12-08-08, 10:25 AM   #1
Venüs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Mazzle addons dead ?

Mazzle addons dead any one update wotlk ?
12-08-08, 11:15 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MazzleUI itself has not been updated for Wrath. Its quite possible it may not be, however some people have talked about both patching it up and rewriting it. However if either scenario occurs, it will take a while.

If you want a MazzleUI like interface (as in layout and art), take a look at FreshUI.
12-10-08, 12:36 PM   #3
Mellowed
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Now awhile back i used to see "Devs only" topic, where people are actually working on the mazzle ui to be patched up and ready like before. And by the looks of everyones reply to "is it coming back" nobody really knows, meaning im assuming that NOBODY is working on this...

can someone atleast post a topic for people, to say "MazzleUI is Dead" or "Mazzle is Under Construction" so people like me, dont have to keep re-reading every single damn post, to not find a answer :P.

Moreover, can a bunch of people actually click into this? Yeah, i dont mind FreshUI, but for some reason, it just inst the same, its a look-a-like i understand, but theres alot of wierd problems with it, and i hate the manual setup, i can never get it to work, i follow every instruction written, and it dont come with both HMwindows (or whatever there called), and other wierd things.

Please people, find an issue, one at a time, and work on it, than redestablish mazzle, im begging you, id do it myself if i knew how, if i honestly had the knowledge on how to make this stuff, id LOVE to help out, unfortuantely im SUPER noob when it comes to coding. Its not my nature :P.

P.S. Im not '*****ing' nore 'crying', im just saying this as calmly as possible, and if anyone takes this offensively, please understand im not trying to sound like that at all.
12-10-08, 01:50 PM   #4
orionthehunter
Premium Member
Premium Member
I was a mazzle user and supporter for quite awhile. I moved on the ArkiveUI, and havent looked back since. You can get it here on Wowinterface.
12-10-08, 02:12 PM   #5
ewaybevinn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Ive accepted the fact that its not coming back...... nUI is where its at now. Found here on wowinterface
12-11-08, 07:11 AM   #6
orionthehunter
Premium Member
Premium Member
NUI is very nice indeed. I have tried it and I liked it. There is one issue with it. It does not support wide screen resolutions. This causes the interface to appear too scrunched up in my opinion.
12-11-08, 06:12 PM   #7
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Mellowed View Post
Now awhile back i used to see "Devs only" topic, where people are actually working on the mazzle ui to be patched up and ready like before. And by the looks of everyones reply to "is it coming back" nobody really knows, meaning im assuming that NOBODY is working on this...

can someone atleast post a topic for people, to say "MazzleUI is Dead" or "Mazzle is Under Construction" so people like me, dont have to keep re-reading every single damn post, to not find a answer :P.

Moreover, can a bunch of people actually click into this? Yeah, i dont mind FreshUI, but for some reason, it just inst the same, its a look-a-like i understand, but theres alot of wierd problems with it, and i hate the manual setup, i can never get it to work, i follow every instruction written, and it dont come with both HMwindows (or whatever there called), and other wierd things.

Please people, find an issue, one at a time, and work on it, than redestablish mazzle, im begging you, id do it myself if i knew how, if i honestly had the knowledge on how to make this stuff, id LOVE to help out, unfortuantely im SUPER noob when it comes to coding. Its not my nature :P.

P.S. Im not '*****ing' nore 'crying', im just saying this as calmly as possible, and if anyone takes this offensively, please understand im not trying to sound like that at all.
You had to have noticed by now, considering every patch broke Mazzle, that this (it dying competely) was unavoidable. My personal suggestion is to NOT look for another completion that is the "next Mazzle" but instead remember which addons you liked most about Mazzle, download them, and then create your own UI.

The second you begin relying on another person to keep your UI working and fully functional is the second you set yourself up for this type of problem. It's impossible for a UI author to make sure that their completion is 100% working for everyone all the time. Eventually the task to keep it 99.9% working will wear on them and they will either drop it or vanish completely.
12-11-08, 10:32 PM   #8
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by orionthehunter View Post
NUI is very nice indeed. I have tried it and I liked it. There is one issue with it. It does not support wide screen resolutions. This causes the interface to appear too scrunched up in my opinion.
Untrue. I use it at 1920x1200 just fine.

Marth

12-13-08, 02:42 AM   #9
Xaottic
A Murloc Raider
Sorry its mostly dead

I have made many modifications and it's working 95% for myself, though sorry I'm not allowed to release it without author's permission (And I won't unless the current restrictions miraculosly get lifted). I suggest you go look else where for another compilation.
12-16-08, 01:57 PM   #10
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't know what's up with the last two people who said they're working on it. I haven't heard from either of them in a long, long time.
12-17-08, 04:52 AM   #11
Venüs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post
I don't know what's up with the last two people who said they're working on it. I haven't heard from either of them in a long, long time.
Not working pls help Mazzlefizz need u....
12-17-08, 07:02 AM   #12
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

You know I have to agree, MazzleUI WAS a pretty nice UI when it was alive and kicking, I used it back before there were 25 some odd patches for it. (Clearly an exaggeration about the patches but you know what I mean.)

I have since moved on though, and so has alot of other people including Mazzlefizz himself. I have seen a ton of posts about people trying to get the UI going again and other posts about people trying to find other people to get it going again. You know I hate to sound cruel but if people spent the time it took posting to try to find a fix for it and instead looked at other addons/UIs you might just find a whole new world out there of addons you could download and configure the way you might like em. You may never get your UI to look like Mazzle but consider the time and effort it took for you to configure each of those addons to piece together a UI for yourself, you would have alot more pride in knowing that you have something unique that only you have. Also it will give you insight into each of the various addons you are using so that when something breaks like a button falls off here or a nob there you would have a good understanding of what addon did it and you can go check for a single update for that addon and not a whole package.

And yes I do understand that you and I are still relying on others to hopefully write and release future updates to those addons that we use in our very own UI but consider if a nob falls off it can most likely be replaced with a similar nob as opposed to having to replace the whole kit and caboodle.

Apologies for a longer post than I intended, hope it makes a fair amount of sense its a bit late here.

- Winston Churchill
12-17-08, 07:43 AM   #13
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post

What's up with all these people working on Mazzle that keep disappearing? Are you stacking up the bodies and burying them in a deep dark basement somewhere?
12-29-08, 06:06 PM   #14
Xaottic
A Murloc Raider
It's dead, dig further into the history of wotlk dev discussions. If you really want mazzle (at least parts) you're going to do what I did, fix it yourself.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle addons dead ?