12-08-11, 08:00 AM   #1
Dizzyizzy
A Murloc Raider

Noob Advice

As a new player I've just started to try Dungeons I get things wrong can you guys/gals offer me any tips on the things to aim for.

My toons are Paladin lvl 44 {draenei) Protection

Hunter Lvl 34 (human) Marksman

Rouge lvl 30 (human) Assasin

Mage lvl 17 (gnome) Fire

Any addons or macros you feel would help I will try. I have the added issue of my ISP droping packets and DCing me every 10 mins I'm hoping a replacement router will solve this.

Tnx Izzy
12-08-11, 10:10 AM   #2
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can only really give you some recommendations for one class, as I don't play the others that much.

Originally Posted by Dizzyizzy View Post
Rouge lvl 30 (human) Assasin
If possible, get a fast dagger (1.4 or 1.6) for the off hand, and a slow (1.8) one for the main hand. Both should have agility. Always use Instant Poison on your main hand, and Deadly on your off hand. Until you get Envenom, use Mutilate to 4 combo points, and then Eviscerate. At low levels, you really do not need to worry about Rupture, or Slice and Dice.

I recommend something along the lines of this spec.
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcbf0z:qZbZm

If you spend most of your time dungeoning, I'd suggest Combat over Assassination. As Combat, you'd want a slow main hand (2.6) sword, axe, fist, or mace with Agility on it, and a dagger for the off hand (at low levels, speed doesn't matter too much, but try for a 1.4). Use the same poisons as Assassination, Sinister Strike to 4 combo points, use Revealing Strike, and then Eviscerate.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fZshc0oZbZm

If you spend most of your time questing, I suggest going Subtlety up until around 80. This is the fastest questing spec out of the three for Rogues, and you can even do BGs really well with it if you want. Use Dager/Dagger like Assassination, but always open from Stealth with Ambush, and then quickly Eviscerate (you may or may not need to add in a Hemo depending on if your Ambush crit or not). Loot, and move to your next target.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fZZf0cbz:MZbZm

If you need more advice, or have more questions, ask.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
12-08-11, 10:19 AM   #3
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
first id suggest

GTFO it will inform you when your standing in stuff that can kill you.

id also suggest inline-aura this will alert you when the best time is to use certain abilities ie Counter Spell, Kick, Tranq shot etc.

For your Hunter ill suggest these

FaceShooter it will help you with your abilities by telling you what to use and when

KHunterTimers use this to keep a eye on your trap timers and other things.

For your rogue you can use this to make opening lock-boxes a bit easier

Molinari also works for prospecting, disenchanting and milling.

For your mage at its level there isnt really much you need to worry about except sheeping.

Sheep Monitor will help with that.

to help with your network issues give LeatrixLatencyFix a whirl it did wonders for me (from 500-600ms to 300-400)
12-09-11, 06:51 AM   #4
Dizzyizzy
A Murloc Raider

Thanks to the admin for putting my post in the correct section !

a new site is quite an imposing place at first I promice to try harder

Tnx for the replies I will try them out my main reason for play is to have fun but thanks to the site I'm learning new tips and ways the program works.

Cheers
12-09-11, 09:50 AM   #5
Cyn325
A Theradrim Guardian

some just general tips i can think of for when grouping are if you're the tank & have an aoe use it whenever you can with multiple mobs (people don't tend to try to attack tank's target, they just attack whatever), when tanking don't let mobs go on healer & if the healer needs mana, LET THEM GET IT!! When dpsing, let the tank pull for pete's sake!! To make things easier on the healer don't stand in stuff that hurts you, that just makes it harder for the healer since they have to try to heal everyone while still keeping the tank alive. The fights where that becomes a big issue are in the higher levels but its always a good rule of thumb to go by. I know being considerate of others in the game isn't a very common thing but from my experience when the group is considerate of the other players and everyone is able to do their part & be friendly, it just makes the game that much more fun to play. It's just a game, it should be fun!!!
12-09-11, 01:14 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Dizzyizzy View Post
Thanks to the admin for putting my post in the correct section !

a new site is quite an imposing place at first I promice to try harder
No worries! You're welcome.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Noob Advice