11-26-06, 06:53 PM   #81
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you want to increase the size of bottom artwork, you could feasibly do that in DART, but it would take a lot of work to get things looking correct again. I can't help you with that.

11-26-06, 07:00 PM   #82
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
Ok Mazzle, another post for you.

No questions of complaints for you. I have used the UI today on a 29 Paladin, a 6 Druid, a 60 Mage and a 60 Hunter, and the UI performed flawlessly on all characters.

There are a few mods that you do not have installed that I hold dear to my heart, and I was able to install those few with no conflicts or errors.

I must say that the hard work that you went through to create a UI for a bunch of people who want to piss and moan about it not coming out quickly enough shows just how good of a person you are. It is my most sincere hope that those of us that appreciate what you have done will be able to cheer you on into updating this wonderful tool from time to time as the game grows older. I for one have no intention of switching to another UI from this day forward.

Huzzah!

What we communicate is as important as How we communicate.

11-26-06, 07:07 PM   #83
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thank you very much, Blood Eagle. I do appreciate that, and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I do hope to continue working on it after taking a litlle break here, though things in my guild are a bit wonky atm.

The beta forums will be public soon and you can post some of those add-on suggestions there. A lot of the class-specific stuff are things that the other testers use and made good arguments for, not things I've used personally. So, those types of suggestions are always appreciated.

11-26-06, 07:09 PM   #84
Alaerio
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i love the mod mazzle! first time installing a mod has made me laugh

very well done, and very functional, taking a bit of getting used to with the new keybindings (had the same ones for nearly 2 years but finding these bindings alot more convenient just gotta break myself of old habits (6 has been judgement forever and ever lol)

i don't really forsee changing this for some time, the framework you've made here is really intuitive, and lightweight, all the things i've jury rigged myself end up bloated and crappy

anyway kudos to you

hope everything works out for 2.0 compatibility (since it's dependent alot on all the mod authors updating so you don't gnomesplode trying to fix it all ) cuz i'm starting to think i won't be able to do without it

Last edited by Alaerio : 11-26-06 at 07:13 PM.

11-26-06, 07:09 PM   #85
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by troubleduck
i was wondering if there was an option to turn on that little window that shows an enemys/players name when you mouse over them. i used nurfed before this and i really cant live without that mouse over thing. if this ui doesnt have that, does anyone know a mod that does that/or what did that in nurfed?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. It sounds like you're talking about tooltips, which should show when you mouse over someone. It's on the left side of the screeen.

11-26-06, 07:34 PM   #86
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

oh. yeah. but in nurfed the tooltip would be connect to your mouse.

like this:

http://tinypic.com/2lve2d4.jpg
Yeah, I prefer not to keep it out of the way. Part of the unobstructed thing.

Anyway, like I've said before to other questions. Look in the options. There's a whole category for tooltips. You can change it to show up at the mouse if you prefer that

11-26-06, 09:02 PM   #87
Cokemoko
A Kobold Labourer
Very nice UI.. Impressive i've been following the discussion lightly for awhile now. Sorry if this has been asked.. Quick question whats the status of the UI for the upcoming patch, thats currently on the PTR?

I gave it a quick try and the app told me *almost* everything was incompatible and did not load them..

11-26-06, 09:54 PM   #88
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

i guess its bugged then

edit- does anyone know a mod to get something like i posted in the above pic?
**boggle**

11-26-06, 09:56 PM   #89
Caspian
A Murloc Raider
Very awesome UI, alot of functionality and very configurable. On that note i do have a question regarding the discord action bars addon that comes with this. It comes preconfigured to use a function key (such as alt, shift, ctrl)+# to cast a spell that is on a bar other than the main bar. what i was wondering is if there is a way to change the settings to be more like the original bar setup. (ie. using shift+# to switch to a different page then using # to cast a spell) It may seem more archaic, but it's what i'm used to.

i've tried simply disabling the discord bars addon and using CTmod bars instead but that comes with it's own problems.

Also, the square fram that surrounds the minimap is remaining in the upper right corner where the mini map usually would sit rather than attaching itself to the actual minimap at the botton.

The only other thing i have trouble with is the HUD. When a mob dies the HUD will fill up my health bar completely for a second, then go back down to the correct ammount. It's very misleading especially in pvp circumstances. It has also done this occasionally when i self heal.

I hope someone can answer these questions for me because i really like this UI, especially the discord bars question.

Thanks

11-26-06, 10:12 PM   #90
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Caspian
Very awesome UI, alot of functionality and very configurable. On that note i do have a question regarding the discord action bars addon that comes with this. It comes preconfigured to use a function key (such as alt, shift, ctrl)+# to cast a spell that is on a bar other than the main bar. what i was wondering is if there is a way to change the settings to be more like the original bar setup. (ie. using shift+# to switch to a different page then using # to cast a spell) It may seem more archaic, but it's what i'm used to.

i've tried simply disabling the discord bars addon and using CTmod bars instead but that comes with it's own problems.
Use the simple layout and remap the bindings to whatever you want in DAB.

Also, the square fram that surrounds the minimap is remaining in the upper right corner where the mini map usually would sit rather than attaching itself to the actual minimap at the botton.
I can't imagine why that would happen, unless you have another addon in there that's doing something with the minimap. Try remazzifying the layout.

The only other thing i have trouble with is the HUD. When a mob dies the HUD will fill up my health bar completely for a second, then go back down to the correct ammount. It's very misleading especially in pvp circumstances. It has also done this occasionally when i self heal.
Try increasing the update rate on the discord add-ons. (in Options)

11-26-06, 10:49 PM   #91
Releaux
A Murloc Raider
Mazz,

This is a spectacular piece of work - congratulations! Like many others have mentioned, it's going to take some effort to retrain my fingers to the new key-bindings, but I can already tell that your mapping will make more sense to me in the long run -- I just never had the patience to remap everything myself before.

The installer is great (though I also commented out the /yell after the first couple of characters), the help system is really nice, etc., etc., etc.

The only thing that gave me any trouble at all was figuring out how to get on my darn horse, but a quick read through the change-log put me on the right track to go into DAB and put the horse on #120.

I hope not too much of what you've done breaks in BC... but until that time, I'm going to be rocking and rolling with the new UI.

Thanks very much for your efforts. I haven't been this happy about a new UI since my Everquest days.

11-26-06, 11:00 PM   #92
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Releaux
Mazz,

This is a spectacular piece of work - congratulations! Like many others have mentioned, it's going to take some effort to retrain my fingers to the new key-bindings, but I can already tell that your mapping will make more sense to me in the long run -- I just never had the patience to remap everything myself before.

The installer is great (though I also commented out the /yell after the first couple of characters), the help system is really nice, etc., etc., etc.

The only thing that gave me any trouble at all was figuring out how to get on my darn horse, but a quick read through the change-log put me on the right track to go into DAB and put the horse on #120.

I hope not too much of what you've done breaks in BC... but until that time, I'm going to be rocking and rolling with the new UI.

Thanks very much for your efforts. I haven't been this happy about a new UI since my Everquest days.
Well thank you.

So, it should have put your horse in action slot 120 automatically in this version. What's the name of the mount you have?

11-26-06, 11:27 PM   #93
boldhammer
A Kobold Labourer
Hi Mazzle. Congrats on your amazing UI. Its simply crazy. I can't say how much I love this and how impressed I am. I can only imagine the countless hours you spent on this. I will be sending a much deserved donation when Christmas is over.

I'm having one little problem. My MT target list doesn't show up. It did earlier in the day when I tested out what the UI would look/feel like in a raid setting. But when I went to my raid later on this evening, they were gone and no where to be found. I'm a paly and the raid leader, so I was totally lost tonight. I really need those. Any ideas? If I can't get those working, would using CTraid foul up anything?

In addition, I have two little circles on my screen. They look just like the ones that CTraid had that marked where you could move your quest tracking txt on your screen. I can't figure out where these circles came from or what to do about 'em. Any ideas?

Thanks again for all your hard work and amazing UI.

11-26-06, 11:32 PM   #94
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by boldhammer
Hi Mazzle. Congrats on your amazing UI. Its simply crazy. I can't say how much I love this and how impressed I am. I can only imagine the countless hours you spent on this. I will be sending a much deserved donation when Christmas is over.

I'm having one little problem. My MT target list doesn't show up. It did earlier in the day when I tested out what the UI would look/feel like in a raid setting. But when I went to my raid later on this evening, they were gone and no where to be found. I'm a paly and the raid leader, so I was totally lost tonight. I really need those. Any ideas? If I can't get those working, would using CTraid foul up anything?

In addition, I have two little circles on my screen. They look just like the ones that CTraid had that marked where you could move your quest tracking txt on your screen. I can't figure out where these circles came from or what to do about 'em. Any ideas?

Thanks again for all your hard work and amazing UI.
I'm guessing you're a warlock and those two circles are from DoTimer. Put them where you'd like the timer bars and then lock them, which is a command in DoTimer.

There's a command in the oRA menu that says something to the effect of update or maybe it's refresh. I don't remember exactly what it's called atm. Try that to get your mt windows to show.

11-27-06, 12:23 AM   #95
subby33
A Kobold Labourer
Mazz I apologize if this has been asked before but I cannot seem to find the information and neither can my friend.

On my walrock character I found the keybinding to make my pet attack, but there is no binding option to "un"attack the target.

Can you please help?

The UI is beautiful BTW ::Hug::

PS: We're on the same server! ;-)

11-27-06, 01:16 AM   #96
Obliza
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Mazzle Check this out for a combat log.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=5332
Its AMAZING.

11-27-06, 02:01 AM   #97
Desmoras
A Murloc Raider

Nice Work

Hi Mazzle,

Good work on releasing to public
I personally don't like the font... Is it possible for me to change it?

Des

PS. A Job well done indeed Mazzle.

11-27-06, 02:03 AM   #98
ericbloodaxe
A Kobold Labourer
bigger xp bar

Originally Posted by Fireball
First, i want to say that I'am happy to have the MazzleUI,
but is there really no easy way to make the UI bigger? (i dont want to change the graphics of dart and the config of /dfm and so on)

And what about a big XP-Bar?

first of all - well done mazzle - nice clean ui with loads of features gj.

for a big xp bar replacing experiencefu with fuxpfu seems to have no unwanted effects on the rest of the ui

11-27-06, 02:15 AM   #99
Agios
A Murloc Raider
hey Mazzle rly Great Add-on one of the bests (if not the best) i have used so far.. and i have some long time experience with trying add-ons (2 years playing wow now).

The UI is rly smooth and great looking at least at my PC no FPS drop no problems at all (Ace2 ftw)

Only a problem i have found so far.. when i am raiding (and i do alot) there is no MT targets on the lower right corner where there supposed to be, alhtough i have set them from the Ora2 interface and i am sure that they option to show Tanks is "ticked" .... still no frames on the lower right corner :S maybe.. i did something wrong...but by default there was no frame there at all !.. i would appreciate any suggestion....

thx for your time. ( and i know its precius and ppl ask u like many questions so far..but is a great mod and its worth it)

p.s: keep the mod updated its rly worth it ! best "job" on a UI i have ever seen.

Last edited by Agios : 11-27-06 at 02:18 AM.

11-27-06, 03:44 AM   #100
ShibbyShaman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Agios
hey Mazzle rly Great Add-on one of the bests (if not the best) i have used so far.. and i have some long time experience with trying add-ons (2 years playing wow now).

The UI is rly smooth and great looking at least at my PC no FPS drop no problems at all (Ace2 ftw)

Only a problem i have found so far.. when i am raiding (and i do alot) there is no MT targets on the lower right corner where there supposed to be, alhtough i have set them from the Ora2 interface and i am sure that they option to show Tanks is "ticked" .... still no frames on the lower right corner :S maybe.. i did something wrong...but by default there was no frame there at all !.. i would appreciate any suggestion....

thx for your time. ( and i know its precius and ppl ask u like many questions so far..but is a great mod and its worth it)

p.s: keep the mod updated its rly worth it ! best "job" on a UI i have ever seen.

For your raid layout problem on the bottom right you can right click the "Mazzle UI" text and it will cycle through the frame layouts

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI