05-25-09, 10:01 PM   #1
miklav
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question bug: You dont have space to track..

Upon a fresh install of nui dev 5.03.05 dev I open the quest window and shift click a quest to enable it to be tracked and I get this message.
You dont have space to track anymore objectives stop tracking some first!

Ok I have done several things here reset objectives tracking to defaults removed nui reloaded game and reset objective tracking to defaults then shut the game down.
I then have manually gone in to the wtf folder and removed any Nui files I found in saved varialbes etc.
I then reinstalled nui plus dev 5.03.05 and loaded the game with only it enabled.
I see the so and so character has been upgraded etc message I then go to the quest window and shift click the quest to track it and yet agian recieved the message.

I then go into interface options objective tracking and enabled all options there and then reloaded the game.
I then still get the same message when I go to track the quest. any quest as well not just one. via shift clicking the quest.

I then went to the argent tournament and accept threat from above.
Normally it would show it in the quest tracking frame now it does not and will not allow me to show it via shift clicking. I had this issue in the past and reloading the game with out nui resetting objective tracking to defaults then reloading game agian and set it to track advanced etc all checked and then reloaded game and had only nui loaded. it worked to resolve the issue now I am unable to resolve it.
am I missing anything?

gasp had to stop and breath after all that typing.

05-25-09, 10:43 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The issue is with the new window. I get the same error or did till i figured out why. I do not use nUI. What you have to do is enable the mouseover feature in interface options. Unlock the window and resize it. Just make it as long as it gets. Lock it and disable mouseover again if you choose. The error is basically because the window isnt large enough to display all the items you want to track and it does not autosize itself. This is of course assuming that nUI doesnt modify that window.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

05-25-09, 10:44 PM   #3
eaglepgc
A Cyclonian

I had same issue, your answer is in this thread...

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23198

05-26-09, 02:43 AM   #4
miklav
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
mouse over isnt the issue I am having I see that just fine and I have tried resizing the window moving it all over the place to no end it still will not track quests.
Like I said I had this problem before and worked around it via the steps ive listed above but this time its not having any affect.
midgetmage Ive done that to.
also a note the quest tracking window is in the original spot and according to the patch notes for this build it should be moved. I will redownload the file agian clean my game directorys of this mod and reinstall see if its maybe a corrupted download.
thanks for the replies everyone.

05-26-09, 04:11 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I tested with this a good bit yesterday with fresh installed, stale installs, moving the window all over the place, etc. I had no problems with it as coded in the 5.03.05 -- However, I did not test it with the nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap plugin, so if you're using that, it could be part of the problem. It may also be a problem if you have nUI's management of the minimap disabled as the Watch frame is actually tied to the minimap.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-26-09, 05:25 PM   #6
miklav
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok i redownloaded it cleaned my wtf directory and interface addons folders by renaming them and restarted game logged into a char and then shut the game down.

I had the stock install of nui+ dev version latest now It did the same thing with the message so I reloaded game with out nui or any other addon loaded opened the quest window with advanced tracking enabled and shift clicked it it showed up in the original spot under the minmap i then reloaded the game with nui loaded only and disabled mouse over for the tracking window in interface options then moved it to the upper left corner where I usually have moved it to in the past. I then locked it via right clicking it and in interface options checked disable mouse over.

reloaded the game shift clicked a quest and it showed up fine. not sure why or what but it works now with some moving and prodding.

EDIT: I have to do this with all my characters or I get the error message just an fyi.
Thanks for the help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » bug: You dont have space to track..