11-16-10, 03:03 PM   #361
perenor
A Murloc Raider
I really am confused as to how this isn't toggling correctly, it works as a basic macro in the Blizzard frames and macro box. However, if I put it into a 'macro' button in Macaroons (even with no other addons running) it just doesn't work the same. It's a very basic, straight forward macro, and the icon isn't swapping accordingly.

If someone else can please try and tell me what you get, I would be very appreciative. I've mentioned this before in the comments section, and Maul or Dwargh, I'd be happy to hop on vent or in game or something and walk through it step by step if my details aren't clear. I was thinking with this latest update that it may have been fixed, but it has not.

Code:
#showtooltip
#showicon
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead] <Helpful Spell>; [harm,nodead] <Harmful Spell; [@player] <Helpful Spell>

Where <Helpful Spell> is the name of a healing spell without the "<>" marks, and <Harmful Spell> is an attack spell without the "<>" marks. I'm doing this on my druid so I'm using Rejuvenation & Wrath accordingly.

Here's what should happen (and does if I involve Blizzards /macro frame).

When I have... (each time the icon/tooltip will change accordingly and instantly)
...no target selected it defaults to casting Rejuvenation on me [@player] <Helpful Spell>
...mouseover a friendly (even if I have another target, friend or foe) it casts Rejuvenation on my mouseover target [@mouseover,help,nodead]
...target a friendly it casts Rejuvenation [helpful,nodead] <Helpful Spell>
...target an enemy it casts Wrath [harm,nodead] <Harmful Spell>

If I do this in a macro labeled Macaroon button, on it's own (I'll get into this in a moment) the icon delays changing until I actually press the button/keybind. The right spell will cast, but the icon itself won't change until the keybind/button has been 'clicked'. It's somewhat annoying because with the mouseover conditional, I like to be 100% sure at a glance that I'm about to cast the right thing (or I'd just simply hide the bar completely).

However, if I do this in an 'action ID #' labeled button, it works perfectly. Beyond that, it gets really weird when if I make a 'macro' button and an 'action ID #' button and put the exact same macro in both buttons, then the 'macro' button will work as intended. So I know it's not completely something odd about the 'macro' handler in Macaroon.

I've tested this by going onto a brand new UI set up with only Macaroon running. In my Blizzard /macro frame I have no macros at all (kind of the point of using Macaroon in my opinion). I create a new bar with Macaroon with 2 buttons and in a 'macro' labeled button I put in the above macro, in the second button I make it an "Action ID #" and test with putting the macro in and out. It does not matter if the macro is in Blizzard's /macro window.

It seems like I need to keep macros in 2 places and toggle buttons between 'macro' and 'action id'.

11-17-10, 03:28 PM   #362
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
Today's download from curse was 0 bytes. Think that might be a teensy bit smallish

11-21-10, 03:11 PM   #363
Nadras
A Murloc Raider

Pet bar and bountiful table

A little help would be appreciated not sure what setting to use for the bountiful table

Thanks
-Nadras of Uther

11-25-10, 08:19 PM   #364
Lytz
A Defias Bandit

There is a way to bind Control-Button1 and Control-Button2 (left and right mouse buttons with control modifier) to a macaroon button?
I have done it by modifying macaroon lua but I want use the interface.

11-26-10, 04:56 AM   #365
Carusun
A Murloc Raider
Is there an upper limit to how many custom bar states a bar can have? I'm trying to set up bars for my druid which have 3 bars per form (plus an extra three for stealth), thusly:

[nostance,mod:ctrl,mod:shift]
[nostance,mod:shift]
[nostance]
[stance:1,mod:ctrl,mod:shift]
[stance:1,mod:shift]
[stance:1]
[stance:2,stealth,mod:ctrl,mod:shift]
[stance:2,stealth,mod:shift]
[stance:2,stealth]
[stance:2,mod:ctrl,mod:shift]
[stance:2,mod:shift]
[stance:2]

(My druid is still low level, and hasn't learnt aquatic/travel form yet, so cat form is currently showing up as stance:2, instead of stance:3 as wowpedia describes)

My current issue is that the buttons for [stance:2] are showing up under the buttons for [stance:2,mod:shift], which are the same buttons as [nostance,mod:shift]. Everything else is fine.

Apologies if something similar has been discussed earlier in the thread; I went back a few pages and saw nothing similar.
Many thanks in advance for any help given

11-30-10, 11:48 AM   #366
AliasWit
A Murloc Raider
Minor annoyance:

I have the Macaroon vehicle bar placed near where my "in combat" head's up display bar (a nice arc around the character). The annoyance is that when I get into combat in the vehicle, the HUD combat bar intersects the vehicle bar, obscuring a couple of the buttons. I can easily move the vehicle bar (and have) but it feels a bit more convenient being where I originally had it. Is there someway to set the combat bar to hide while in a vehicle? Would that be a custom state?

12-01-10, 11:23 AM   #367
faile486
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Macaroon Help?

I recently took a break, and now that I'm back Macaroon is all different = ( I'm trying to figure out how to do some of the things that I loved about the old interface.

1) Saving profiles based on specs. Right now I have to completely redo my interface for each spec manually, as they won't seem to save. Very annoying. I read a thread in the FAQ about it, but it just linked to a blizzard post about how to completely reset my UI = /

2) Text cooldown timers. I don't know what happened to them, but I can't seem to find the option to enable it on macroon.

3) Vehicle bars. Right now I have to log out of WoW and disable macroon in order to use vehicles. I've tried redoing them the way I remembered from before, to no avail.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to have to switch action bar mods = (

12-03-10, 02:38 PM   #368
rakkarage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1) Saving profiles based on specs. Right now I have to completely redo my interface for each spec manually, as they won't seem to save. Very annoying. I read a thread in the FAQ about it, but it just linked to a blizzard post about how to completely reset my UI = /

you can '/mac config' right click on the bar (or select it from list, then right click it) to show settings... there is an option there to make a bar a dual spec bar.

2) Text cooldown timers. I don't know what happened to them, but I can't seem to find the option to enable it on macroon.

once in the bar edit mode you can click around till you find button edit mode... you can change text from there

3) Vehicle bars. Right now I have to log out of WoW and disable macroon in order to use vehicles. I've tried redoing them the way I remembered from before, to no avail.

ya just make a new bar give, it the states you want, pet & possessition? then left click on bar while in '/mac config' mode to change state to pet or possetion to add buttons
these buttons should be the right type and number...

12-04-10, 06:03 AM   #369
kdkunde
A Kobold Labourer
Hi,
is there a way to assign custom text to buttons instead of keybinding text? I'm using a Logitech keyboard and would like to label buttons with G1 ... G22.

Greetings
K.-D.

Last edited by kdkunde : 12-06-10 at 04:24 PM.

12-04-10, 06:11 AM   #370
Bytales
A Murloc Raider
For the LOVE of GOD.

I have tried to no avail to create a bar with buttons.

I have 4 buttons stored in the button storage.

I want them to appear exactly in the shape i have set them there on my screen in game

How in gods name do i do that ?

12-04-10, 10:02 AM   #371
faile486
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
@bytales
I think that would take two bars, one bar holding the big buttons, and one the small ones. It might even be easier to use three, one for each big button and one for the small ones.

For the first bar (big buttons)
/mac create bar
Add two buttons (lower right hand side)
Change the scale (middle, top) I'm guessing it's about a 1.3 scale, and it'll move faster if you hold the arrow down.
Change the horizontal padding (close to the button add area) I used 27.

For the second bar:
Turn columns on, then add two buttons (same area)
Adjust scaling as before, I left mine the same.

To add buttons:
Click on the bar
Click the button that says 'edit buttons'
Click on macro vault
You should be able to add the specific macros from there = )

Hope this helps!

@rakkarage

1) Yes, thankfully I finally figured that out the other day ^^;

2) Thank you so much! It finally works properly again! I needed to have some of the text options enabled to get the addons to show up as dot timers on the buttons.

3) I've managed to get a bar that has three vehicle buttons (on a 12 button bar) - aim up, aim down, and dismount. How do I get the rest to show up? I've tried deleting and recreating it a number of times.

Thanks for the help so far!

Last edited by faile486 : 12-04-10 at 10:06 AM.

12-04-10, 12:46 PM   #372
Bytales
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the help.
I managed to set the buttons the way i want for my upcoming, not yet bought, razer naga epic.
Here is a pic:

Now, how do i bind these buttons to a specific key or a key combination, wich later on i will set on the mouse when i press said buttons ?

I seem to have found this, with the bindings.
However, i have set control+1, alt+1, a, s. Just to test if it actualy works. Now how do i unbind it ? Cause i can only seem to add new binds, but deleting them seems problematic

Last edited by Bytales : 12-04-10 at 12:50 PM.

12-04-10, 01:12 PM   #373
faile486
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You unbind by hitting esc while hovering over the key you wish to unbind.

I have a naga and I love it! Very useful mouse. I only wish it worked better with healbot = ( It works perfectly with macaroon though!

12-06-10, 04:10 PM   #374
Silverwings
A Defias Bandit
Help

Everytime I log out of WOW and log back in all my profile settings are reset on every toon and I cannot load saved profiles am I doing something wrong?

12-06-10, 04:40 PM   #375
faile486
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Can anyone help me with the buttons for a vehicle bar? I've only got a couple that are correct when I create a bar and I don't know how to get the rest of them to appear.

12-06-10, 06:29 PM   #376
Bytales
A Murloc Raider
With the help of the guys posting here, i have finished my modifications of the interface. Here is how it looks like, and remeber, in 1080p, these will appear smaller.

12-07-10, 11:54 AM   #377
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by faile486 View Post
Can anyone help me with the buttons for a vehicle bar? I've only got a couple that are correct when I create a bar and I don't know how to get the rest of them to appear.
well first off, which ones are showing up, and which ones are not?

12-07-10, 11:58 AM   #378
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Silverwings View Post
Everytime I log out of WOW and log back in all my profile settings are reset on every toon and I cannot load saved profiles am I doing something wrong?
are you hitting the save button on each of the profiles? becuase, Macaroon does not (and i think, due to Blizzard's built-in restrictions, cannot) auto-save profiles when you log out, change specs, or whatnot.

12-07-10, 12:06 PM   #379
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by faile486 View Post
@bytales
3) I've managed to get a bar that has three vehicle buttons (on a 12 button bar) - aim up, aim down, and dismount. How do I get the rest to show up? I've tried deleting and recreating it a number of times.

Thanks for the help so far!
have you tried changing the rest of the buttons to be action ID buttons, with the leftmost button having the ID 121, and the next one on the right being 122, and so on?

IF i remember right, there should be a total of 6 of these action ID buttons.

i just hope i am remembering those numbers right, i'll log in and test it out, to make sure.

12-07-10, 12:12 PM   #380
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Carusun View Post
Is there an upper limit to how many custom bar states a bar can have?

/bump

i'd like to know the answer to this as well. i know its a somewhat old post, but, still, its a very good question.

removed the bulk of the quoted text, so that when i added my question to the quote, it wouldn't become tooo monstrously huge a post.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread