03-11-09, 05:12 PM   #1
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nUI: Integration [Carbonite]

Ok, so I use Carbonite, and have the mini-window off to the side. While this sounds great, I'm wondering if there were any thoughts of making it so this would be out in non-combat, but then switch to Omen during combat? I know it could be done, because there was an addon to do that for Omen(Combat) and Recount(OOC). So my question is, is this something you could add, make an option, or make a Carbonite/Omen addon? Or could I just modify your code myself and post?

-Todd

03-11-09, 05:18 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

The auto switch of Recount and Omen in combat is because they are both being displayed in one info panel by one plugin that is using rules for that. It would be very difficult to do that across two plugins.

You can, of course, just click the button, or use the key binding for it, to change panels.

One of these days I hope to add user modifiable display rules to the info panels, but I have no idea if/when that will happen.

Originally Posted by todd3835 View Post
Ok, so I use Carbonite, and have the mini-window off to the side. While this sounds great, I'm wondering if there were any thoughts of making it so this would be out in non-combat, but then switch to Omen during combat? I know it could be done, because there was an addon to do that for Omen(Combat) and Recount(OOC). So my question is, is this something you could add, make an option, or make a Carbonite/Omen addon? Or could I just modify your code myself and post?

-Todd

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-17-09, 12:23 PM   #3
gman265
Premium Member

Recently, I decided to give Carbonite a whirl. Its not bad and will take me some time to get used to, but I can't stand having the Carbonite mini map anywhere on my screen.
I noticed this nUI: Integration (Carbonite) plugin and thought this would be the answer to my problem with Carbonite. For the life of me, i can't get this thing to work. I can't even follow the instructions for the plugin because I can never get that far. I have tried a new (clean) WTF and addon folder, but no dice.

When I enable the plugin, it completely breaks nUI. All I can see is the background image and the action bars. Every other function of nUI is gone. When I get a chance I will upload a screen shot, but from reading other support threads, it sounds like you have seen this issue with other plugins and may know what I am talking about.

For now, I just disabled the plugin.

Thanks,

gman

03-17-09, 01:00 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I was having an issue with this plugin last night. I clicked on the built in nUI button to switch over from Recount to look at the Carbonite map. When I went to go back to Recount, the Carbonite map was stuck over the top of the Recount window. I ended up closing out the Carbonite minimap.

I'm using nUI 5.01.01

Let me know if you need any other information!

03-17-09, 01:17 PM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Did Carbonite get an update?

Might be that Brillynt needs to update the plugin.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-17-09, 01:26 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post

The last update I have (I normally update on the same day as they're released) is on the March 7th. I believe I snagged up the nIU Carb addon the same day it was released, too.

03-17-09, 01:58 PM   #7
gman265
Premium Member

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post

I do believe when I downloaded the Carbonite addon, the website did mention a new version. I think it is version 2.58.

You may be on to something there.

Thanks,

gman

03-17-09, 02:01 PM   #8
Doomlord
A Theradrim Guardian

Carbonite 2.58 released on 7th of March is the latest version.

03-18-09, 05:25 PM   #9
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
im running this without a hitch whatsoever ?

basically just did what the install notes told me to and ended up with perfection ?

sry i cant be more helpful...

/Smirge

03-28-09, 08:33 PM   #10
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
I have the same issue - works great once in box...but if you hit M to bring up the larger map andm again to close, it doesn't stay in the box and you have ot move it out and put it back in

Marth

03-30-09, 07:05 AM   #11
Drianna
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
I have the same issue - works great once in box...but if you hit M to bring up the larger map andm again to close, it doesn't stay in the box and you have ot move it out and put it back in
Hi, The way I got around this problem was to change my keybinding M to the original map (or mapster in my case) and this works fine. All depends on whether you can do without the functionality of the carbonite world map I suppose.

also to note - if you ensure the carbonite infopanel is visible whilst viewing the main carbonite map then the issue does not arise.

/dri

Last edited by Drianna : 03-30-09 at 07:08 AM.

03-30-09, 10:37 AM   #12
CatfishKnight
A Theradrim Guardian

Carbonite map disappearing out of lower right Panel.

I sized my carbonite map to fit the lower right panel and then there is a lock in place option. not sure where at the moment. plus i use the carbon/omen mod. It works fine for me and doesn't leave that area anymore.

Catfishknight

04-04-09, 12:29 PM   #13
Martinus
An Aku'mai Servant
Now that we can see Carbonite's code? Will we be able to create a real panel for NUI?

Martin

04-06-09, 07:53 PM   #14
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Martinus View Post
Now that we can see Carbonite's code? Will we be able to create a real panel for NUI?

Martin
Have you looked at Carbonite's code? Even without the encryption it is still heavily obfuscated. It would hurt my head to have to modify that mess.

Hopefully they plan to modularize it and make it more readable in the future. Not holding my breath though.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » nUI: Integration [Carbonite]