08-04-16, 05:07 AM   #1
melicon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Elv ui seems to be everywhere??

Hello there.

I was browsing through the compilations and I noticed a ton of them are just using elv ui.

I am not a big fan of it myself and am always looking for new ideas/addons to use but its getting harder when mostly things are just elv ui.

My question is Why are most of the compilations just elv ui...is there something about it that I am missing?
08-04-16, 06:50 AM   #2
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The only thing I can think of is it's easy to edit and change settings within the game. Plus it has a metric tonne of support AddOns.
08-04-16, 12:30 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Correct. The UIs you see here are custom versions of ElvUI. You can only get ElvUI itself on its website (and it is not included in the download of the edits found here).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-04-16, 01:11 PM   #4
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

I never used TukUI or ElvUI not because I think they are not good compilations but because I like to do my own thing, fitted to my taste and requirements.

I was always curious though as to what is the base for TukUI / ElvUI for the frames, is it oUF?
08-04-16, 01:51 PM   #5
Vraan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by neverg View Post
I never used TukUI or ElvUI not because I think they are not good compilations but because I like to do my own thing, fitted to my taste and requirements.

I was always curious though as to what is the base for TukUI / ElvUI for the frames, is it oUF?
They aren't using any other addon as a base (such as oUF), as far as I know they coded the base themselves. ElvUI and TukUI are both very customizable, I think that's why a lot of people use them. I'm a pretty big fan myself, but usually don't use the base versions. I either edit them myself or use other peoples layouts.
08-04-16, 02:24 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
They both use oUF.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-04-16, 06:37 PM   #7
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Vraan View Post
They aren't using any other addon as a base (such as oUF), as far as I know they coded the base themselves. ElvUI and TukUI are both very customizable, I think that's why a lot of people use them. I'm a pretty big fan myself, but usually don't use the base versions. I either edit them myself or use other peoples layouts.
It does to use oUF yes. But the rest of the UI is probably all custom.
It is extremely popular.

I think one of the great decisions Blizzard has made for this game was creating the API for Addons, just leads to interesting projects and choices by the community.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
They both use oUF.
I was under the idea that they used oUF since I've seen some Pull Requests from people of TukUI.
Thanks for the clarification.
08-15-16, 05:21 AM   #8
Snowfall
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Why screw around with 20 different addons when you can handle nearly everything with one single light-weight and highly customizable addon? Plus it gets fixed/updated very often, so it's even more attractive as a base for UI creators especially when they're unable to programm own stuff.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Elv ui seems to be everywhere??