11-04-12, 03:51 PM   #1
Wowguy25
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is it possible to make changes to the default combat text?

I know there are a ton of combat text add ons but the 1 problem they all have is that the combat text is in the UI instead of in the game world. As a healer I really want to see my heals on top of whoever receives them, not in a static place. So therefore I'm wondering if it's possible to edit the font and colours of the default combat text (or if there miraculously is an add on that does not suffer from the above mentioned problem).

I'm also wondering if I can somehow get rid of the annoying proc messages like surge of light and archangel. I have other indicators for those in my UI and really don't need the text spam they produce.
11-04-12, 04:56 PM   #2
Magicalhats27
A Fallenroot Satyr

Hate to be the bearer of bad news..

Gee.. I hate the be the bearer of bad news but I want to help you with this problem. Unfortunately (I know it sucks) the combat text you see in game are formatted into the games LUA - which basically means its handled by game code. As a result, you cant actually change it with an addon - but you can alter it.

Heres another post that covers a simular topic on this forum: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...d.php?p=254880

Its explains that add-ons can only alter the games user interface and not the coding itself. On the + side if you ever want to Alter the battle text add-ons like Font Damage changer can be used (my favorite).

FDC addon: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/font-damage-changer

Anyway, I hope this helps a little. - Cheers
11-04-12, 10:33 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can change the font of the game's built-in floating combat text, but not the colors, sizes, outlines, shadows, or any other properties.

You can disable proc alerts in the default floating combat text by unchecking "Reactive Spells & Abilities" under Interface Options > Floating Combat Text.

Addons can't show replacement text over units, because addons don't have access to the screen positions of units or other objects in the 3D world. An addon could show text over nameplates, but that only works if you have nameplates turned on, and if the unit is close enough for their nameplate to show. I think MSBT has an option to attach text to nameplates.
11-05-12, 06:52 AM   #4
Wowguy25
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
You can disable proc alerts in the default floating combat text by unchecking "Reactive Spells & Abilities" under Interface Options > Floating Combat Text.
I have that unchecked already and it's still showing up. I guess this could be a bug? Is there no other way to remove it? I can get rid of it if I uncheck "Floating combat text on me" altogether but then I miss out on mana gains which I think is important. But I guess this could be an option if there is some other way to display mana gains?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Is it possible to make changes to the default combat text?