07-23-09, 03:26 PM   #1
Dawnspire
A Murloc Raider
Question Square Unit Frames

Hi people ,
I'm new here and i hope i'll find some help ...

What :
I (REALLY) need an addon or a way to modify the player/target(and target of target if possibile) to a custom texture just like

Credits - http://wow.curse.com/members/Dragonir2008.aspx

Why :
I really like the simplycity of ADAPT (Almost Default Animated Portrait) addon but the problem is that the 3D image is a square (i heard it isn't possibile to mask a 3D animation so it would fit the default unit frames perfectly)

What i have :
I have the graphics (*.tga files for target/player/tot etc).
Credits - http://wow.curse.com/members/Dragonir2008.aspx

Hope Someone can help me and thanks in advance !

(Yes, i know X-Perl Unit frames does what ADAPT does but i want to keep my UI as Clean/Blizzard-Like as i can.)

Thank You !

~~~~~~
Dawnspire

Last edited by Dawnspire : 07-23-09 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Giving credits to the author of the screenshot and the textures i have !
07-23-09, 06:48 PM   #2
Ak1ra
A Fallenroot Satyr

Oo I hope someone can help U cause I wanna just the same - as clean as it possible)
07-23-09, 07:16 PM   #3
Dawnspire
A Murloc Raider
Really ? No one knows ? i can't be impossibile ...

~~~~~~
Dawnspire
07-23-09, 09:42 PM   #4
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This might not be what you are exactly wanting but I looked around for a while since seeing your post and couldn't find anything exactly.
But, you could, if you have even a little knowledge of the WoW file structure you could use the replace default texture method. This mod does exactly that. It does some with directions too so it should be self explanatory.
07-24-09, 12:37 AM   #5
Dainton
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Adapt says that it supports both circular and square portraits. The screenie on here even shows the tick box to toggle it. Am I totally missing the question?
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw12908.jpg
07-24-09, 12:49 AM   #6
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

The request was for it to look like the screenshot without the use of an UF addon. Apparently they already have the graphics and obviously Adapt, but Dawnspire wants the actual graphics changed too, like the screenshot.
07-24-09, 03:14 AM   #7
Dawnspire
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Syxx View Post
This might not be what you are exactly wanting but I looked around for a while since seeing your post and couldn't find anything exactly.
But, you could, if you have even a little knowledge of the WoW file structure you could use the replace default texture method. This mod does exactly that. It does some with directions too so it should be self explanatory.
Thanks man i rally appreciate that . And btw it has a ReadME ... couldn't be so hard
EDIT : Ok, it IS hard ... may i have a site or something that explains me the file structure ?
EDIT #2 : I think i found a way, converted author's textures to png and modifying them with the square ones . Sorry for confusing you with the edits .

Originally Posted by Dainton View Post
Adapt says that it supports both circular and square portraits. The screenie on here even shows the tick box to toggle it. Am I totally missing the question?
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw12908.jpg
Just install th addon and u will see the animation is square at least that's how it is for me !

~~~~~~
Dawnspire

Last edited by Dawnspire : 07-24-09 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Ok, it IS hard ...
07-24-09, 03:45 AM   #8
Dawnspire
A Murloc Raider
(I couldn't edit that post anymore)

The problem with using rUF is that it uses ALPHA images , masking the blizz ones other way than Blizz so it makes them look different.

All i need now is what path and name to use for my (the files i have, they are not MINE) files ?
The textures i have are for
Player Frame - i need player frame image path and format and it's alpha image
Target Frame - i need target frame image path and format and it's alpha image
Target of Target Frame - i need ToT frame image path and format and it's alpha image
Focus - i don't have an image but still need path and alpha , i'll make an image !

PS: I first tried to replace the textures in rUF with mine but when i paste my texture over the converted BLP(to png) the image appears in a low quality mode !

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Square Unit Frames