09-18-14, 06:14 AM   #1
sticklord
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The new Cooldown Text

Hello there

I've looked at the new cooldown text display for auras and actionbuttons. I've noticed that you can hide them for a specific cooldown (SetHideCountdownNumbers()), but is there a way to modify it? Like setting the font, position and text formatting? I looked at the Blizzard Interface Code, but didn't find where they actually handled the cooldown text so i guess it's controlled deeper down somewhere.

09-18-14, 09:44 AM   #2
Duugu
Premium Member

Doeshttp://wowprogramming.com/docs/widgets/Frame/GetRegions return the fontstring object?

[e]
Tried it.
Code:
/script local t = ActionButton1Cooldown:GetRegions() for i, v in pairs(t) do if t.GetText and t:GetText()then print(i, t:GetText()) t:SetFontObject("SystemFont_Tiny") end end
does work.

Seems as the cooldown frame/number is created on the fly. So don't forget to check if it exists before doing something.

Last edited by Duugu : 09-18-14 at 10:09 AM.

09-18-14, 09:59 AM   #3
sticklord
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Duugu View Post
Hm, good idea. I'll check it out.

Edit: Damn, that's quick! I'm still waiting for it to patch. But yeah, Thanks for the help! I'll probably get it to do what i want now.

Edit2: I think it's only the parent frame that's created on the fly though, like auras and stuff.

Last edited by sticklord : 09-18-14 at 12:06 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » WoD Beta archived threads » The new Cooldown Text