11-21-13, 09:00 PM   #61
Phvantom
A Kobold Labourer
THESE ARE SOO AWESOME! I'm a really big fan of Sword Art Online and when I found this while googling I just had to sign up for this site! Super stoked for you guys and thank you for making a project for this kind of UI. And if at all possible dropping a download link for us while still in development like Uppermost said would be fantastic! Anyway, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
11-22-13, 12:11 PM   #62
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You think a white/gray Aurora style woud fit with it?
http://i.imgur.com/wjcl8xX.jpg
11-22-13, 02:08 PM   #63
Ordrosh
A Theradrim Guardian
i'd say a completely white style with an orange highlight, more like what's shown in the anime would fit better.
11-22-13, 02:23 PM   #64
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Ordrosh View Post
i'd say a completely white style with an orange highlight, more like what's shown in the anime would fit better.
Thats not possible since aurora won't skin all text of wow - most of wow text is white so white text on white BG is not readable...
11-23-13, 01:59 AM   #65
Ordrosh
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Thats not possible since aurora won't skin all text of wow - most of wow text is white so white text on white BG is not readable...
suspected something like that. shame that aurora can't change font color, but I guess it wasn't meant to do that.
12-04-13, 01:43 AM   #66
TimeWastersTV
A Kobold Labourer
Got any type of update on this? I was really looking forward to this mod. Nice work so far!
12-04-13, 06:55 AM   #67
humfras
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by TimeWastersTV View Post
Got any type of update on this? I was really looking forward to this mod. Nice work so far!
Currently working on the configuration menu and frame creation.
A beta version might be available at the end of the week.
12-04-13, 08:39 AM   #68
Isilldur
A Murloc Raider

Sign me Up for the Beta!!
12-04-13, 11:58 AM   #69
Deathfanatic
A Defias Bandit
i don't know if the beta is going to be closed or open but just to be sure...
me 2 pls ^-^
12-07-13, 05:27 AM   #70
KennyGJE
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I wouldn't mind giving it a go ;D
12-09-13, 05:30 PM   #71
humfras
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
There is a very early alpha version available for download.
It features the big player and target frame and small party/arena/boss frames with a basic configuration panel (open with '/sau' ).

Link: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/swordartui/
12-11-13, 02:43 PM   #72
Ordrosh
A Theradrim Guardian
took r6 for a quick spin just now
tad of feedback: (en-us or en-gb whatever the eu-client uses)
a) its damn large , I know there is a scaling option and I am pretty sure think its sized of the screenshots earlier in the thread. at least for my personal taste it is too large
b) the descriptive text on the scale tooltip is simply wrong, likewise the descripition on the positioning tooltip could be a bit more descriptive (but neither is really an issue that needs urgent fixing, just bringing it to your attention )

I will keep an eye on it and probably keep taking the unitframes for a spin every now and then
12-11-13, 03:23 PM   #73
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

I know there is a scaling option
Then... why not just use it?
12-11-13, 03:32 PM   #74
10leej
A Molten Giant

Then... why not just use it?
Because he prefers a plug and go no config required addon I suppose?
12-11-13, 04:05 PM   #75
Ordrosh
A Theradrim Guardian
I do yes, but thats besides the point. It was just kind of the first thing that popped into my head, after loading
12-11-13, 06:31 PM   #76
humfras
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
took r6 for a quick spin just now
tad of feedback: (en-us or en-gb whatever the eu-client uses)
a) its damn large , I know there is a scaling option and I am pretty sure think its sized of the screenshots earlier in the thread. at least for my personal taste it is too large
b) the descriptive text on the scale tooltip is simply wrong, likewise the descripition on the positioning tooltip could be a bit more descriptive (but neither is really an issue that needs urgent fixing, just bringing it to your attention )

I will keep an eye on it and probably keep taking the unitframes for a spin every now and then
regarding a) and "plug and play":
I was about to write how I really feel about spending time programming a automatic scaling/sizing function while there is a end-user option to do the same for individual purposes...

Regarding visuals, it's way better scaling down than up.
Maybe I just change the default scale value.

Why should I care of people not recognizing the freedom of choice being lost when unshepherded?
If you can't afford or don't want to spend one minute configuring an AddOn someone else put hours into making to use the chance of modifying it to your liking or needs, you shouldn't request anything you can easily do by yourself.

Especially since this AddOn is in the early stage of development.

This might sound harsh but writing "I know there is a scaling option but I want everything plug&play" is just stupid.
Ignoring the options feels disrespectful to my and leila's work.
I'm sorry for being so sensitive, should get some sleep.

regarding b)
That's because it was copy/paste'd. It's more about functionality (dev/alpha stage!)
Should be fixed asap.

Bug reports and additions/feature requests are welcome.

Last edited by humfras : 12-12-13 at 02:07 AM.
12-12-13, 02:52 PM   #77
Ordrosh
A Theradrim Guardian
It wasn't my intention to stomp on anyones foot with what I wrote yesterday, if it did come across as such, I do apologise.

did play around with it a bit more today and so far it does what its meant to do.
no errors appeared in bugsack which is good...
though a few questions arose:
hiding default unitframes is disabled for developing to make sure the frame behaves as it needs to ?
pet, target of target frames and rightclick on frames for the 'contextmenu' are still on the todo list ? if not please do take this as a feature request
suggestion: groupwide setting presets at least for style, colors and probably a few more options I think would be nice to have once you are getting closer to something you deem finished
about that + icon on the target frame, what does it represent ? I remember there being a design idea for role icons a page or 2 back those related ?

will check a release again in a day or 2. keep up to good work
12-12-13, 03:19 PM   #78
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

1 hiding default unitframes is disabled for developing to make sure the frame behaves as it needs to ?
2 pet, target of target frames and rightclick on frames for the 'contextmenu' are still on the todo list ?
3 groupwide setting presets at least for style, colors and probably a few more options I think would be nice to have once you are getting closer to something you deem finished
4 about that + icon on the target frame, what does it represent ? I remember there being a design idea for role icons a page or 2 back those related ?
1 yes only for developing
2 shure
3 and for scale yes
4 Its currently there because you can't read role of enemy target. It will show spec for fiendly targets and enemys will have race portraits... currently working on them there is an early preview:

Normal mobs will have an N elite will have E and rar mob will have R there instead of the +
12-12-13, 04:35 PM   #79
humfras
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
It wasn't my intention to stomp on anyones foot with what I wrote yesterday, if it did come across as such, I do apologise.

did play around with it a bit more today and so far it does what its meant to do.
no errors appeared in bugsack which is good...
though a few questions arose:
  1. hiding default unitframes is disabled for developing to make sure the frame behaves as it needs to ?
  2. pet, target of target frames and rightclick on frames for the 'contextmenu' are still on the todo list ? if not please do take this as a feature request
  3. suggestion: groupwide setting presets at least for style, colors and probably a few more options I think would be nice to have once you are getting closer to something you deem finished
  4. about that + icon on the target frame, what does it represent ? I remember there being a design idea for role icons a page or 2 back those related ?

will check a release again in a day or 2. keep up to good work
- Let's regard that as adjusted/solved amicably.
  1. Hiding the default unit frames is a visual functionality and will be done as soon as the core/base works flawlessly.
  2. Additional (basic) units will be added by default, a configuration menu to create own unit frames or groups of unit frames should be implemented this week.
    The right-click menu should be done as well, I'm currently working out the best way to handle this (default or custom menu etc.). If you're using Clique for mouseover healing, the frames will register themselves to it and Clique can/will handle the right-click menu (if configured so).
  3. When adding the frame creation menu, it will have a 'default configuration' panel whose settings will be applied to any frame created in that category (single or group frames). Also thinking about adding an option to copy settings from other frames (e.g. copy 'player' settings to 'target').
  4. The +-icon on any frame exept the group frames is a place holder for visual reference. As Tonyleila already mentioned, it should be replaced with rarity for hostile npcs (or maybe portrait when in a non-combat zone like Shattrath), race for player targets and friendly units. He would say "They’re Grrrrreat!" ... oh, wait that was another Tony...

Last edited by humfras : 12-12-13 at 04:40 PM.
12-13-13, 11:59 AM   #80
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
=Normal mobs will have an N elite will have E and rar mob will have R there instead of the +
Just a reminder of Rare Elite and Boss mobs.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Sword Art Online unit frames