLK goes live *then* I'll start adding new features, the other raid panels, etc... all in the WotLK compatible version of nUI.

As a matter of record, the Beta 4 is and will be backward compatible with the 3.0.2 patch on the live realms, so those who are receiving the Beta 4 updates via e-mail will be able to use that release both on the test realm and the live realms at the same time and will be ready for WotLK as soon as it goes live without having to fight for bandwidth to download the nUI update on November 13th.

Finally... please note this is a WoW 3.0.2 compatible alpha pre-release version of nUI and is *not* yet available for public download. This version is available only via direct e-mail to nUI's supporters. As always, my sincere thanks to all of nUI’s supporters for their help, their donations and their feedback… it’s the users that make nUI great, I just write the code!

How you can help support nUI's continued development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?! Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Spec browsing is returning unreliable results

* (de)buff helpful/harmful logic appears to be broken

* Right clicking a unit frame and selecting "set focus" taints in combat

* Click-casting buttons 4 and 5 do not work on unit frames

* Ready check icons are not working in unit frames

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

* Titan panel mouseover tooltips are not compatible with nUI's fixed position
tooltip option

To-Do List / Planned features

* Move the default location of the party loot popup... it inteferes with the dashboard

* Add WotLK features (vehicle panels, etc.) prior to 11/13/08 release of WotLK

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add keybindings for button bag, unit panel, info panel and hud layout buttons

* Add bongos style keybinding feature to action buttons

* Add automatic unit panel switching for raids/parties, etc. (and an override option)

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

* Add option to set location precision to zero decimal places on coordinate display

* Add target marking tool a la LuckyCharms

* Add a swing timer

Version 3.00.04 (Alpha)

* Fixed an error where non-English versions of nUI were throwing an error in the
slash command module

* Changed display of stance bar, pet bar and possession bar to allow for the new
Warlock Metamorphosis shapeshift so that both the Lock's stance bar and pet bar
can display at the same time

* Changed how the default Bliz frames that nUI replaces are managed in order to work
around a new bug introduced by FuBar and the Ace library lib-Jostle which caused the
Bliz bars to reappear when the player zoned

* Fixed display of the autocast enabled shine on the pet action bar frame

* Fixed an error that caused the micro-menu buttons to become detatched from the
upper console in some situations

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 10-24-08 at 10:07 PM.

10-25-08, 01:19 AM   #1323
Zinazeri
A Murloc Raider
Edit: I like the change. It is a little crowded, but it works for me.

Just got the e-mail from you, so I look forward to installing the latest version. One item to note, though. The 'lock metamorphosis problem can also affect balance druids. If a druid is in Moonkin form and summons treants, he can have the same issue. The biggest time this would be a problem is when I summon the treants, heal myself (thus breaking Moonkin) and try to go back into Moonkin form.

I will check it out with the new release and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks again for all of your wonderful work.

Last edited by Zinazeri : 10-25-08 at 01:38 AM.

10-25-08, 10:08 AM   #1324
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation Need an English to Korean Translator...

I'm looking for someone who can translate English to Korean for me so I can get nUI localized for Korean players. If anyone out there reading this can do that, please drop me an e-mail at [email protected] so I can send you the files for translation.

Thank you.

10-25-08, 11:57 AM   #1325
Doomlord
A Theradrim Guardian

Saturday!?!

You said you'd release this Saturday . As far as i know it is Saturday , and it won't be for very long I am almost crying at the looks of my interface without nUI

10-25-08, 01:19 PM   #1326
Sniperfox
A Murloc Raider
Be patient, and theres time zones.

10-25-08, 01:57 PM   #1327
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Stable release is more important then meeting deadlines, a la Blizzard

10-25-08, 02:09 PM   #1328
Doomlord
A Theradrim Guardian

Patience ? You can't be patient with these kind of goodies. I'm like a kid in a Candy Store !!!

10-25-08, 02:21 PM   #1329
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation nUI Beta 3 -- First Public Release 3.01.00 has just been uploaded...

This is the first publicly available release of nUI Beta 3 -- A WoW 3.0.2 compatible version of the nUI user interface replacement mod.

Please note this is beta code and is known to have some issues. Please review the patch notes and should you find any errors which are not already documented, I would ask that you post your bug reports on the official nUI support forum board at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...d.php?p=106765 -- If you are unable to post there, you can also post bug reports on any of the nUI comment boards at WoWUI, Curse or WoWInterface or e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Finally, as I have explained before, but for the sake of absolute clarity: With this public release I am now beginning development of Beta 4 which is the WotLK compatible version of nUI. Beta 4 will be available via direct e-mail to nUI supporters and language translators only between now and November 13th at which time Beta 4 will be made available for public download. Beta 4 *is* backward compatible with the current WoW patch and can be used both on the live realms and the WotLK test realms. Those who are participating in the Beta 4 test program will already have the WotLK compatible version installed and running when WotLK goes live and will not have to deal with the bandwidth crush that will follow the release. In the meantime, I will be doing *no* new development on Beta 3, only bug fixes.

How you can help support nUI's continued development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?!

Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

Known Issues:

* Spec browsing is returning unreliable results

* (de)buff helpful/harmful logic appears to be broken

* Right clicking a unit frame and selecting "set focus" taints in combat

* Click-casting buttons 4 and 5 do not work on unit frames

* Ready check icons are not working in unit frames

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

* Titan panel mouseover tooltips are not compatible with nUI's fixed position
tooltip option

To-Do List / Planned features

* Move the default location of the party loot popup... it inteferes with the dashboard

* Add WotLK features (vehicle panels, etc.) prior to 11/13/08 release of WotLK

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add keybindings for button bag, unit panel, info panel and hud layout buttons

* Add bongos style keybinding feature to action buttons

* Add automatic unit panel switching for raids/parties, etc. (and an override option)

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

* Add option to set location precision to zero decimal places on coordinate display

* Add target marking tool a la LuckyCharms

* Add a swing timer

Version 3.01.00 (Beta)

* First public release of nUI Beta 3

10-25-08, 02:46 PM   #1330
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Its currently waiting approval from the file admin, hope they work on Saturdays!! Cant wait to try this out.

10-25-08, 02:49 PM   #1331
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Gaidinward View Post
Its currently waiting approval from the file admin, hope they work on Saturdays!! Cant wait to try this out.
~lol~

Yup... they do... though they do seem to be slower than usual getting it approved today. It should be there soon.

10-25-08, 04:43 PM   #1332
Zangband
A Fallenroot Satyr
cant get the normal (unstealthed) abilitys like sinister strike and so on work on rogue after you have been stealthed, seems like its stuck on stealthed ability bar even if you go out of it. hope it makes sense. keep up the good work

10-25-08, 05:02 PM   #1333
brentstabler
A Murloc Raider
rogue stealth bug

hello, if im correct i think i found a bug for rogues out/in stealth. When i go from stealth to out of stealth its fine but while im out pressing my keybind lets say 1 for instance it says must be in stealth even though my hemorrhage is an out of stealth ability and thats on non stealth bar but at the same time its stealth bar i really dont know how to explain so let me get on screenshots to show you. Now heres the best i can explain, lets say i start a duel im in stealth i press one to use my macro *which is the 1 key* which goes off just fine it uses my ability's which knock me out of stealth of course then i press 1 key again and it says the top screenshots message "Must be in Stealth" so i dont know if its a bug or what or if im just doing something wronge. And sorry for the bad grammer/spelling
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_102508_185530.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	444.9 KB
ID:	1999  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_102508_185844.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	445.7 KB
ID:	2000  

10-25-08, 05:02 PM   #1334
brentstabler
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Zangband View Post
cant get the normal (unstealthed) abilitys like sinister strike and so on work on rogue after you have been stealthed, seems like its stuck on stealthed ability bar even if you go out of it. hope it makes sense. keep up the good work
LOL got to it right before me zang ><

10-25-08, 05:05 PM   #1335
brentstabler
A Murloc Raider
another rogue combo point bug

hello again lol think i found another bug for the combo points if you know the normal blizzard UI then you know that when you use an ability as a rogue around the persons picture that your attacking the combo points add up, well if you take a look at this screenshot you'll notice that there still there also below the HUD as well. dont know if thats a bug as well or if once again im just thinking to far lol. anyhow hopefully this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_102508_190255.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	431.7 KB
ID:	2001  

10-25-08, 05:13 PM   #1336
Belszy
An Aku'mai Servant
Questions

Been playing around with this since you released it earlier today. Noticed a couple things I am not able to figure out.

Why move the mini map to right? dead center was awesome and now what is the space used for?
Global Settings for chat? Is there a way i can keep same settings for all characters ( fonts mainly and hud changes ).
Noticed the bank is bigger then blizz normal bank ( guild bank ) is there a way to make it smaller at all?

I am thoroughly impressed so far. I am going to test out hunter now to see the changes.

V/r
Bels

10-25-08, 05:26 PM   #1337
Zinazeri
A Murloc Raider
is there any difference between the one that is beta and the last alpha release?

10-25-08, 05:32 PM   #1338
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

This may have been explained somewhere else, but I can't figure out how to make things larger. I use a standard 19" monitor with 1024x768 resolution, and the buttons on everybar, the text in the chat/combat is so small. I cant hardly read it, and some of the louder buttons(graphic wise) are hard to make out.

Any help here?

Other than this one problem, I love the way its laid out, and everything else.!

10-25-08, 11:22 PM   #1339
Lackin
A Fallenroot Satyr
Addons

Hello Love your UI gave up on mazzle and loving yours. One question How can i add some addons like lighthead and Wim stuff like that. Just need to know what floder to put it in and is it possible. Thanks in advance

10-26-08, 01:11 AM   #1340
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I have also noticed a bug similar to the rogue bug. When i get zombified, i get the zombie ability bar but when i get out of zombie mode, and press my keybinding (1-10) it is still tryin to cast the zombie abilities.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement